Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Just now, Coralc said:

That's interesting! I guess it is not just here. I just renewed my subscription to the *real* newspaper and it is $439 for 24 weeks. :classic_rolleyes: or about $900/year. I wish I could do away with it, but I am so used to getting up and reading the paper newspaper. It is just not the same reading it online and doing the puzzles. :classic_biggrin:

I dont think mine was for a whole year, and 4.99 for special editions, and we can order puzzle books, now they want me to sign up for my free tote bag.

My mom says my dad doesnt have much left he enjoys. He is so deaf he cant really listen to tv news. Lol its given him a new perspective on politics but whatever. It gives him something to wake up and do, read the paper. But I agree its crazy expensive. Ours is both real and online, both editions I ordered. I wasnt reading it much until covid hit tbh.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, singinalot said:

4 showings scheduled for the house tomorrow 😊

also, an update on the Nectar mattress....I have slept like a baby most of the week. Nate has not. He says that since he sinks into the mattress, it's hard for him to rollover. We've also been hot. I read reviews that say the mattress runs hot for people. I'm sure we'll figure out the best blanket ratio, but overall, it's still an improvement from the last mattress.

You have a lovely house I'm not surprised you have a number of viewings.

19 minutes ago, Coralc said:

That's interesting! I guess it is not just here. I just renewed my subscription to the *real* newspaper and it is $439 for 24 weeks. :classic_rolleyes: or about $900/year. I wish I could do away with it, but I am so used to getting up and reading the paper newspaper. It is just not the same reading it online and doing the puzzles. :classic_biggrin:

I just renewed my NY newspaper ,52 weeks for $49.00

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I only drove 2 cars in my life.My first car was 1972 to 1985 and my second 1985 to 2003.

How are you Lenny?

Did the other doctor find what was causing your headaches?

Take care Lenny.

Graham.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

How are you Lenny?

Did the other doctor find what was causing your headaches?

Take care Lenny.

Graham.

Hi Graham.I am going this Tuesday for the blood work.The doctor ordered the tests for every possible thing he could imagine.
The medication that was prescribed is not helping much .Yesterday afternoon I was in a lot of pain.I normally take two pills at 5 PM.I spoke to the doctor this morning and he said to take one at 7 AM and one at 5PM for the next two days and call his office Monday morning.

Thanks again for your concern.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Coralc said:

I recently cancelled my subscription to the *real* local newspaper. It kept getting thinner and thinner while the price went up. I do miss it,  holding and reading the paper but just as importantly, once you get to the last page, you're done. Unlike online which becomes an endless amount of clicks down into the rabbit hole for all of eternity.

Not unlike CC. 😆

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I recently cancelled my subscription to the *real* local newspaper. It kept getting thinner and thinner while the price went up. I do miss it,  holding and reading the paper but just as importantly, once you get to the last page, you're done. Unlike online which becomes an endless amount of clicks down into the rabbit hole for all of eternity.

Not unlike CC. 😆

I still get my local paper delivered on a daily basis.    I personally enjoy the sunday edition and was going to switch to Sunday only but my DH still enjoys taking the newspaper to the bathroom on a daily basis.    Plus I like our newspaper boy and didn't want to cancel on him - he's terrific in bad weather he makes sure to bring it up to our front door or at least the front walkway instead of tossing at end of driveway like others in the past and he will double bag if bad weather to keep it dry.   He's a good kid.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

So, my daughter, who still lives here with her daughter, went to the same place we did for her vaccine.  She was in and out in no time and they scheduled her second appointment right there.  They did not do that for us and she got a sticker!   

image.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I only drove 2 cars in my life.My first car was 1972 to 1985 and my second 1985 to 2003.

Pretty east to get around without a car in NYC , I was in my early 30’s when I got my license and first car , company I worked for moved me to Dallas and paid for everything including drivers Ed 😁😁 have had a few cars since.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

So I know I am not on the approved list of those who are allowed to talk vaccine but I am going there anyway.  Has anyone else had a delayed reaction to the first shot of Moderna?  Guess I am in the "lucky" less than 1% lol

One of my best friends had a very bad reaction to his first moderna  shot , I just got second Pfizer shot and had no negative reaction at all.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

So I know I am not on the approved list of those who are allowed to talk vaccine but I am going there anyway.  Has anyone else had a delayed reaction to the first shot of Moderna?  Guess I am in the "lucky" less than 1% lol

First shot I just had a sore arm, like a flu shot.  Second was a killer.  I will let you know how my daughter does.  She just got hers.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, George C said:

Pretty east to get around without a car in NYC , I was in my early 30’s when I got my license and first car , company I worked for moved me to Dallas and paid for everything including drivers Ed 😁😁 have had a few cars since.

Having a car in NYC is more of a PITA than anything else and it is an expensive one at that.

I always take the train into the city. Driving in is not good for my blood pressure. Whoever designed the  X-Bronx Expressway had to be doing drugs.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

Have a car in NYC is more of a PITA than anything else and it is an expensive one at that.

I always take the train into the city. Driving in is not good for my blood pressure. Whoever designed the  X-Bronx Expressway had to be doing drugs.

Driving into the “city” is a horror.

• Like 2

When I moved to Ct in the early sixties, after I drove through the city coming from Pa, i vowed never to do that again. Instead , i worked my way to the Tappan Zee bridge.   That was too much for this farm boy.

Years later, when we started cruising from Bayonne, we took the bus service chartered by RCI to the port. I knew I made the right choice all those years before.   

Edited by mo&fran
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Hi Graham.I am going this Tuesday for the blood work.The doctor ordered the tests for every possible thing he could imagine.
The medication that was prescribed is not helping much .Yesterday afternoon I was in a lot of pain.I normally take two pills at 5 PM.I spoke to the doctor this morning and he said to take one at 7 AM and one at 5PM for the next two days and call his office Monday morning.

Thanks again for your concern.

Cheers Lenny.

Best of luck on Tuesday.

Graham.