Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

7 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Our critter guy just left.  We had him come out to evaluate what's needed for the dead animal stench in our office.  Bad news all around.  The dead animal is likely in the wall.  He climbed around the attic and didn't see any creatures but he didn't expect to.  If the animal had been on top of the insulation, we likely wouldn't have smelled it.  Only choices are to tear down drywall or wait for the odor to dissipate.  We're going with the later option and a lot of Febreze.

The critter guy also showed me several places where there are attic openings to the outside at what he called soffit returns...where soffits meet other parts of the roof.  He said one opening was large enough for a possum to get in (tying things back to our earlier discussion).  There are droppings in several places, animal tracks on ductwork, trampled down insulation, and even tunnels through insulation.  Sounds like we have a veritable rodent zoo.

So...a 2 step fix that won't be cheap.  First step is to completely seal all openings and put traps in the attic.  Once they are sure that there are no animals left in the attic, they move to step 2 which is a disinfectant/deodorant for the existing insulation followed by an additional 6 inches of new insulation blown in.  We had many places where we didn't have enough insulation so at least some of the cost will be offset by lower AC and heating bills.  And they offer a one year guarantee.  If we hear any noises in the attic, they investigate and remediate free of charge.  Some peace of mind there.  Still...ouch.

Ouch!    Darn critters

4 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

I am sure you still need to sign your name on things

Printed names are fine fir signatures.  That’s how my daughter signed her drivers licence, passport and bank paperwork when she opened a new a blunt last year for school..

my wife (teacher) says she can now send kids to the office with a note for the office and not even have to put in in an envelope for privacy anymore. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, island lady said:

Moved into our bathroom as full capacity....long...long time coming.  So many delays with ordering everything.  Will be the fiirst night that I don't have to pop back and forth to the guest bathroom!  😄  

Mirrors are frame lit, and programable.  New wood look tile was added due to not being able to save the old tile.  I am glad we were couldn't.  😉  Shower was done many weeks ago, but wanted to add it in.  We did ADA features (for future needs when it comes to that).  Has fold down wall mounted seat at other end, "floating glass" doors and lots of grab handles.  

20210302_133057.jpg

20200902_154041.jpg

Beautiful selection of materials and great job done by All!    

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Find a store that has the optic match and a great person running it They just scan the Color and it will give them a formula.  That gets them 95% there.  The last 5% is done by a good eye and several small tints.  Love the guys at my Benjamin Moore store, they can match anything. Saves a ton of painting.

I’ve even resorted to cutting out a 3x3 square of drywall close to the area that’s going to be painted anyway to get them a sample to match.

the other option if it’s a small wall is just to repaint the wall corner to corner, you won’t  notice a slight mismatch in tints where the wall turns a corner. 

Yes, you are right Benjamin Moore store can match anything.    I had took a small piece of leftover siding from when my house was done to get paint to match up for the new wood shed.     Was perfect match.    Same for the shutters and trim work.      I will definitely go back to that store for any thing I needed matched up.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I had a match teacher in high school that would stand with his shoulder against the black board and swing his arm in a circle to draw a nearly perfect chalk circle on the board.  Really cool thing to watch if you were a math nerd like me.  Do blackboards and chalk still exist?

Being the physician for a school district I can tell you that blackboards and chalk are out. That chalk dust is a big no no in school. It is now white boards and grease markers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Love the bathroom and living room photos. Also the green space photo to become a new home pic. 

We used to buy our wall mounts from Costco. Cheap, quick and home delivery. Not sure if they still sell them but a possible option. 

Just now, singinalot said:

I saw that! doesn’t look like my kind of drone.

tested the mini 2 out tonight when I got home. it handled so much better in the wind than the mini 1!

E695221E-36CB-4C72-AB94-1979E310B2C7.jpeg

8EF14D24-CEE5-471C-8B15-DB8D3E12CDFA.jpeg

DDE21732-21BF-4040-B18D-0331141BD5FC.jpeg

B45DBB6B-C1B6-4128-A3C2-AC78F1F7F883.jpeg

Great pictures, snow still? But very sharp clear pictures with your drone.

I was talking to my real estate agent who has one but that they are harder than they look. He doesnt strike me as super tech though. He said he would hire a drone if he needed one lol.

1 minute ago, singinalot said:

our house is the only house on the street that doesn’t get the sun...it’s a beast when it snows. 😞

He went into insurance and basic drone insurance is $75 but liability he says is really high there, in case you touch a wire or something., hence his decision to hire a drone guy to do listings. Lol.

Yea I'm glad no more snow here and those pictures are really really good.

This picture was taken awhile back. But now it’s all I can think of is seeing the squirrel looking in my kitchen window asking for food. 
Just wish they would look both ways before they cro ss the street. 

😔

BD46F084-7CB8-469F-8302-1BDEA56A0D0F.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

You guys are really packed in like sardines. No wonder you want to move!

Say what? :classic_biggrin: You have never been to California or Colorado or Nevada or... have you? That is what suburban housing in most other western states looks like. And it is no where near as densely packed as some other places. :classic_tongue::classic_biggrin::classic_smile:

Edited by Coralc

4 hours ago, Lionesss said:

This picture was taken awhile back. But now it’s all I can think of is seeing the squirrel looking in my kitchen window asking for food. 
Just wish they would look both ways before they cro ss the street. 

😔

It Happens. Don't feel bad. :classic_smile: They are really stupid about crossing the road. That is why there is a such an overabundance of squirrels and rabbits and other rodents as prey animals. Because most of them don't make it, but others will be along to take their place. At least you cared, which is a nice thing to do. :classic_smile::classic_smile:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Anyone feel like telling me how you post a picture to C.C. that is in your phone?

Two ways:

1. Email it to yourself so that it's on your computer and post from the computer

2. Browse to cruisecritic.com on your phone and find your way to the right thread.  When you're creating the post, click on the Add Files button.  You should be able to select from your photo library.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bobmacliberty said:

Two ways:

1. Email it to yourself so that it's on your computer and post from the computer

2. Browse to cruisecritic.com on your phone and find your way to the right thread.  When you're creating the post, click on the Add Files button.  You should be able to select from your photo library.

I should add that once the picture loads into your posting, you'll still need to click on the little plus sign in the lower left corner of the picture to actual put it into your text.  Similar to how it works on a desktop computer.  I use an iPhone so your mileage may vary.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Coralc said:

It Happens. Don't feel bad. :classic_smile: They are really stupid about crossing the road. That is why there is a such an overabundance of squirrels and rabbits and other rodents as prey animals. Because most of them don't make it, but others will be along to take their place. At least you cared, which is a nice thing to do. :classic_smile::classic_smile:

And there's definitely some natural selection involved.  Drove by a squirrel the other day who never moved from his place in the road.  I fully expected him to dart right in front of my car.  I must have missed him by no more than 3 feet.  Saw another one in the road later that day who saw me coming from 100 feet and ran.  The second squirrel has good natural instincts but I don't think the first one is long for this world.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

4 hours to go.  I should have pushed on all the way tonight but I got lazy.  I'm getting stiff and sore with longer drives more now.

What was your total drive time?  I always forget how big northern California is.

20 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Anyone feel like telling me how you post a picture to C.C. that is in your phone?

Click on Add Files 

Click on files.

Click on any of the recent pictures.

Or click on Gallery for your full phone gallery of pictures.

Screenshot_20210303_123949_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210303_123935_android.jpg

Screenshot_20210303_124013_com.android.documentsui.jpg

• Thanks 1