Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

I have an iphone 5, I think they came out with about 7 new phones since I got mine in 2012.  The battery doesn't hold up and I probably would have replaced it years ago if I actually used it the way everyone else does.  I ended up with the 12 mini since I wanted something small and it has the 5g technology so I can wait another 5 years to buy anothe one.  My daughter says that is wishful thinking on my part. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Sleep Number can be what you want it to be. From so soft you can’t get out to so firm you can flip a coin off it. Each side is adjustable to fit individual need.  We have the 360 split bed so adjustments are set to individual. The sheets are a pain but well worth it. 

My sister in law bought one years ago and swears by it.  She gets very excited about most purchases so I took it with a grain of salt.  My daughter recently mentioned wanting one, I might have to go try one out with her.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sheal said:

My sister in law bought one years ago and swears by it.  She gets very excited about most purchases so I took it with a grain of salt.  My daughter recently mentioned wanting one, I might have to go try one out with her.

We tried out a Sleep Number bed at a hotel with the dual controls, 2 nights. I don't know if they are all like that or if this one had a leak on both sides, or what. :classic_rolleyes: It was noisy.  I would roll over and this little quiet motor would come on, bbbbrrrrr. And then it would stop. And he would roll over or flop, and this little motor would come on, bbbbrrrrrrr. And stop. We both agreed that we don't want a bed that makes noise. That was just our experience. :classic_smile:

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Coralc said:

We tried out a Sleep Number bed at a hotel with the dual controls, 2 nights. I don't know if they are all like that or if this one had a leak on both sides, or what. :classic_rolleyes: It was noisy.  I would roll over and this little quiet motor would come on, bbbbrrrrr. And then it would stop. And he would roll over or flop, and this little motor would come on, bbbbrrrrrrr. And stop. We both agreed that we don't want a bed that makes noise. That was just our experience. :classic_smile:

I think was a radisson hotel where I tried one. Maybe better for 2 idk? Well it was worth the extra cost of the hotel to try it and decide I like foam better.

Interesting day here , we had a water heater brake several weeks ago , now in process of getting new floors for most of our home. Because of this tv satellite was unplugged, cool thing was our dvd place was ok so we watched video of our first European cruise from Athens to Rome exactly 20 years ago we were on a Renaissance adults only cruise on a brand new ship. Fantastic trip with 4 stops in Greece and 4 stops in Italy including the restaurant where the Margarita pizza was first made in the 1780’s Brandi’s on the new Stanley Tucci Italy show he visited same pizza place in first episode. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I think was a radisson hotel where I tried one. Maybe better for 2 idk? Well it was worth the extra cost of the hotel to try it and decide I like foam better.

Yes! It was a Radisson in Tampa, and supposedly an upgrade. :classic_biggrin: And not better for 2, just noisier. We are in the market for a new mattress at home too. that is why I am following the mattress posts. We just haven't decided either. :classic_smile:

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Yes! It was a Radisson in Tampa, and supposedly an upgrade. :classic_biggrin: And not better for 2, just noisier. We are in the market for a new mattress at home too. that is why I am following the mattress posts. We just haven't decided either. :classic_smile:

I think I was at cape Canaveral where I did the radisson to try out the sleep number bed. I wonder if these radisson are just in florida. Mine was too.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, George C said:

Interesting day here , we had a water heater brake several weeks ago , now in process of getting new floors for most of our home. Because of this tv satellite was unplugged, cool thing was our dvd place was ok so we watched video of our first European cruise from Athens to Rome exactly 20 years ago we were on a Renaissance adults only cruise on a brand new ship. Fantastic trip with 4 stops in Greece and 4 stops in Italy including the restaurant where the Margarita pizza was first made in the 1780’s Brandi’s on the new Stanley Tucci Italy show he visited same pizza place in first episode. 

George that doesnt sound fun to replace floors. I'm sorry to hear this.

9 hours ago, Coralc said:

We’ve had our sleep number bed for over 15 years and it is quiet unless you change the number.  It holds the air even if the electricity goes out.  We love it.  I like soft and DH likes firm, so it’s the perfect solution.  I’m thinking about getting a new one, but can’t convince myself it would be enough better to warrant the cost.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I was able to get the trap yesterday and baited it with peanut butter and peanuts.  Nothing overnight as I had just set the trap on the floor but we could hear him scampering about between the furnace room and the family room in the bulkhead around the hot and cold air returns.  

I was out for the day and when I got home my son said he opened the door to check and was staring right at a big black squirrel climbing our water pipe. Looked around and saw the mess that the squirrel had made as he tried to claw his way out through our vinyl clad window. 

I moved the trap up to the window ledge and went upstairs, booked a couple of cruises, talked to a client and had dinner.  Went down to check and lo and behold we had us a pretty mad squirrel in a cage.  Took him for a nice long drive to a conservation area.  I opened the door on the trap and he shot out of there that would put Nates sports cars to shame.

Time now for a drink then to clean up the damage.  He just added to the damage the first squirrel did 10 years ago. 

8D2EB156-2A5F-4964-8A73-3E883A75FB57.jpeg

620EB9F9-A802-4AD9-87BB-506B71DB6330.jpeg

Did I miss how he got in there?

9 hours ago, Coralc said:

I would think this is a leak or sensor error. Our pump seldom runs. Temperature changes, just like with car/motorcycle tires, the pressure can change. 

M8

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, firefly333 said:

It takes a few nights to determine your number. It does have an automatic setting based on your weight however I experimented and found my own number. It’s hard to really see the benefit with one night. 

M8

• Thanks 2

15 hours ago, singinalot said:

some of our listing photos ☺️

you can guess which one is Nate’ favorite.

I'm guessing the garage also.  Nice man cave.  You should have no trouble selling quickly...ideally with a bidding war.  💲  Looks great.  

Is that a Surya rug in the family room?  Looks a lot like a Surya Aisha that we looked at for our house.  I now know way more about rugs than I ever thought I would.  🥴

Our new sleep number bed has a feature called responsive air.  It will adjust the air as you move around to keep it consistent.  If you move from your back to your side for example, you're body is putting more pressure on the mattress on your side (same weight pressing on a smaller surface area).  The mattress will adjust accordingly.  It's a nice feature but if you're sensitive to noise while sleeping, you can hear the pump.  Doesn't wake me (I sleep like a rock) but my wife could hear it if she wasn't wearing ear plugs.  You can turn this feature off and the pump will only come on if you purposely adjust the firmness setting.

I think this is a fairly new feature and if you tried the hotel SN bed a while ago, I'd agree with Rory that the bed likely had a slow leak of a sensor issue.  We now have 3 SN beds and the pump has become quieter with each successive bed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Coralc said:

That was my experience with a Sleep Number bed at a hotel as well. I think it was a Raddisson. It was also 10 years ago so it may be worth a second look. I'm intrigued by it as my DW is a back sleeper and likes firm while I'm a side sleeper and like medium. The snore feature is also a plus.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HBE4 said:

That was my experience with a Sleep Number bed at a hotel as well. I think it was a Raddisson. It was also 10 years ago so it may be worth a second look. I'm intrigued by it as my DW is a back sleeper and likes firm while I'm a side sleeper and like medium. The snore feature is also a plus.

I've seen ads for Tempurpedic beds that show their anti-snore feature.  They slightly raise the head of the bed automatically.  I haven't researched this so I'm not sure how they detect snoring...sound maybe?  Our SN bed is manual, not automatic.  If my wife hears me snoring she can activate the partner snore setting, either from the included remote or from her phone, and the head of my side of the bed will raise slightly.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ATG said:

We’ve had our sleep number bed for over 15 years and it is quiet unless you change the number. 

48 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I think this is a fairly new feature and if you tried the hotel SN bed a while ago, I'd agree with Rory that the bed likely had a slow leak of a sensor issue.  We now have 3 SN beds and the pump has become quieter with each successive bed.

That's good to know. Being a light sleeper, having a quiet bed is important.

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

It takes a few nights to determine your number. It does have an automatic setting based on your weight however I experimented and found my own number. It’s hard to really see the benefit with one night.

I've been told over and over to try a bed for 3-4 weeks before deciding we like it. I did have to return a mattress  once. Felt comfortable in the showroom but by the 3rd night at home, could barely get out of bed due to stiffness, etc,  Don't mind breaking open the piggy bank for a good bed. Can't put a price on a good nights sleep.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I've seen ads for Tempurpedic beds that show their anti-snore feature.  They slightly raise the head of the bed automatically.  I haven't researched this so I'm not sure how they detect snoring...sound maybe?  Our SN bed is manual, not automatic.  If my wife hears me snoring she can activate the partner snore setting, either from the included remote or from her phone, and the head of my side of the bed will raise slightly.  

Good to know, thanks. I'd be the one to activating the snore-setting. 🙂

I don't remember when I last gave an update on furniture for our new house.  It has slowly been trickling in.  We now have 2 loveseats in addition to the 2 recliners that we had previously, an area rug, and the "beverage center" that was previously damaged in shipment and needed to be reordered.  

greatroom.thumb.jpg.7df2064975687bea452fda130fc181d4.jpg

We've also received one of the guest beds.  Still waiting on great room coffee and side tables, kitchen table chairs and a dining room set.  My wife has decided what she wants for our master bed (frame and headboard) and the other guest bed and we'll be ordering them soon.  I expect another 12-16 weeks for those to arrive.  Lots of knick-knacks still needed to fill in various shelves and nooks.  I'm trying to learn patience in retirement but it's hard after years of go-go-go at work.

• Like 12

10 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

We now have 2 loveseats in addition to the 2 recliners that we had previously

I don't remember the 2 loveseats, which are lovely, only the 2 recliners, which I've loved their color 😉

The whole space seems to me very airy and full of light. Like the open space too. Enjoy, ... and patience.

I think it's a lot of fun to furnish a new house and making it your own..... maybe except the long-long wait for the items to arrive...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Been a busy day here.

Up at 5;30am.  DH made a car appointment for me at 7am.  and had to have my morning coffee, feed the cat, and get ready.

Car appointment went well, oil change tire rotation.

Off to grocery store bought a $5 lottery ticket, won $30.

Dropped off taxes at accountants office.

Then on my way home minding my own business, driving down our street a squirrel ran out I slammed on my brakes  ((((((((SCREACHHHHHH)))))))))))))))   THUD. Saw the furry tail blowing in the wind, no movement.

Now I feel terrible.

We have bird and squirrel feeders and much to my husbands dismay. Feel for the little guy.  Wonder if was one of our feeder patrons???

So decided to stay home and clean out a closet.

Stay healthy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

I don't remember when I last gave an update on furniture for our new house.  It has slowly been trickling in.  We now have 2 loveseats in addition to the 2 recliners that we had previously, an area rug, and the "beverage center" that was previously damaged in shipment and needed to be reordered.  

Your home is beautiful.  I especially love the transom windows and the placement of the drapes beneath them.  The TV location leaves a little to be desired, though.  😁😇

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

I don't remember the 2 loveseats, which are lovely, only the 2 recliners, which I've loved their color 😉

The whole space seems to me very airy and full of light. Like the open space too. Enjoy, ... and patience.

I think it's a lot of fun to furnish a new house and making it your own..... maybe except the long-long wait for the items to arrive...

We have been in our house for over 38 years.

37°F this morning and misty.

It has cleared and is now 40°F and cloudy.

Pauline has her office downstairs on Monday and Tuesday so I stop upstairs to ring customers and watch TV.

Hope everyone has a nice day.

Graham.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1