Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Good luck, C&N 🤩

Where to u plan to live until you'll find another property?

I don't know the custom in US, but here you can sell a house and leave it after one year, even one year and a half. Of course you don't get all the money at the beginning.

Here is the US a standard home purchase contract closing is 30-days 

in example, If I went to contract with a buyer on my home today and agree to a 30-day closing then I have 30-days to clean out and vacate my home and the new owner would take possession and it would all be recorded at the county courthouse (register of deeds office).

there are some more steps that happen in those 30-days but that is the basic process. 

We got back home about 1/2 hr ago.     Got our first shot of Pfizer and are scheduled to return on March 25th for our 2nd shot.     Whole process was easy peasy.    

The nurse told us to do arm exercises and move it around as much as possible tonight and take some tylenol before going to bed to help ease any pain.     She gave me a bunch of stickers too!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We got back home about 1/2 hr ago.     Got our first shot of Pfizer and are scheduled to return on March 25th for our 2nd shot.     Whole process was easy peasy.    

The nurse told us to do arm exercises and move it around as much as possible tonight and take some tylenol before going to bed to help ease any pain.     She gave me a bunch of stickers too!

I was just "calculating" the local time, if you're "after".... Glad it went smoothly and you "scored" Pfizer.

Tylenol (and not Advil) it is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

The water was very cold, even though the management promised that they'll start heating it the moment they were given the "green light"....

Still, I didn't gave up, and I was pleased to see that I could get in the number of laps that I've used to do almost half a year ago...

Out of 8 lanes, 2 are kept for "slow" swimmers and 2 for quick ones.

image.png

In my club last year, when we were between lockdowns in the summer, the procedure was to come 'beach ready' and strip off  poolside. You had to prebook with maximum of 8 allowed for each session. Eventually they did open the changing rooms but showers, steam room and sauna were all closed off. Hoping the pool will reopen in April at stage two of our roadmap back to normality 👍

• Like 2

4 hours ago, singinalot said:

Our house is officially on the market. Saturday I’m going to take Sam, drive up to Denver and pick up my mom, and we’ll head to Breckinridge for the day so that people can tour it. 

Stay tuned for those photos. The weather is supposed to be beautiful. 

Congratulations and good luck. 

40 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I can feel the drama building up with the crew.       I feel bad for the 6'9" guy that cannot sleep in his bed.   

What a beautiful sail boat/yacht and gorgeous scenery in Croatia.    That is also on my bucket list of cruises to do in Europe.

Dubrovnik in particular and Split are lovely.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

That I understood.

What I was wondering is: suppose a good buyer shows up, but he wants the house immediately.

Meantime, you might [or not] find the house "of your dreams" in Amelia Island, or you can find, but they say: "we'll leave in 6 months time"...

Do u rent a house for 6 months and move .... twice???

Just curious.... that's all.

We moved into a Townhouse while our new home is being built. It was the only available rental in the gated community we are building (that permitted a dog). Our home sold in 10 days. 

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Here is the US a standard home purchase contract closing is 30-days 

😁😁 No such thing as "standard home purchase contract"......

Every contract is "custom made". It can take at least one month of "ping-pong" between the lawyers of both sides.

The whole process of registering the deed can take 15-20 years, so meanwhile all sorts of protections have to be ascertained [so that the seller cannot continue to sell the house again and again].

A "warning" sign has to be registered with the deed, which gives the buyer some sort of protection.

Meanwhile, the seller wants to be sure that the buyer will close the deal and pay all the money, so another sort of protection has to be in place, in case the buyer doesn't pay, the "warning" sign will be removed.

It is very "complicated"......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Keksie said:

There are a lot of ways it works here.  Right now the market is hot with houses selling in a day.  If the buyer is getting a loan it is usually a month between when they sign the contract and when they actually get the property.  That gives the seller that much time to move out.  Then the seller can look for a property in the new area and sign a contract with a contingency clause so that if the sale of their previous home falls through they can back out of the new house.  That is if they need the money from the old house to go buy the new house.  It is all negotiable to an extent.  If it is a cash sale then it is more negotiable.  A lot of people do end up renting a place in between.  It is rare that anyone would sell and have 6 months to move out. When we moved to Florida we bought the house here first with cash and took several months to get the house in Texas ready to sell and all our things moved.  The house in Texas sold in one day with a bidding war between 3 couples.  It still took a month for the winner to take possession because they were getting a loan.

After I retired from my real job in 2005, I played around with selling real estate. I was active for 12 years. I was a member of a Fairly large office, Century 21. Not one time in those 12 years did I see or hear of a contract that was contingent upon closing of another home. Not saying it doesn’t happen, just not very common. It was a thing of the 70’s & 80’s. 

M8

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

😁😁 No such thing as "standard home purchase contract"......

Every contract is "custom made". It can take at least one month of "ping-pong" between the lawyers of both sides.

The whole process of registering the deed can take 15-20 years, so meanwhile all sorts of protections have to be ascertained [so that the seller cannot continue to sell the house again and again].

A "warning" sign has to be registered with the deed, which gives the buyer some sort of protection.

Meanwhile, the seller wants to be sure that the buyer will close the deal and pay all the money, so another sort of protection has to be in place, in case the buyer doesn't pay, the "warning" sign will be removed.

It is very "complicated"......

One thing I never quite understood about homes in Israel.  They call them Apartments?  M8 

2 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

After I retired from my real job in 2005, I played around with selling real estate. I was active for 12 years. I was a member of a Fairly large office, Century 21. Not one time in those 12 years did I see or hear of a contract that was contingent upon closing of another home. Not saying it doesn’t happen, just not very common. It was a thing of the 70’s & 80’s. 

M8

My friend had a contract on a house she wanted with a contingency that she sell her house.  This was before the market was hot, she ended up not selling her house and not getting the house she wanted to buy.  We got our current home by being a back up buyer, the original buyer had to sell their house and the person who was buying their house had to sell 2 homes.  It all fell apart and we ended up being the buyer.  I am so happy it worked out that way because I love my house and this area.

• Like 3

Just now, Milwaukee Eight said:

One thing I never quite understood about homes in Israel.  They call them Apartments?  M8 

We are living in a building, 5 floors. 3 apartments on the first 4 floors, 2 on the 5th. Total of 14 apartments. Sharing the "management" of the cleaner and gardener in rotation between the dwellers, every few years.

"Homes" -- are called cottages if they have a common wall with another unit or/and share the same lot, villas if they're alone on the lot.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Keksie said:

My friend had a contract on a house she wanted with a contingency that she sell her house.  This was before the market was hot, she ended up not selling her house and not getting the house she wanted to buy.  We got our current home by being a back up buyer, the original buyer had to sell their house and the person who was buying their house had to sell 2 homes.  It all fell apart and we ended up being the buyer.  I am so happy it worked out that way because I love my house and this area.

Sure. A contingent to sell in that manner is no harm to the seller as they take backup offers. I’m sure there is an out for the seller. Contingent contracts now into today’s market would just be crazy and only put in place by a sorry realtor. M8 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I was a member of a Fairly large office, Century 21

That's funny -- in our building, on the 1st floor, we have the franchisor of Century 21 in our city 😁

It's an old and reputable chain.

He sold my cousin, who lives in Germany and wanted to have a pied-a-terre near me, an apartment in our city, and manages it for her. She pays him the equivalent of one month rent per year (1200$).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

We are living in a building, 5 floors. 3 apartments on the first 4 floors, 2 on the 5th. Total of 14 apartments. Sharing the "management" of the cleaner and gardener in rotation between the dwellers, every few years.

"Homes" -- are called cottages if they have a common wall with another unit or/and share the same lot, villas if they're alone on the lot.

We would call a building with 5 floors condos, if owned. 

A common wall building is likely to be a Townhouse. A Villa is a home. We noticed homes/cottages/apartments/villas didn’t appear to be very big?

M8

3 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

We would call a building with 5 floors condos, if owned. 

A common wall building is likely to be a Townhouse. A Villa is a home. We noticed homes/cottages/apartments/villas didn’t appear to be very big?

M8

Land, especially in the center of Israel, is at a premium. Trying to maximize every piece of land. Building high rise.

People want to live where there is work.

Very rare to find a "home" like John's -- one level only. It is a "luxury".

Just to give you an example -- our building was built in a deal called "combination" -- 2 families owned together a lot. They made a deal with our builder -- 6 apartments for the owners, and 8 for the builder.

Each family got an apartment on the 2-4 floors. Some of them are still rented, some the owners' kids live in.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, singinalot said:

thanks everyone ☺️

it is currently snowing hard here so I’m glad we got pictures when we did.

The plan for us is a little out of the norm. Nate’s daughter turns 17 (today) and will be a senior next year. We are selling our house because the market is so hot and we don’t want to wait only to have the prices go down. We will rent for a year and move next year (via a pod).

We were initially looking at the panhandle area where my grandma lives, but have set ourselves on Tampa area - Odessa. Once this house sells, we will use that profit to purchase the new home and then rent that out to someone until we can get there. Odessa is also a hot market right now and we shouldn’t have issues renting it out. Knock on wood 🤞🙏🏻

Ideally we’d move right now and I would just find another executive assistant job there, but we need another year to wrap up things here, see Nate’s daughter graduate, and hopefully soon, settle Nate’s car accident lawsuit.

I'm less than 5 miles from Odessa and you're right, the market is hot. Homes in my neighborhood are selling within days, at  most.The house next to just sold, for above asking price, before it even hit the market.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Land, especially in the center of Israel, is at a premium. Trying to maximize every piece of land. Building high rise.

People want to live where there is work.

Very rare to find a "home" like John's -- one level only. It is a "luxury".

Just to give you an example -- our building was built in a deal called "combination" -- 2 families owned together a lot. They made a deal with our builder -- 6 apartments for the owners, and 8 for the builder.

Each family got an apartment on the 2-4 floors. Some of them are still rented, some the owners' kids live in.

Here is the home we just sold. We had some issues with the windows, double pain and the internal gas had leaked out. We reduced the price of the sale to cover the window replacement. It wasn’t cheap. It was I think 12 that had to be replaced. 

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/10-Little-Tomoka-Way-Ormond-Beach-FL-32174/67195318_zpid/?utm_campaign=iosappmessage&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=txtshare

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Here is the home we just sold. We had some issues with the windows, double pain and the internal gas had leaked out. We reduced the price of the sale to cover the window replacement. It wasn’t cheap. It was I think 12 that had to be replaced. 

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/10-Little-Tomoka-Way-Ormond-Beach-FL-32174/67195318_zpid/?utm_campaign=iosappmessage&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=txtshare

Your house was beautiful.  Love that pool.

• Thanks 1