Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

49 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I didn't want a pool, DW did.  I'm glad she won the argument. I don't swim much but have grown to enjoy lounging beside it.  In the summer when its 100+ degrees Fahrenheit it is nice though.

I would not have a house in Dallas without a pool we can use it about 6 months a year without using a heater. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

I've heard fresh baked chocolate chip cookies.

That's what our realtor did when she hosted an open house.  Baked the cookies to get the smell into the house, then put them out on a platter for the visiting guests.  😉 

But I did  work with a guy from NJ, who came to work one day and said his car was in the shop. I asked what the problem was. He said the horn was broken, and he cannot drive without it.

True story.

Edited by mo&fran
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

14 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Dani, your loveseat, rug, artwork are gorgeous and very welcoming.

Thanks, Bonnie.

The artwork is all my DH.

He is "multi talented"... paints, sculpts, wood work -- you name it.

We are absolutely worthless for Park West...

I wake up in the morning, and, hop -- a new artwork. We are in dire need of more walls 😉

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, George C said:

I would not have a house in Dallas without a pool we can use it about 6 months a year without using a heater. 

Our pool doesn't have a heater.  We can use it now because we are used to the cooler weather at the moment.  72 seems genuinely hot to me.  However, under normal circumstances it'll be used from April into early October. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Our pool doesn't have a heater.  We can use it now because we are used to the cooler weather at the moment.  72 seems genuinely hot to me.  However, under normal circumstances it'll be used from April into early October. 

The rage around here for condo pools is to install a heat pump, heat in the winter, cool in the summer.

12 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Not for me. He drives what he wants and I drive what I want. This year it was a little different. I had no clue what I wanted, but it was time for a new vehicle. I asked if he had any preferences and he said he would like it to tow at least 6,000 pds. That helped eliminate a lot. He gave me a list and we went to look. It was a toss up between the Sequoia and the Denali. I went with the Denali since it is an American company. At least somewhat. I couldn’t decide so it was either that or flip a coin. 😁

Lenny, tell your doctors we are counting on them to figure it out. Hope it happens soon.

Thanks,ReneeFLL😀

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks, Bonnie.

We are absolutely worthless for Park West...

I wake up in the morning, and, hop -- a new artwork. We are in dire need of more walls 😉

Yes, very multi talented. And if I remember doesn't he cook too? 

Edited by BonTexasNY

12 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

We lived in Rockland County but hardly crossed the TZ bridge.  I did love how it seemingly curved down a few inches on top of the water.  My parents lived in Manhattan so our bridge of choice was the Geo, Washington  Bridge.

Never had a problem selling 2 houses in NY, 1 in TX.  We did the research and priced them realistically.  Our listing realtor presented an offer on one of the NY houses. The offer was $5,000 less than our asking price. My realtor told us to hold out for a better offer.  Buyers refused to negotiate higher.  My DH and I were happy to accept the offer which was just about double what we paid for it 7 years previously.

We bought our house in Brooklyn in 1982 for $70,000.It was a huge house.

We sold it 20 years later for $285,000.Today it is on the market for $600,000.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I would not worry at all. There are many numerous posters, on other CC threads, posting the same things repeatedly ad nauseam.  Day in day out for months.

Whoever complained about you can go fly a kite. 

Thank you.I seem to be repeating these words a lot.😀

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

The rage around here for condo pools is to install a heat pump, heat in the winter, cool in the summer.

Would love that , pool water gets a little too warm when it’s over 105 outside. Pool water temperature can get over 90 which is not refreshing.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

The condo pool where I'm trying to buy sys solar powered heat swimming pool. Sounds like  good idea.

We had solar panels on our roof for our pool at our previous house.  Made a huge difference.  Except for the cost and maintenance of the panels...heating was free.  🙂 Extended our enjoyable pool time by months each year.    

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, grapau27 said:

32°F cold,dry and sunny this morning.

We are going to go to our local garden centre this morning to buy some plants.

Currently watching Judge Judy on TV.

We watched Below Deck Mediterranean last night on TV.

Judge Judy and I grew up in Brooklyn ,NY at relatively the same time.We never knew each other .

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

The condo pool where I'm trying to buy sys solar powered heat swimming pool. Sounds like  good idea.

That does sound like a good idea. We’ve talked about getting solar for the house but haven’t done it yet. I think it’s time. The PG&E bills in the summer brutal. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Lovely pictures.

Paulines cousin loves Kangaroo Island in Australia.

On the bucket list for us 😁

6 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Finally got the wall above our fireplace fixed/painted and the TV mounted. We still can’t figure out what to do with the large shelf/cubby areas on either side of the fireplace. My wife is playing with various pieces of art, vases, etc. We considered removing them completely to gain about 2 additional feet of width in the room. 

Books and plants in the cubby holes? I think they are wonderful 

5 hours ago, island lady said:

Beautiful!!  Suggest you don't try to eat those magic mushrooms though. 😉 

haha noted 😁

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

very talented!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1