Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

42 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I expect we will have the same problem in the US when it comes time for our 16 to 40ish to get vaccinated.    Maybe they will realize they cannot visit their parents or grandparents without being vaccinated.    Not sure what it will take to change their minds.   

One of our two sons (both in their 20's) has already said there is no way he will get the vaccine.     I told him then he cannot join us for family vacation at the shore house this summer as he cannot be near his Father unless he is vaccinated.   Unfortunately, that didn't work.   He said "I don't care I will just go to the shore with my friends."    He is the oldest of the two and has always been the stubborn one. 

I applaud your tough stance. My senior parents got their second Pfizer dose today. I will be getting my shot(s) as soon as they are available to me.  My friends (40 and 50 somethings) are pretty divided on whether or not they will be getting the vaccine.  The topic has become off limits as it has led to some heated and sometimes nasty debates.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sheal said:

My guy is the little one.  He is such a sweet heart.  You would probably never guess he is mostly Chihuahua with some Shih Tzu.  I tried contacting a sitter last year and when they asked what breed their response was "we don't take Chihuahuas".  Guess I should have said he was a mutt, everyone loves a mutts.  If I hadn't done a doggy dna test it would have been the truth. 

He is much cuter than most Chihuahuas ! :classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

If you press the play button on the post above it should work. 

Or just click the link below. 

WOW! That is quite the action thriller! :classic_biggrin::classic_tongue::classic_tongue: Look at that tail go! 

• Like 3

Did paper work this morning and a couple calls. Also booked winter tire swaps and some oil changes for a few weeks from now.

After lunch it was above freezing, sunny and no wind. I lit the last fire that needed to be burned from a couple dead trees removed from the field last year.  Lots of snow makes it safe to burn with the dry corn stubble. It will a low and slow burn over the next few days. It will be be done before the snow is gone. 

203D5F6A-94AE-4663-8399-5F75F101E669.thumb.jpeg.7e9469d8578539b50f0c1fd435f07cab.jpeg

After lunch, but before I went out, I broke down and did what I said I wasn’t going to do until ships set sail. I self justified it by saying the it is March Break and we needed our usual spot. 

0700C649-B236-4939-B37F-E376A50B3E1B.thumb.jpeg.558c8a22590b915e92967d22086e1809.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 5

45 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Interesting -- on my computer I have to download the movie in order to view it.

On my iphone7, I just have to "click".... enjoyed the "tail" 😉

I had a similar experience on Bella's thread with the kitty video, I had to download to view it but even now I only see the bar.  I can click on it and watch the bar move along. LOL

Lucy looks like a lion with her tail flicking back and forth as she is about the pounce (in her dreams) on her prey.

I agree about the shots.  Many people don't want a flu shot.  My daughter had no interest but did say this week that she would consider the J&J.

• Like 2

We need to burn some fallen trees/branches out back.  My husband has been saying for about 15 years he was going to pick away at it.  If I had known how long this project was going to take I would have bought a firepit 10 years ago.  I probably would have the back woods cleaned up by now.😀

We are not allowed to burn but the FF is going to give it a try.  He finally got around to getting a drum last summer.  

739 days?  I guessing you got exactly the cabin you wanted.

6 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Tomorrow, after being closed by different lockdowns for 5 and a half months, our heated Olympic pool will open again, only to those who had C already and those vaccinated + one week after.

I can't wait to get back to my routine...

Swimsuit -- check

Swim cap -- check

Goggles -- check

Nose clip -- check

😁😎😁😎

No towel? Living life to the fullest

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, island lady said:

Was finally able to add the Fall WB 2022 TA on Allure this morning...to my previous two "loopy-loops" weeks around the Med prior to it.  Four weeks on Allure...no changing cabins.  Ahhhh.....  🤗

Now.....to get back to cruising...hopefully someday soon.  😉 

I guess that is the downside to having pets.  No loopy-loops around the med.  We did do a WB almost 15 years ago when I had my first dog.  Although that one wasn't as sweet as the latest version (mean is a better description) he didn't require the attention this one needs due to his health problem. 

4 weeks on a ship sounds incredible!  I'd take a few loopy loops then the beeline straight across.  I'm assuming it ends in Florida? 🤣

42 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Did paper work this morning and a couple calls. Also booked winter tire swaps and some oil changes for a few weeks from now.

After lunch it was above freezing, sunny and no wind. I lit the last fire that needed to be burned from a couple dead trees removed from the field last year.  Lots of snow makes it safe to burn with the dry corn stubble. It will a low and slow burn over the next few days. It will be be done before the snow is gone. 

203D5F6A-94AE-4663-8399-5F75F101E669.thumb.jpeg.7e9469d8578539b50f0c1fd435f07cab.jpeg

After lunch, but before I went out, I broke down and did what I said I wasn’t going to do until ships set sail. I self justified it by saying the it is March Break and we needed our usual spot. 

0700C649-B236-4939-B37F-E376A50B3E1B.thumb.jpeg.558c8a22590b915e92967d22086e1809.jpeg

Only 739 days to go.....I wonder if we will all still be communicating on a daily basis.  I hope so

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Only 739 days to go.....I wonder if we will all still be communicating on a daily basis.  I hope so

Hopefully on the Floataway Lounge page, long before that date. 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Sheal said:

4 weeks on a ship sounds incredible!  I'd take a few loopy loops then the beeline straight across.  I'm assuming it ends in Florida? 🤣

The Allure TA ends in Galveston, TX. :classic_smile:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

You held out longer than I did. I wasn’t going to book anything until sailings happen but now have 4 booked. Once you book your first...

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

DH and I are due for our 2nd Moderna shot tomorrow. Can't wait.  Our TX Gov. did away with mask mandate yesterday as well as announcing every place can now be open, 100%, no restrictions, This does not make me happy. I fear covid #s will keep climbing. Asymptomatic people without knowing they carry the virus will be maskless.  Even though I will be protected, I worry how this will impact the general population. I hope schools will still require masks.

Graham, in this uncertain gloomy time in our lives, your pictures sure brighten the day.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

DH and I are due for our 2nd Moderna shot tomorrow. Can't wait.  Our TX Gov. did away with mask mandate yesterday as well as announcing every place can now be open, 100%, no restrictions, This does not make me happy. I fear covid #s will keep climbing. Asymptomatic people without knowing they carry the virus will be maskless.  Even though I will be protected, I worry how this will impact the general population. I hope schools will still require masks.

Graham, in this uncertain gloomy time in our lives, your pictures sure brighten the day.

My guess is that many people (until vaccinated) and businesses will continue with masks. My understanding is that businesses can still require masks. One concern for us in Texas is that, according to border news, quite a few llegals are coming in and testing posititive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

Do you read the newspaper? The dallas paper said yesterday dallas schools would keep the mask requirements in place. Local news was full of which stores would require it or not enforce it. Just follow the news and it's obvious little will change. Restaurants arent big carriers, some might open, I have hopes of my favorite mexican restaurant reopening. You say you fear covid #s will keep climbing, except they are decreasing. ..I do get the online copy of dallas news. I can go back and find it, that dallas schools will keep requiring masks. No change.

• Like 2

On 3/2/2021 at 10:26 AM, bobmacliberty said:

When my now 25 year old daughter was in first grade, her handwriting was atrocious (still is). We asked her teacher about it during a parent teacher conference.  She told us not to worry as they don't really focus on handwriting anymore and everyone would be using keyboards.  That was sometime around 2002!

When I taught 8th Grade Language Arts and History (2010-2015), and as an elementary school librarian, I pointed out to my students that they would need to be able to sign their name on their Learner's Permit -- I had quite a few coming in at lunchtime and after school for "cursive lessons!"

• Like 2

9 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Hopefully on the Floataway Lounge page, long before that date. 

I have posted on a nice friendly floataway lounge page for over 2 years but it takes a while to get on if I miss a day or two.

On here i am straight on to the thread.

Edited by grapau27

7 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Thank you for your kind words.

Good luck with your second Moderna vaccine jab tomorrow and hopefully no side effects.

I had my first Pfizer Vaccine jab 8 days ago but i have to wait 11-12 weeks for my second jab.

Hopefully Pauline gets a call in the next few weeks for her first vaccine jab.

Graham.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

You held out longer than I did. I wasn’t going to book anything until sailings happen but now have 4 booked. Once you book your first...

LOL, once you get a place in FL monthly cruises are mandatory.  Doesn’t it say that on the welcome to Florida sign?

I just booked the one. I figure our October will be “canned”, as I will not making final in July. I have hope for March next year but depending on travel restrictions that might be a wait and see. With out fall self cancellation we will have about 3K in FCC and more if March doesn’t happen. Enough to drop on 2023.

As for other holidays, if they are cruises it would be a last minute booking.  In fact the same for an AI.  It all depends on our vaccination, travel restrictions and any quarantine on the return home. It’s all a wait and see. 

• Like 2