Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 hours ago, island lady said:

Didn't they travel the old west in the 1880s selling the "magic elixir"?  😉 

Or you could just buy Coca Cola at the time.  It must have been pretty magical what with cocaine as an ingredient.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, George C said:

Would love that , pool water gets a little too warm when it’s over 105 outside. Pool water temperature can get over 90 which is not refreshing.

Our pool in Cincinnati would often get over 90 degrees...gray gunite that retained heat well. I never thought it was too hot. 

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

The condo pool where I'm trying to buy sys solar powered heat swimming pool. Sounds like  good idea.

2 hours ago, island lady said:

We had solar panels on our roof for our pool at our previous house.  Made a huge difference.  Except for the cost and maintenance of the panels...heating was free.  🙂 Extended our enjoyable pool time by months each year.    

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

That does sound like a good idea. We’ve talked about getting solar for the house but haven’t done it yet. I think it’s time. The PG&E bills in the summer brutal. 

1 hour ago, mo&fran said:

Our last house here in Fl  had a solar water heater. Ran the dishwasher at noon since the hot water was free. Often thought about getting one for the pool.

Our building has solar water heaters panels on the roof. Very efficient and economic.

Sometimes, 1 hour of sunshine is enough.

This "winter" I think I've used the electric water heater twice....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

It really makes a statement and sticks in your mind, which I'm sure was his purpose.

I think that finding the exact point of the spoon's balance, as well as the ax's on the egg are spectacular.

I sometimes find it fascinating to see how his mind works....😁

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

I think that finding the exact point of the spoon's balance, as well as the ax's on the egg are spectacular.

Tbh it's the dirty nails with the balanced clean spoon that a hour later I remember. The nails look real.

I'm still deciding about the egg color. At least they make you think about them.

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

I live on Long Island.What do you think about Theresa ?

She seems very friendly,sociable and a great medium.

It's a shame she and Larry separated.

What do you think about her?

Edited by grapau27

Dani,

Guess I missed the video the first time around.  It certainly is an interesting piece.

I would have no problem with a 90 degree pool either.  Maybe if/when it is 90 out but we don't get that much ext-ream heat.  It would definitely add to the 90 day pool season here.

Edited by Sheal
bad proofreading

My philosophy, I’d rather heat the pool than the house. We only have 6 months to use it, so when the pool is open I should be able to walk in without hesitation.  Especially when it it hits the swimsuit. That translates to at least 85 in the real world. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

My philosophy, I’d rather heat the pool than the house. We only have 6 months to use it, so when the pool is open I should be able to walk in without hesitation.  Especially when it it hits the swimsuit.

Exactly where going into the ocean here get my attention.

• Haha 1

Yum!  I love the crispy skin but it has been years since I baked any chicken.  Only grill these days and it is usually boneless. 

I did some yard work just before the sun set late this afternoon.  All cleanup related to the huge river birch in the corner of the yard.  I love the ree but it is so fragile, every wind storm sends a bushel of twigs/branches down onto the ground.  It was chilly but fine in the sun except for a few times when the wind blew. But once the sun when down I had to hurry up, my fingers were freezing.

Just ordered a new pair of felcos, HD should have them to me by next weekend.  Just in time for some warmer weather.  I manage to lose them in the yard at times but always find them but no so last summer.  Thought for sure they would turn up, our yard is not that big.  Nope.  I need to keep them on a retractable leash.

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Spectacular is very appropriate.

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

That is an egg? I thought it was a potato.

18 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Dani, sorry to hear about your father. 

18 hours ago, Missusdubbya said:

Today we went for a bush walk in Lamington National Park 

15 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Big excitement this morning. Descaling the Keurig. 🤦‍♂️

It is a thankless task. 

image.thumb.jpg.8fa43f76eb3061e13fa0ea2fbb8431ea.jpg

Andrew, do you use tap water? We use ro/di water we make for our reef tank.

Amy, that place looks beautiful.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I miss my real estate days. Meeting people and watching them find their dream home. It just wouldn’t work out now. Agents always working on Weekends and Holidays and that’s when the boss is generally off. She asked me to quit . I still keep my license active and take the required courses to remain active for every two year renewal. 

M8

You might like commercial real estate. My husband liked it because he seldom did anything nights, weekends. He sold to doctors, for example, who needed more office/exam room space.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

That's exactly what happened to us.

We were in our 1st apartment, 4th floor, no elevator. My elderly parents were having trouble climbing the stairs, and offered to give us a long standing loan in order to move to a building with elevator.

By this time, we had 2 aces in our favor -- we were due to relocation to Brussels (nice salary...) and my father got approved for compensation for his years of forced labor during the Holocaust. I have to give a huge credit to the German authorities -- it took them 5 years to check all the documents, but the moment they approved, they paid their dues from the date the compensation request was made. The lump sum they received went directly towards the "new" apartment....

We were looking and looking (that was 1980, no phones, no internet), and by sheer luck, a realtor took us to an apartment just outside his office. The moment we entered, we said to the seller "this is it". We didn't even think to bargain, we paid the full price, and the seller of course thought we were such "su...k ...ers".

But we knew that we'll move and then relocate, rent it for a nice price, and return the loan to my parents during our stay abroad...

Sorry to hear what your dad went through Dani.

Your DH is multi talented and does  great unusual artwork.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Thanks 1

We went to church this morning then afterwards we went to McDonald's drive through for a couple of Wraps and hot drinks and went to sit overlooking the sea.

The sun is shining now and it is 44°F.

Over 22 million people 41% of the UK adult population have now received their first vaccine jabs.

Just spent over 1 hour sorting work paperwork so now sitting down watching TV.

Hope everyone has a nice day.

Graham.

• Like 6