Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I see very very few signs of changes to masking. Only perhaps to food/dining room openings. Though I'm wondering if drive thrus working out so well they keep dining room closed mostly.

Dallas schools, dallas public bldgs, most grocery stores, malls now, all saying masks still required. Announcements that mask mandates still in place. Allowing restaurants to reopen, if they havent gone broke already biggest change.

Actually I think the big headline below is dallas wants a cut from Netflix, lol. 

20210305_075746.jpg

Maybe people don't need the governor to tell them what is needed to stay safe.  

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

That’s a huge pool. Do you have to be a member there or is it open to anyone?

Indeed, it is Olympic size.

No, membership only. I've been since the day they opened it - 1986....

However, you're allowed to buy a card with 10 entries (actually you get 12) for friends/neighbors. I'm asked to usually, during the summer break.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

That was what I thought but then I figured maybe it is just one more thing that I've lately been confused about in this thread.

We have lived next door to Pauline's sister and her OH for 38 years and until Sarah moved out at 20 years old she spent all the time in ours with us as they couldn't be bothered with her.

Pauline got Sarah a civil service job in her office and they have worked together for over 15 years. 

Screenshot_20190513-221141.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 6

So yesterday was my first full day at home... 🙂 Took my SIL and GS skiing yesterday.  After all the winter and snow we have had to contend with this year you'd think I'd have let that wait a bit but I've only got a few days off and it'll be back to work non-stop starting next week and then the week after that I have to head out again and I'll be in SoCal for two months. There are several projects the wife has expectation that I'm going to do in the next week as well.  We'll see how that works out.

IMG_0060.thumb.jpeg.c088b9f85dcb1cd9a29f423eb5a95425.jpeg

So today is furniture day.  DW has been on an online shopping frenzy and ordered several pieces of furniture.  There was, waiting for me, upon our arrival, a new one of those powered theatre seat thingys and a new credenza. I'm quite looking forward to the massage function. 🙂   More is on the way so I have no choice but to get this in the house and make room for rest that will be showing up very shortly.

While driving up to the mountain yesterday I drove through the carnage of the Creek fire from last September.  This is about 45 minutes from my home.  It was tragic to see some homes, that I remember passing so many times, completely gone with nothing but the foundation to mark their former existence.  I didn't take any pictures of those.  It seemed disrespectful to their owners who lost so much.

IMG_0057.thumb.jpeg.15db61cb29e8f4f46d5d4e64fd2b090b.jpeg

Fortunately, the town of Shaver Lake looked unscathed and the lake itself was as beautiful as ever.

IMG_0058.thumb.jpeg.8740b7270896d7a48f7a7a62714ee62d.jpeg

Hopefully this afternoon will yield some poolside lounging.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We have lived next door to Pauline's sister and her OH for 38 years and until Sarah moved out at 20 years old she spent all the time in ours with us as they couldn't be bothered with her.

Pauline got Sarah a civil service job in her office and they have worked together for over 15 years. 

Screenshot_20190513-221141.jpg

Still amazing how much they look alike!  You are a lucky man and so are they having you🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

@Milwaukee Eight

Will your new house include a pool?

Forgot to mention, I've very much liked that the living room and dining room had a different flooring than the rest of the house.😁

This is CAD of proposed pool. It doesn’t show the 2nd story and balcony overlooking the pool. There is a firepit and spa included. The structure to the right is our outdoor kitchen. Our home is going to have 6 garages (3/3) so we ran into some setback and easement issues so pool is 16x36’. 

342AAF13-2805-4966-8645-83857BD55D4C.jpeg

07487E05-2AF3-4F6F-AC35-E3C66864AFAE.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Still amazing how much they look alike!  You are a lucky man and so are they having you🙂

Thanks Marrietta.

Pauline and her older sister look like twins.

Totally different personalities though, Pauline is loved by everyone she meets as she is so lovely.

Graham.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

MI the same as the rest of the country.  Have to be out of the house by day of closing, unless special arrangements are made with the buyers.

That sounds like quite a mess for your Dad.  That rarely happens as usually buyers funds are verified upfront.

When we closed on this house we found out at closing that they still had everything in here. 🤬 They were in their 70’s and he was on his 5th hip replacement. I don’t see how anyone can be on their 5th, but that’s what we were told. We gave then 7 days without charging them anything. Moving truck didn’t come till the afternoon of the last day. At midnight we shut it down. We were living in the 5th wheel in the driveway that week since our stuff was in PA. They were just dragging stuff into the yard so they could put it in the truck later. I think it took them another 3 or so hours to finish. It was crazy.

The furniture was old and she wanted to sell it to us. No way and the prices she was asking for it was nuts. No one in their right mind would have paid that. She had it put in storage until she could do something with it. Her son’s were mad at her and told her to just donate or toss it. 

The appliances in here were older except for a brand new frig. The neighbor told us she kept the old one. She said it was completely covered in stickers from places they had been to and had some rust. I guess she was having a hard time letting go of the memories.

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

So yesterday was my first full day at home... 🙂 Took my SIL and GS skiing yesterday.  After all the winter and snow we have had to contend with this year you'd think I'd have let that wait a bit but I've only got a few days off and it'll be back to work non-stop starting next week and then the week after that I have to head out again and I'll be in SoCal for two months. There are several projects the wife has expectation that I'm going to do in the next week as well.  We'll see how that works out.

So today is furniture day.  DW has been on an online shopping frenzy and ordered several pieces of furniture.  There was, waiting for me, upon our arrival, a new one of those powered theatre seat thingys and a new credenza. I'm quite looking forward to the massage function. 🙂   More is on the way so I have no choice but to get this in the house and make room for rest that will be showing up very shortly.

While driving up to the mountain yesterday I drove through the carnage of the Creek fire from last September.  This is about 45 minutes from my home.  It was tragic to see some homes, that I remember passing so many times, completely gone with nothing but the foundation to mark their former existence.  I didn't take any pictures of those.  It seemed disrespectful to their owners who lost so much.

Fortunately, the town of Shaver Lake looked unscathed and the lake itself was as beautiful as ever.

You definitely need a break and a cruise. Beautiful area and pictures.

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

If I lived 45 minutes from the fire, I would be thanking someone my house was still standing. So glad your house got thru unscathed. Wish you had more time at home. You sound like you work so hard, you do need that massaging chair. Glad you are home. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

I think the same thing every time I see the pictures of them together.

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

This is CAD of proposed pool. It doesn’t show the 2nd story and balcony overlooking the pool. There is a firepit and spa included. The structure to the right is our outdoor kitchen. Our home is going to have 6 garages (3/3) so we ran into some setback and easement issues so pool is 16x36’. 

That’s going to be really nice.

31 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Pauline has just booked her first covid19 vaccine and second covid19 jabs.

She is ecstatic.

So happy for her.

• Thanks 2

At our last house before this one, we purposely put in a smaller pool as well.  Pretty much just use it to get in and get wet anyway.  😉  Had a huge jacuzzi though.  Smaller pools equal less time cleaning, and less chemicals. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

The furniture was old and she wanted to sell it to us.

We got lucky. The buyer wanted to buy our stuff. We sold them everything other than Master stuff (cancel culture calls in Owners Suite now). They also bought our washer/dryer and two of our safes. It was good for us as fewer stuff to move/store. 

M8

• Like 3

Part of me would love a fire pit, they look so great to sit out by, but part of me wants a condo for the views and no maintenance. Your new home will be a show place.

• Thanks 1

We got lucky. The buyer wanted to buy our stuff. We sold them everything other than Master stuff (cancel culture calls in Owners Suite now). They also bought our washer/dryer and two of our safes. It was good for us as fewer stuff to move/store. 

M8

A win win Rory.

Your furniture  was very classy and I'm not surprised the new owners wanted to buy everything.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

It sure helped. We dreaded moving or storing. The boss wants a fresh start in the new house. 

Something for you both to look forward to.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Something for you both to look forward to.

Not me. I leave all that up to Kathy. I don't even step foot in the store. I can say "it doesn't matter to me" at home rather than in the store. Plus my opinion never counts. 😉

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, firefly333 said:

The real newspaper is ridiculously expensive, like over $600, but I used my email when I subscribed and since covid hit, I clicked to receive covid updates. I wouldnt have it except my dad wants the tv sports schedule the real newspaper has. Lol, so that's why I get daily Dallas covid deaths and cases and know the cases are dropping... so my dad can get a paper sports schedule. He loves his basketball. Actually I was glad I had a online subscription to the newspaper and news when covid hit last year.

That's interesting! I guess it is not just here. I just renewed my subscription to the *real* newspaper and it is $439 for 24 weeks. :classic_rolleyes: or about $900/year. I wish I could do away with it, but I am so used to getting up and reading the paper newspaper. It is just not the same reading it online and doing the puzzles. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, davekathy said:

Not me. I leave all that up to Kathy. I don't even step foot in the store. I can say "it doesn't matter to me" at home rather than in the store. Plus my opinion never counts. 😉

Pauline has always picked everything for our house too.

I sort the holidays out.😎

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1