Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

WooHoo!   We received our email from county dept of Health with invite to book.  Eric and I are booked for covid vaccine tomorrow at 3 pm.  

As of last week this location had pfizer vaccine.  I'm hoping their delivery this week is pfizer or moderna, dont think I want the J&J that is only 65% effective, but will take what we get.

It likely will not be the J&J.  I read that our Gov. is going to use all of that for the teachers he is moving up the list.

1 hour ago, Sheal said:

I need an it lesson now.  I was able to upload pics no problem but had inadvertently quoted island lady.  Can’t figure out how to remove a quote.  I tried closing app and reopening but it was still there.

apple here

It's OK....I thought they were cute pictures anyway.  😉  At the top of your post, upper right hand corner near the post count are threes little dots.  Click on that, then scroll down to "edit".  You can edit pictures by clicking on them and removing them...but can't eliminate the post.  You can do this, (as long as it is within 20 minutes) to simple back space the quote and just write "duplicate" or "error" or "oops" 😉 

Got my second Moderna yesterday.   I'm really tough and never get sick.  I have a lot of farm things I do every day including feeding animals.   I woke up this morning freezing.  Decided to take temp and it was a tad over 100.  Got the animals fed and now am in front of the space heater.   At least the sun is out and tomorrow it will be 70 degrees.

Mississippi governor did indeed do awake with the mask mandate but cities and private businesses can still impose their own rules.   I'll probably continue to wear a mask.

• Like 3

Tomorrow, after being closed by different lockdowns for 5 and a half months, our heated Olympic pool will open again, only to those who had C already and those vaccinated + one week after.

I can't wait to get back to my routine...

Swimsuit -- check

Swim cap -- check

Goggles -- check

Nose clip -- check

😁😎😁😎

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Southern Oregon (south of Eugene) and Northern California (north of Redding) are just beautiful.

I just dropped myself in Google Maps on I-5 at a random location north of Redding.  Beautiful trees and mountains.  A MUCH better drive than I-71 in Ohio. 😁

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Tomorrow, after being closed by different lockdowns for 5 and a half months, our heated Olympic pool will open again, only to those who had C already and those vaccinated + one week after.

Swimsuit -- check

Swim cap -- check

Goggles -- check

Nose clip -- check

😁😎😁😎

Great news Dani.  Israel seems to be doing a fantastic job managing Covid.

• Like 1

Thank you for the IT tip.  I'll give it another try later.

Fantastic news Dani.  Our pools are open here (at least at the Y) but lord knows I would not fit in my swimsuit this week.  The last month just has not been good.  I was thinking how I have fallen off the wagon with my eating lately.  I need spring to help get me back into my routine.  The never ending yard work does help, not mentally but physically.  Maybe if I could manage to plant some low maintenance greenery it might be satisfying.  I think that is part of the appeal to me of a condo. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Great news Dani.  Israel seems to be doing a fantastic job managing Covid.

I'm very sad to say that yes, the roll out of vaccines was great, but, on the other hand, people are not following the rules... mainly the young ones say: "now, that the 'oldies' majority has been vaccinated", no need for us to go ahead [mind you, every one from 16 years can be vaccinated now].

The end result is: our grandkids, just went back to their kindergartens 3 weeks ago, and since then, they had to quarantine twice, since young parents [which refuse to be vaccinated] are infecting their small kids. In order to go back to the kindergarten, the kids have to be tested... The tests turn out positive, even if the kids are asymptomatic...

Round and round we go...

My son and DIL were vaccinated long time ago, but they can't leave the kids alone at home, so they take turns going to work.

So yes, the numbers of sick "oldies" is significantly down, but the number of young is climbing.

It really doesn't help that we're "due" to our 4th elections in less than 2 years....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sheal said:

I need an it lesson now.  I was able to upload pics no problem but had inadvertently quoted island lady.  Can’t figure out how to remove a quote.  I tried closing app and reopening but it was still there.

apple here

I have to say it looks like the bigger dog is in the smaller dogs bed. Both are cute though. 

5 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I have to say it looks like the bigger dog is in the smaller dogs bed. Both are cute though. 

That is my husband's quirky lab with the plate under her tail.  Guaranteed she was cleaning his plate for him before she tried squeezing her big butt into his small bed.  She is good for some laughs.

My guy is the little one.  He is such a sweet heart.  You would probably never guess he is mostly Chihuahua with some Shih Tzu.  I tried contacting a sitter last year and when they asked what breed their response was "we don't take Chihuahuas".  Guess I should have said he was a mutt, everyone loves a mutts.  If I hadn't done a doggy dna test it would have been the truth. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Tell her to stop by my house.  No shortage of birds here. I find plenty of feathers from some unsuspecting victim every now and then.  I've seen a feral cat out there but then again I have seen the hawks swoop out of the sky too.  Only seen a ground hog and chipmunk get taken though.

Pretty traumatic, kind of like Lionness' experience the other day.

Is there a video?  I see a bar but nothing above it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, island lady said:

Was finally able to add the Fall WB 2022 TA on Allure this morning...to my previous two "loopy-loops" weeks around the Med prior to it.  Four weeks on Allure...no changing cabins.  Ahhhh.....  🤗

Now.....to get back to cruising...hopefully someday soon.  😉 

That sounds like heaven right now.   

• Like 1

6 hours ago, h20skibum said:

It likely will not be the J&J.  I read that our Gov. is going to use all of that for the teachers he is moving up the list.

I just saw that on our local evening news.   They keep changing their mind on who get the J&J.   First I heard it would be for more rural areas.   then I heard for disabled or elderly that would have trouble getting for a 2nd dose as well as the homeless.   

I don't think J&J is making any deliveries till later this month so we probably will get the pfizer or moderna vaccine.     

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Swimsuit -- check

Swim cap -- check

Goggles -- check

Nose clip -- check

😁😎😁😎

Enjoy!    I am sure it will feel great to do some laps in the pool again. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sheal said:

Thank you for the IT tip.  I'll give it another try later.

Fantastic news Dani.  Our pools are open here (at least at the Y) but lord knows I would not fit in my swimsuit this week.  The last month just has not been good.  I was thinking how I have fallen off the wagon with my eating lately.  I need spring to help get me back into my routine.  The never ending yard work does help, not mentally but physically.  Maybe if I could manage to plant some low maintenance greenery it might be satisfying.  I think that is part of the appeal to me of a condo. 

I love doing yard work, even pulling weeds and getting my hands dirty.   I cannot wait for Spring and to be able to get outside and pretty up my yard.     I find it to be good for the soul.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

I'm very sad to say that yes, the roll out of vaccines was great, but, on the other hand, people are not following the rules... mainly the young ones say: "now, that the 'oldies' majority has been vaccinated", no need for us to go ahead [mind you, every one from 16 years can be vaccinated now].

The end result is: our grandkids, just went back to their kindergartens 3 weeks ago, and since then, they had to quarantine twice, since young parents [which refuse to be vaccinated] are infecting their small kids. In order to go back to the kindergarten, the kids have to be tested... The tests turn out positive, even if the kids are asymptomatic...

Round and round we go...

My son and DIL were vaccinated long time ago, but they can't leave the kids alone at home, so they take turns going to work.

So yes, the numbers of sick "oldies" is significantly down, but the number of young is climbing.

It really doesn't help that we're "due" to our 4th elections in less than 2 years....

I expect we will have the same problem in the US when it comes time for our 16 to 40ish to get vaccinated.    Maybe they will realize they cannot visit their parents or grandparents without being vaccinated.    Not sure what it will take to change their minds.   

One of our two sons (both in their 20's) has already said there is no way he will get the vaccine.     I told him then he cannot join us for family vacation at the shore house this summer as he cannot be near his Father unless he is vaccinated.   Unfortunately, that didn't work.   He said "I don't care I will just go to the shore with my friends."    He is the oldest of the two and has always been the stubborn one. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sheal said:

Is there a video?  I see a bar but nothing above it.

If you press the play button on the post above it should work. 

Or just click the link below. 

Edited by A&L_Ont

12 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

One of our two sons (both in their 20's) has already said there is no way he will get the vaccine. 

I hear it all the time from my friends... My BFF's DH is a NH lymphoma and carcinoid survivor. One of their boys (44) declared that "he is not allowing an unknown substance in his body"...

My BFF pointed out that he smokes cigarettes [and she murmured 'among other things']. Point [and vaccine] taken 😁

We were very lucky indeed that both our boys and our DIL rushed to get vaccinated the moment it became available in their age range. Our eldest, who will be 40 in 10 days time, tried his luck when it was available starting from 40 (5 weeks ago). He was declined....

• Like 5