Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

35 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

One other thing as an example. I was the listing agent (sellers) on a large home. It had been vacant for some time. The owners were deceased and the three daughters had the power to sell the property. I gave them my opinion on the price it would sell for. The wanted to ask a $100k more than I suggested. We listed at their price. It sat for 6 months with very few showings. They agreed to drop the price another $50k. It sat for another 6 months. After six months, they agreed to drop the price $10k every 30 days. The weekend it dropped to the price I suggested, they had 4 offers. Three were decent offers and one was a low ball. I presented the 4 offers and discussed the pluses & minus of each offer (cash, Financing, and VA).  They accepted one offer. The person that submitted the low ball offer was PO’d. They felt like we should have countered their offer. Long story short, the agent and their buyer filed a complaint with our board. The complaint was thrown out. They should have offered what they were willing to pay

M8

Anyone who has watched Million Dollar Listing NY or LA should know that.😇

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

That "only" good thing is a very big thing.

I have a condition called Hydrocephalus which was diagnosed via MRI in 2018.It is a very mild case not warranting surgery but I take an MRI very year to see if there are any changes and the Radiologist at the facility does a comparison with past years.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Coralc said:

You know what? I find the drivers in Los Angeles to be politer and better drivers than those in San Francisco. :classic_biggrin: Berkeley is not bad to drive in, although it is like another planet in general. :classic_smile: In LA, the drivers move over when you are merging and they honor turn signals. I drove all day, every day during my work career, so I have some experience in observing the habits of other drivers. :classic_biggrin:

I have been in a lot of California traffic but never as a driver.My wife drove from Simi Valley to SF .We have a lot of relatives in between.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I have a condition called Hydrocephalus which was diagnosed via MRI in 2018.It is a very mild case not warranting surgery but I take an MRI very year to see if there are any changes and the Radiologist at the facility does a comparison with past years.

I remember you mentioning this condition in a past post.

6 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Not a physician, (biologist) but I imagine that might contribute to headaches Len. 

Possibly but the headaches just began after the Covid vaccine.My Neurologist has not suggested that . He prescribed Gabapentin but it has not helped that much 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, lenquixote66 said:

I tend to repeat things at times because I have what is termed as Early Dementia .

No, it was a post some time ago on, I believe, another thread. You are not repeating yourself. Some things posted on these boards just stick in my mind.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

No, it was a post some time ago on, I believe, another thread. You are not repeating yourself. Some things posted on these boards just stick in my mind.

Somebody recently got annoyed with me on another thread because she said I have been repeating things. I know that when I am talking to people by phone I tend to do that although I do not realize it at the time.

52 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Well sometimes it's easier than others to determine value. And zillow who says garages are worth 0, and converted garages about 70k. Seeing zillow say the house was worth less than asking makes it hard to swallow and say, I dont think it's worth this, but its 6 minutes to my folks. 5k and then more over a already above zillow estimate, ..and I took real estate agent courses even in appraisal, but a hot market, and the location. Right now there are no houses for sale near me., none. I was curious if anything I could compare to. Maybe those cold call spammers are getting people to sell idk.

I actually contacted zillow saying having a garage should add some value, they said it's all computerised, they didnt care if their estimate is less than i have into this place. Maybe that's why I get so many calls, people think they can buy it cheap. And I'm sure of the offers they got a bunch were crazy low balling it. I offered above asking, but it gets tricky and might not appraise out for a buyer getting a loan. I've lived here 3 years and still wouldnt take Zillow estimate and it's been raised 3 times. ..sometimes you have to be willing to pay a little more than you think it's worth. Sighs.

I do agree with you, pricing it right is important. They should have listened to you. You knew the market.

Homes rarely appraise for zillow zestimates.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Somebody recently got annoyed with me on another thread because she said I have been repeating things. I know that when I am talking to people by phone I tend to do that although I do not realize it at the time.

Don't take the ignorance of others personally or let it hinder you from participating.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I lived 10mins. from the Tappan Zee bridge. We moved to TX 18 years ago and never traveled on the new bridge.  It was never a good idea to travel on the old bridge when it was windy.

I used to commute across the Tappan  Zee Bridge  for many years, first for college, then when I worked in White Plains and later Stamford,  Ct.  It was literally rusting and falling apart by the end. The new bridge opened up 2-3 years ago and is light years better. Beautifully lit up at night, it has a walking/biking lane with lookouts.  4 wide and smooth lanes in each direction. 

7 hours ago, singinalot said:

4 showings scheduled for the house tomorrow 😊

I wish you the best of luck tomorrow in selling your house.

Years ago when my parents who were quite elderly became very eager to sell their house almost to the point of accepting any offers realistic or not.

They were working with a realtor and she encouraged them to be patient.

The realtor gave them some "hints" to make their house more marketable.

1.  Decorate it in the season of the showing.  They placed it on the market after Christmas and they left their decorations up thru January.

2.  Put some cinnamon sticks in water in the oven in the warming drawer to provide a fresh baked scent through the house.

3.  And if all else fails place a statue of St. Joseph buried upside down by your front door.

Their house sold in 3 weeks and they got an offer that they could not believe, it exceeded their expectations.

Good Luck

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

I used to commute across the Tappan  Zee Bridge  for many years, first for college, then when I worked in White Plains and later Stamford,  Ct.  It was literally rusting and falling apart by the end. The new bridge opened up 2-3 years ago and is light years better. Beautifully lit up at night, it has a walking/biking lane with lookouts.  4 wide and smooth lanes in each direction. 

We lived in Rockland County but hardly crossed the TZ bridge.  I did love how it seemingly curved down a few inches on top of the water.  My parents lived in Manhattan so our bridge of choice was the Geo, Washington  Bridge.

Never had a problem selling 2 houses in NY, 1 in TX.  We did the research and priced them realistically.  Our listing realtor presented an offer on one of the NY houses. The offer was $5,000 less than our asking price. My realtor told us to hold out for a better offer.  Buyers refused to negotiate higher.  My DH and I were happy to accept the offer which was just about double what we paid for it 7 years previously.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

We got lucky. The buyer wanted to buy our stuff. We sold them everything other than Master stuff (cancel culture calls in Owners Suite now). They also bought our washer/dryer and two of our safes. It was good for us as fewer stuff to move/store. 

M8

10 hours ago, davekathy said:

When it comes to new new vehicles, that's all on me. 👍

Not for me. He drives what he wants and I drive what I want. This year it was a little different. I had no clue what I wanted, but it was time for a new vehicle. I asked if he had any preferences and he said he would like it to tow at least 6,000 pds. That helped eliminate a lot. He gave me a list and we went to look. It was a toss up between the Sequoia and the Denali. I went with the Denali since it is an American company. At least somewhat. I couldn’t decide so it was either that or flip a coin. 😁

9 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Hi Graham.I am going this Tuesday for the blood work.The doctor ordered the tests for every possible thing he could imagine.
The medication that was prescribed is not helping much .Yesterday afternoon I was in a lot of pain.I normally take two pills at 5 PM.I spoke to the doctor this morning and he said to take one at 7 AM and one at 5PM for the next two days and call his office Monday morning.

Thanks again for your concern.

Lenny, tell your doctors we are counting on them to figure it out. Hope it happens soon.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Try to ignore them. If she’s annoyed then that’s her problem.

3 hours ago, dbancroft said:

Our new addition to the family.

muffin.jpg

What a cutie. Will he/she be a big dog or medium size?

3 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Finally relaxing. 

FE7397E3-3944-4087-8A2B-6461F2BF0682.jpeg

Finally, a well deserved break. Have to ask, but why is the lounger on the platform thing?

@Milwaukee Eight I just realized I quoted you, but forgot to type what I was going to say. Anyway it was just that I’m glad it worked out since that would be a lot more work moving and storing it.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I have not heard about this rash.     Hope it goes away soon. 

I got the pfizer shot yesterday, we both did good other than horrible nights sleep for both of us. 

Hope you are both feeling better today.

Graham.