Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

OMG

I really like your setup 

Too bad I did not see this before we did some changes.  Love it!!!!!!!!!!!

We are in the process of re-doing our second guest room, which is not done yet.

We are waiting on the dresser, hutch and hopeless chest to be delivered.

We were cheap, went to Macy's got a close out Queen bed, mattress and frame for $429.  Yup took the Colorado, and had them put it in the truck at the store, and we brought it home.  Not sounding too cheap but a delivery fee of $100, for a $429 item well, not going to happen.   Besides the future son in law and the DH can put it in place.  

Oh the other furniture well was DH's grandmothers who passed away, and for that we are paying to get it delivered.  Old time cherry furniture is way too hard for us to move up the stairs.  Worth the expense for that as some other stuff we are taking from her house.

Of course even though the room is not done, the DD slept in the bed this weekend.

Thanks for sharing.

I'm surprised you can buy a bedroom set for $429. Good job. I'm wondering about for future store near cocoa beach, but first gotta close. Today trying to get a firm answer if the title company will or wouldnt close. ..and if we need to move closing. I'm making myself take things one step at a time. Furniture shopping sounds fun. 

It's good you had a couple of guys handy to move the furniture and a truck. 

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Upgraded from the XS Max.  We also typically skip a generation and upgrade whenever we're done paying off the current phone with Verizon.  

I heard something about some new florida regulations regarding phone companies and paying off phones and wondered what florida was doing. It was at the tail end of saying the new 4 regulations will allow individuals to sue big tech, so was barely listening. Seems some consumers are complaining about how long it takes to pay off new phones.

I'm just using a samsung, used to it, but dont have amazing pictures. Was eyeing the a21 for my next purchase, but not real clear which phones are 5g capable.

6 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

A loud shout from Pauline stops mine for a while.😩🤭

It's amazing how this thread changes topics.  Since we've shifted to snoring...my wife uses silicon ear plugs.  They do a great job of blocking noise and they're comfortable to wear, since they mold to your ear.  I use them when sleeping on a plane.  This is the kind we use.  You can find them in CVS and Walgreens.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

I heard something about some new florida regulations regarding phone companies and paying off phones and wondered what florida was doing. It was at the tail end of saying the new 4 regulations will allow individuals to sue big tech, so was barely listening. Seems some consumers are complaining about how long it takes to pay off new phones.

I don't know about the regulations/lawsuits, but I had the option of spreading the cost of the phone over either 24 or 30 months.  No interest so why not take advantage of this??  This is Verizon in Florida.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I don't know about the regulations/lawsuits, but I had the option of spreading the cost of the phone over either 24 or 30 months.  No interest so why not take advantage of this??  This is Verizon in Florida.

I can already tell your pictures are suburb quality. I need a zoom lenses or something. I had flocks of birds landing in my front after the freeze here, and at best the birds just look like something dark. My pictures kind of stink next to yours.

17 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

It's amazing how this thread changes topics.  Since we've shifted to snoring...my wife uses silicon ear plugs.  They do a great job of blocking noise and they're comfortable to wear, since they mold to your ear.  I use them when sleeping on a plane.  This is the kind we use.  You can find them in CVS and Walgreens.

In our young sun worshipping days I would fall asleep on my sunbed and fortunately most people were listening to their music with their ear phones in.

Apparently I was snoring at times or at least that's what Pauline said when she kept waking me up.😎😂

38 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

A loud shout from Pauline stops mine for a while.😩🤭

I jiggle the bed...which makes him snort and stop...for a little awhile anyway.  🥴

Edited by island lady
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, StanleyandGus said:

We bought a TempurPedic bed in August, due to Chris’s back, neck and shoulder issues. Chris is much more comfortable, and I sleep well.

Dani, are you tempted by the Haifa sailings of the Odyssey? 

We switched from TempurPedic to Sleep Number when I moved my bed in 6 years ago. The boss loves the SN better. 

Bought a brand new $$  king size mattress and box spring a year ago.  Bucky wanted firm...which it was...way too firm!!  Ended up buying a good quality foam topper online a week later,  which then added another 5 inches to the height...yikes...almost need a ladder to get onto the bed now!!  😮  

Super comfy now!   But if I ever rolled over and fell out of bed....would hurt!!  

• Like 1

Yaaaahhh!!   Quartz top and sinks were just installed in our main bathroom!!  😁  Bathroom has been months in the process.  Started with new tiled shower last year.  Then months to wait on custom cabinets.  Sheeezz....glad it is over.  And looks great!  😍

Now Bucky has to put on his plumber's hat and connect the plumbing.  

Won't know how to act being able to actually use our bathroom in full capacity now.  And can finally get all the stuff out of the closet to transfer to the new vanity.  

Next up...new carpet for walk in closet and bedroom.  🤗

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, island lady said:

Bought a brand new $$  king size mattress and box spring a year ago.  Bucky wanted firm...which it was...way too firm!!  Ended up buying a good quality foam topper online a week later,  which then added another 5 inches to the height...yikes...almost need a ladder to get onto the bed now!!  😮  

Super comfy now!   But if I ever rolled over and fell out of bed....would hurt!!  

I can only sleep on a mattress that feels like concrete.When cruising I have only been able to get a mattress this hard on RCI ships

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

@dani negreanuLooks like you may have the opportunity to sail before the rest of us.  Odyssey sailing from Israel for Israeli citizens only.

4 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Like in Singapore, don't confuse citizenship with residency, the latter of which is what counts for eligibility to cruise.

4 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Wow, now a bit more jelly. Congrats Dani. Post photos while on board. 

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Off topic, but wanted to tag into you.   Looks like you will have the Odyssey all to yourselves in your country this summer!  Residents only!  Lucky you!  I will get to see her in January of 2022.  🙂 

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Off topic? We are slowly covering any topic you can think of.

2 hours ago, StanleyandGus said:

Dani, are you tempted by the Haifa sailings of the Odyssey? 

Thank you all for thinking about me -- just today we were finally out all day and my iphone battery was running low.

Came home to tons of new posts.

The Odyssey is all over the news, including the Prime Minister thanking RC for the novelty of having a cruise ship actually leaving and returning to Israel.

It is a FIRST and we were eagerly waiting for the opportunity not to fly out...

BUT, with your kind permission, I'll wait for more details before "committing"...

Knowing "my" people, I fear that the food will be "kusher", which for us will mean: "thanks, but no thanks" 😅

• Like 6

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Yaaaahhh!!   Quartz top and sinks were just installed in our main bathroom!!  😁  Bathroom has been months in the process.  Started with new tiled shower last year.  Then months to wait on custom cabinets.  Sheeezz....glad it is over.  And looks great!  😍

That's great news!  How about some pictures?

5 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

BUT, with your kind permission, I'll wait for more details before "committing"...

Knowing "my" people, I fear that the food will be "kusher", which for us will mean: "thanks, but no thanks" 😅

Is kusher like kosher. I like most of why I've had, just save me from italian lol

I would be surprised if rcl has a food announcement but they may, or you have to wait for it to start and read reviews. I'd like the chance to cruise.  Good rcl news anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

That's one of the benefits of the Sleep Number beds.  I like my side a little firmer than my wife.  We each have our own settings.

Today we went to visit, for the 1st time after one year, a dear friend of us, who accidentally has his foot in a cast.

Another friend, who just bought an iphone 12 pro max (1520$, monthly payments for 36 months), was eager to "demonstrate" the 3 cameras performance (v. Galaxy S21). 

So I let him take pictures of our brunch. 

@Milwaukee Eight @bobmacliberty  @A&L_Ont

BTW, DH still thinks that Galaxy S21 is better....

Sara1.jpg

Sara2.jpg

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dani negreanu said:

Today we went to visit, for the 1st time after one year, a dear friend of us, who accidentally has his foot in a cast.

Another friend, who just bought an iphone 12 pro max (1520$, monthly payments for 36 months), was eager to "demonstrate" the 3 cameras performance (v. Galaxy S21). 

So I let him take pictures of our brunch. 

@Milwaukee Eight @bobmacliberty  @A&L_Ont

BTW, DH still thinks that Galaxy S21 is better....

Great, someone who owns an S21. What does he think of the phone in general and what phone did he upgrade from?

Clarification. We got the frame , lower box thingie and mattress. ( Queen) for $429.  

We are getting delivered from grandmas house her dresser , hutch,  and hopeless chest.   This was a freebie.  We are also getting other pieces of heavy furniture from her house. So we are paying movers.  

I still think we did good. I’ll post picture of bedroom in progress when I get home. 

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Thank you all for thinking about me -- just today we were finally out all day and my iphone battery was running low.

Came home to tons of new posts.

The Odyssey is all over the news, including the Prime Minister thanking RC for the novelty of having a cruise ship actually leaving and returning to Israel.

It is a FIRST and we were eagerly waiting for the opportunity not to fly out...

Looking forward to the "Routine day on the Odyssey OTS" thread.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Won't know how to act being able to actually use our bathroom in full capacity now.  And can finally get all the stuff out of the closet to transfer to the new vanity.  

Pictures please!

We have chosen almost everything for our main bathroom, except for the quartz countertop. I’m hoping for inspiration! 😁

• Like 1

Pictures please!

We have chosen almost everything for our main bathroom, except for the quartz countertop. I’m hoping for inspiration! 😁