Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Odyssey sailing from Israel for Israeli citizens only.

Like in Singapore, don't confuse citizenship with residency, the latter of which is what counts for eligibility to cruise.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, singinalot said:

set up our new bed today and I honestly can’t wait to sleep. We got a nectar mattress which is a huge upgrade for us. We also went from a queen to a king so had to get all new bed frame and bedding. 😇😇😇

DD91A078-78B9-43C1-82CE-20A06FCCE486.jpeg

A0F612FE-2157-4E94-9989-2877719AECE6.jpeg

94E45F4B-0738-4DD4-87B6-3C9F8D16BFAB.jpeg

OMG

I really like your setup 

Too bad I did not see this before we did some changes.  Love it!!!!!!!!!!!

We are in the process of re-doing our second guest room, which is not done yet.

We are waiting on the dresser, hutch and hopeless chest to be delivered.

We were cheap, went to Macy's got a close out Queen bed, mattress and frame for $429.  Yup took the Colorado, and had them put it in the truck at the store, and we brought it home.  Not sounding too cheap but a delivery fee of $100, for a $429 item well, not going to happen.   Besides the future son in law and the DH can put it in place.  

Oh the other furniture well was DH's grandmothers who passed away, and for that we are paying to get it delivered.  Old time cherry furniture is way too hard for us to move up the stairs.  Worth the expense for that as some other stuff we are taking from her house.

Of course even though the room is not done, the DD slept in the bed this weekend.

Thanks for sharing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

From which model?  We generally get a new phone every two years. Didn’t see enough to make the jump from 11 Pro Max?  What major improvements did you find?

Thanks

Upgraded from the XS Max.  We also typically skip a generation and upgrade whenever we're done paying off the current phone with Verizon.  My primary reason for upgrading was the camera.  I used to shoot about 75% of my pictures on my DSLR and 25% on my phone.  Now it's just the opposite.  The 12 pro camera is significantly better and the X didn't have the UW lens.  The 12 Pro Max supports RAW file formats and I do a lot of raw shooting and then editing in Lightroom Mobile.  Night mode seems like a nice upgrade, although I haven't played with that a lot.

I also like the square edge design of the 12 and I can notice the increased processing power on a couple of games that I play that involve graphics.

16 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Rag doll !! That's what I had in mind when I said "full fur"....

I remember seeing this "model" and fell in love with it, but when I've checked a little, the price as well as them being prone to stomach obstruction [?] problems because of the quantity of fur they ingest, have put me off...

Off topic, but wanted to tag into you.   Looks like you will have the Odyssey all to yourselves in your country this summer!  Residents only!  Lucky you!  I will get to see her in January of 2022.  🙂 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Upgraded from the XS Max.  We also typically skip a generation and upgrade whenever we're done paying off the current phone with Verizon.  My primary reason for upgrading was the camera.  I used to shoot about 75% of my pictures on my DSLR and 25% on my phone.  Now it's just the opposite.  The 12 pro camera is significantly better and the X didn't have the UW lens.  The 12 Pro Max supports RAW file formats and I do a lot of raw shooting and then editing in Lightroom Mobile.  Night mode seems like a nice upgrade, although I haven't played with that a lot.

I also like the square edge design of the 12 and I can notice the increased processing power on a couple of games that I play that involve graphics.

Thanks. That makes sense as the camera on the XS Max is nothing like the camera on the 11 Pro Max. 

Probably next year for the rumored 13 and 1TB of storage. 

M8

9 hours ago, singinalot said:

set up our new bed today and I honestly can’t wait to sleep. We got a nectar mattress which is a huge upgrade for us. We also went from a queen to a king so had to get all new bed frame and bedding. 😇😇😇

Definitely let us know what you think.  If I do a Google search for best mattress, the Nectar, Purple, etc. seem to pop up a lot.  I've wondered if they really are that good, or if these reviews were somehow sponsored.  We've been Sleep Number users for about 15 years.

5 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Thanks. That makes sense as the camera on the XS Max is nothing like the camera on the 11 Pro Max. 

Yes.  I think the big camera jump was from the X to the 11.  I've read a few reviews that say the 12 is of course better than the 11, but that jump is not as significant.

Edit: Other than the 12 supporting ProRAW.  If you're into raw processing, that IS significant.

Edited by bobmacliberty
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Definitely let us know what you think.  If I do a Google search for best mattress, the Nectar, Purple, etc. seem to pop up a lot.  I've wondered if they really are that good, or if these reviews were somehow sponsored.  We've been Sleep Number users for about 15 years.

We are also Sleep Number freaks. We are on our third version. 

1 minute ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I agree and not really worth the jump from our 11 Pro Max. 

Thanks

I just edited my last post about the 12 supporting ProRAW.  That's a big deal for some people.  Most would rather just shoot jpg.

We bought a new one a couple of months ago when we moved into our new house.  Best sleep we've had in a long time.  Well worth it.  The partner snore setting actually works. 😁

• Like 3

Just now, bobmacliberty said:

I just edited my last post about the 12 supporting ProRAW.  That's a big deal for some people.  Most would rather just shoot jpg.

I used to shoot RAW on my DSLR (Cannon 7D & 5D). Both those cameras are packed in storage right now until our new home is completed. You need some good photo editing software to really play with RAW. 

M8

I used to shoot RAW on my DSLR (Cannon 7D & 5D). Both those cameras are packed in storage right now until our new home is completed. You need some good photo editing software to really play with RAW. 

M8

Lightroom.  The Mobile version is less capable than the desktop version but still gives you a lot of tweaking ability right on the phone.  All of my images in LR Mobile get auto uploaded to the Adobe cloud and then auto sync'd to my desktop computer where I can use the full version of LR if desired.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

My CPAP machine fixed my snoring. 😇

Tried that about 10 years ago but I move around too much while sleeping.  Never could get comfortable with the hose.  I should try again as I think CPAP masks have improved since then.  And the partner snore button works both ways. 😉

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, island lady said:

Off topic, but wanted to tag into you.   Looks like you will have the Odyssey all to yourselves in your country this summer!  Residents only!  Lucky you!  I will get to see her in January of 2022.  🙂 

Off topic? We are slowly covering any topic you can think of.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

We bought a TempurPedic bed in August, due to Chris’s back, neck and shoulder issues. Chris is much more comfortable, and I sleep well.

Dani, are you tempted by the Haifa sailings of the Odyssey? 

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

Off topic? We are slowly covering any topic you can think of.

I meant the Rag doll post she made that I quoted on was not about Rag Dolls.  😉  BTW....I adore Rag Doll cats!  They are sooo lovey and docile.  🥰

• Like 1

10 hours ago, singinalot said:

9 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Let us know tomorrow how you liked it. Sounded like something I'd like. I sleep on a foam topper, and nectar is foam. I used mr google.

30 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Add me to the list of people that want to know. Currently mattress shopping. Intrigued by the whole bed-in-a-box thing. I know Nectar has a pretty generous home-trial and return policy but I guess I'm old school and want to try in the store first.

We've been checking out hybrid mattress which seems to work for us.  I found Purple way to soft and bouncy, even the "firm" one.  Casper seems pretty good as does a couple of Sealy models. Right now, Aireloom - a fine California company that was favored by Ronald Regan & other celebrities - is on the top of the list. A bit pricey but Macy's has a 50% off sale  with free shipping and adjustable base thrown in which makes it competitive.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, island lady said:

I meant the Rag doll post she made that I quoted on was not about Rag Dolls.  😉  BTW....I adore Rag Doll cats!  They are sooo lovey and docile.  🥰

I too, was wondering how a post about the latest cruise news could be off-topic on a cruise forum. 😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Add me to the list of people that want to know. Currently mattress shopping. Intrigued by the whole bed-in-a-box thing. I know Nectar has a pretty generous home-trial and return policy but I guess I'm old school and want to try in the store first.

We've been checking out hybrid mattress which seems to work for us.  I found Purple way to soft and bouncy, even the "firm" one.  Casper seems pretty good as does a couple of Sealy models. Right now, Aireloom - a fine California company that was favored by Ronald Regan & other celebrities - is on the top of the list. A bit pricey but Macy's has a 50% off sale  with free shipping and adjustable base thrown in which makes it competitive.

We got a full latex mattress about 3 years ago and it's the best mattress I've ever owned. It's kinda pricey but it helped with my shoulder problems immensely (years of high level hockey and rugby). 

• Thanks 1