Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

11 hours ago, singinalot said:

yeah AND to use the photos he’d have to get a commercial drone pilot license too. This stuff is so regulated 🤦🏼‍♀️

Congrats on the mini 2!  It sounds like the regulations could get worse over time, since commercial drone use is expected to explode in the near future, e.g. Amazon delivering with drones.  I thought hard about getting a Mini before I bought mine since it's small enough to bypass some of the regulations.

I've been thinking about getting my part 107 commercial license.  The test itself is not very expensive and there are several study resources available online.  I'd find it interesting to do and it would certainly help me learn the rules, especially with so much military aircraft near me.  It also might be helpful to have the license should I run into any issues with anyone, including local law enforcement, while flying.  Lots of stories about people challenging drone pilots without really knowing the drone rules.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Coralc said:

Say what? :classic_biggrin: You have never been to California or Colorado or Nevada or... have you? That is what suburban housing in most other western states looks like. And it is no where near as densely packed as some other places. :classic_tongue::classic_biggrin::classic_smile:

Ironic, since that is where all the wide, open spaces are. I guess that's how it stays wide open.

• Like 1

WooHoo!   We received our email from county dept of Health with invite to book.  Eric and I are booked for covid vaccine tomorrow at 3 pm.  

As of last week this location had pfizer vaccine.  I'm hoping their delivery this week is pfizer or moderna, dont think I want the J&J that is only 65% effective, but will take what we get.

• Like 11

28 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

WooHoo!   We received our email from county dept of Health with invite to book.  Eric and I are booked for covid vaccine tomorrow at 3 pm.  

As of last week this location had pfizer vaccine.  I'm hoping their delivery this week is pfizer or moderna, dont think I want the J&J that is only 65% effective, but will take what we get.

Good luck tomorrow and I'm Pleased for you both.

Graham.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good luck tomorrow and I'm Pleased for you both.

Graham.

As I'm early 50s without medical issues I was surprised I am eligible but it classifies me as a caregiver since Eric is a high risk transplant person.  Now I'm nervous about Eric having side effects but excited to get it.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, ownedbypets said:

I love it! Hopefully ours will be done soon. The plumber, painter, drywall installer and electrician need to come back and do some touch up and then the glass for the shower can be installed. 

Thanks...I almost automatically went to the guest bathroom this morning.  😮  Feels like a luxury to use our master bathroom now! 

Sure is a "hurry up and wait" for just about anything that has to be ordered now.  Still waiting for our matching love seat we ordered on Nov. 11th.  They are telling us might be April now.  Sheeezz!!

No problem waiting on our "plumber, painter, drywaller, and electrician" .... I am sleeping with him.  😉 😄   

Had the tile work contracted out (took the idiot "Frick and Frack" team weeks to finish the shower) but other contractor that did the floor had old tile ripped out, and new installed in just two days.  Also contracted out the floating glass shower doors, and the high window we put in for natural light.  

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Beautiful selection of materials and great job done by All!    

Thanks!  The only thing Bucky picked out total both bathrooms...were the mirrors in the main bath (which I was not fond of, but getting used to them).  My job was "helper" and designer.  I picked out paint, tile, colors, cabinets, top... etc.   Bucky was the 90% the installer, plus three contractors for tile, and glass.  We did the guest bath totally on our own.  

Dragging that old double vanity top out with two sinks as one piece...was real back breaker...ughh!!  Don't want to try that on again. 😮 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Anyone feel like telling me how you post a picture to C.C. that is in your phone?

I do it all the time.  Not sure if this is the most simple way...but works for me.  Take the picture, send it to myself as email.  Pull up email, then send hit download.  Pull up download file of that picture, and send to "pictures" file.   On the post look here below here to "choose files"...click on that.  Pull up pictures and hit "open".  Brings it right in.  

I am sure there is an easier way...but I became used to that process and too lazy to search another one out.  😉 

• Like 1

Got my second Pfizer shot yesterday,Texas governor now says masks not necessary and mayors can’t force there cities to wear masks, also restaurants went from 50 percent to 100 percent occupancy, I still will wear a mask in grocery stores , hope too many more people will die from this order. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, George C said:

Got my second Pfizer shot yesterday,Texas governor now says masks not necessary and mayors can’t force there cities to wear masks, also restaurants went from 50 percent to 100 percent occupancy, I still will wear a mask in grocery stores , hope too many more people will die from this order. 

As evident by the disaster with power grid texas politicians have made bad decisions in the past.  Yes, businesses need to get back to normal.  There are ways to do this while still being safe.  Common sense!

Ps I think you forgot the word Not in your last sentence.

Congrats on getting your 2nd shot!

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

As evident by the disaster with power grid texas politicians have made bad decisions in the past.  Yes, businesses need to get back to normal.  There are ways to do this while still being safe.  Common sense!

Ps I think you forgot the word Not in your last sentence.

Congrats on getting your 2nd shot!

Yes I should have added the all important not, thanks

• Like 1

Was finally able to add the Fall WB 2022 TA on Allure this morning...to my previous two "loopy-loops" weeks around the Med prior to it.  Four weeks on Allure...no changing cabins.  Ahhhh.....  🤗

Now.....to get back to cruising...hopefully someday soon.  😉 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Thanks...I almost automatically went to the guest bathroom this morning.  😮  Feels like a luxury to use our master bathroom now! 

Sure is a "hurry up and wait" for just about anything that has to be ordered now.  Still waiting for our matching love seat we ordered on Nov. 11th.  They are telling us might be April now.  Sheeezz!!

No problem waiting on our "plumber, painter, drywaller, and electrician" .... I am sleeping with him.  😉 😄   

Had the tile work contracted out (took the idiot "Frick and Frack" team weeks to finish the shower) but other contractor that did the floor had old tile ripped out, and new installed in just two days.  Also contracted out the floating glass shower doors, and the high window we put in for natural light.  

You're right about the waiting. We ordered new furniture last October and I really had forgotten about it since they told us it would be here in February. I called for an update and now the expected delivery is April.

I guess our bathroom is taking longer than yours because I'm not sleeping with any of the workers, only the one writing the checks!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

You're right about the waiting. We ordered new furniture last October and I really had forgotten about it since they told us it would be here in February. I called for an update and now the expected delivery is April.

I guess our bathroom is taking longer than yours because I'm not sleeping with any of the workers, only the one writing the checks!

LOL...I am sooo glad I was not sipping the coffee I just poured myself.  It would be all over my keyboard!  😮  😄  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

What was your total drive time?  I always forget how big northern California is.

Total distance travelled was 995 miles.  Google says just under 16 hours but I'm towing my big 43 ft 18,000 pound fifth wheel so it's about 19 - 20 hours for me.  I used to do this drive all the time in two days.  There were even days when I did it strait through if I was driving but not towing the trailer. Those days are no more. I enjoy the drive though. Southern Oregon (south of Eugene) and Northern California (north of Redding) are just beautiful.  I think I will retire there when I finally get the chance. Sometimes when we have travelled back and forth between Vancouver and Cali we will stop at Siskiyou lake for a few days.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Really great news, Debbie,

It seems there are even "benefits" being a "caregiver" 😉

Let's hope too for Pfizer or Moderna -- the more efficiency, the better.

• Like 2

I need an it lesson now.  I was able to upload pics no problem but had inadvertently quoted island lady.  Can’t figure out how to remove a quote.  I tried closing app and reopening but it was still there.

apple here

Edited by Sheal