Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

On 2/1/2021 at 2:03 PM, island lady said:

Yikes...a lot!  Would be easier to list off the countries and islands we (were 😞 ) to visit.  Was to do a total circumnavigation around Australia.  Also visiting Tasmania, plus north and south New Zealand.  Doing many small islands in the south Pacific, then on to Hawaii visiting the islands there for 5 days...then on to Vancouver.  

Just catching up with the thread, not sure if this comment has been made - but sadly I cannot envision this sort of trip being made for a while.  

Small islands will not welcome day trippers bringing in potential new variant infections and overwhelming small health services.   Making so many different calls on one trip sounds risky.  

It does sound like the trip of a lifetime.  I cruise for the port days not the sea days so this looks like an amazing plan when I win the lottery.  Just not yet.  

My good news yesterday was that non-essential shops have opened.  My nails are finally back to their colourful selves.  

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Glad you had a restful night and little discomfort.

And you don't have to "look down" for a period of time, like some ophthalmologists demand....

All those different eye drops are annoying, but it's for a good "cause" 😁

Treatment I got was.

Phacoemulsification of lens.

Vitrectomy using anterior approach.

Vitrectomy using pars plana approach.

Graham.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

37f and cloudy this morning.

So far I have had very little discomfort from my eye.

it is 9am here and I am having breakfast watching TV in bed 

After breakfast Pauline is going to take my eye patch off and clean around the eye then I will start my 4 weeks course of eye drops.

Thank you to everyone for all your good wishes messages.

Graham.

I will add my good wishes.  Sort of a bonus that you are not missing much of ‘life outside’ while you recover.  I have hesitated about deleting the comment because I am not sure if it trivialises what other people are going through.  I don’t mean it to.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, ollienbertsmum said:

I will add my good wishes.  Sort of a bonus that you are not missing much of ‘life outside’ while you recover.  I have hesitated about deleting the comment because I am not sure if it trivialises what other people are going through.  I don’t mean it to.  

Thank you for your good wishes.

We are in lockdown in the UK so going outside is limited to food shopping, exercise and essential work only.

I am semi retired so no plans to do much for the next 2 weeks anyway.

I am 64 so it will be a while before I will get the covid19 vaccine but actually having had covid19 myself 7 weeks ago hopefully I will have some immunity.

Graham.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I am 64 so it will be a while before I will get the covid19 vaccine but actually having had covid19 myself 7 weeks ago hopefully I will have some immunity.

Graham.

I'm 65 in two weeks so hoping to get my call by the end of February 🤞

All the top four tiers should be vaccinated with at least one dose by mid Feb. 

Glad that your op went well Graham. 👍

Edited by sgmn
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, erinsmom03 said:

Celebrating our rescue dogs today! They have made pandemic life much happier for our family.

IMG_2373.jpeg

Miss our Golden.  We had to put Scarlett down 2 years ago.  She was a very good girl.  We keep going back and forth about getting another dog.  

Scarlett.thumb.jpg.f87b7cf939588a89e6a406ee8a7ce2a2.jpg

• Like 12

5 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Thanks Sue.

Happy birthday in advance.

I hope you get your vaccine call ASAP.

I'm in group 6 because of my mild heart attack December 2019.

Pauline is 59 in March so group 8.

Graham

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Thanks Sue.

I appreciate your best wishes.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

I got my 2nd shot Tuesday afternoon.  Tuesday night my arm was very sore and I had a low grade fever.  By 10 am Wednesday I felt pretty good and after a good night's sleep last night I feel good except for a slightly sore arm if I press on it.  Now we just wait until the 60+ group gets their shots for my husband.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

37f and cloudy this morning.

So far I have had very little discomfort from my eye.

it is 9am here and I am having breakfast watching TV in bed 

After breakfast Pauline is going to take my eye patch off and clean around the eye then I will start my 4 weeks course of eye drops.

Thank you to everyone for all your good wishes messages.

Graham.

Happy to hear you are doing well.🥰   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Rough night and will probably got tougher.  Yesterday afternoon Eric was diagnosed with a bad UTI and started an antibiotic around 2 pm.   Last night after Dinner Eric became lethargic and was flopping on sofa while watching tv.  I thought he was having a stroke so called 911.  They said he was dehydrated and very common to have this type of reaction with a bad UTI.

He was admitted to a room in middle of night and I just got notified by hospital he tested positive for Covid.

I'm scared to death what will happen since he is on anti rejection meds being a transplant recipient that is immuno compromised.   Waiting for his transplant doctor to call me back.  Please pray for him.

• Like 9

17 minutes ago, Keksie said:

I got my 2nd shot Tuesday afternoon.  Tuesday night my arm was very sore and I had a low grade fever.  By 10 am Wednesday I felt pretty good and after a good night's sleep last night I feel good except for a slightly sore arm if I press on it.  Now we just wait until the 60+ group gets their shots for my husband.

It's good to hear you have now had your second vaccine jab.

Sorry to hear you had some after effects but you seem to be better now.

🤞for your husband getting a vaccine call.

Graham

5 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Rough night and will probably got tougher.  Yesterday afternoon Eric was diagnosed with a bad UTI and started an antibiotic around 2 pm.   Last night after Dinner Eric became lethargic and was flopping on sofa while watching tv.  I thought he was having a stroke so called 911.  They said he was dehydrated and very common to have this type of reaction with a bad UTI.

He was admitted to a room in middle of night and I just got notified by hospital he tested positive for Covid.

I'm scared to death what will happen since he is on anti rejection meds being a transplant recipient that is immuno compromised.   Waiting for his transplant doctor to call me back.  Please pray for him.

We are both very upset to hear your news about Eric and have both said a prayer for him and hope everything works out okay for him.

Our thoughts go to you too.

Take care.

Lots of love.

Graham & Pauline xx

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

So sorry to read this. Try to stay strong and please keep us informed.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sorry to hear this, hoping for a speedy recovery.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

We are both very upset to hear your news about Eric and have both said a prayer for him and hope everything works out okay for him.

Our thoughts go to you too.

Take care.

Lots of love.

Graham & Pauline xx

Thank you. 

I will keep everyone posted. 

He hasn't been anywhere other than a PT visit last week for his broken humerus.  I ran errands over the weekend...food store, drug store, etc and we have both been home since sunday afternoon since we had the big snow storm.  I could have brought into the house as all stores were very busy with everyone preparing for the storm.

I did advise his Physical Therapist and she said she had her 2nd dose of vaccine 2 weeks ago.  

• Like 1