Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

DH and I received our 2nd Moderna shots today.  As with the 1st, it took no longer than 25 mins and that included 15 mins wait time after, to be sure of no reaction. Hoping for as little side effects as possible.

M8, the house is beautiful inside and out.

• Like 3

On 3/3/2021 at 8:46 PM, Sunshine3601 said:

Only 739 days to go.....I wonder if we will all still be communicating on a daily basis.  I hope so

I hope so.

16 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Something relaxing.

That is so cute. The child with the baby goat.

16 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

It’s wise to have a PCP for routine maintenance and oil changes (perspective).  A checkup, procedures based on age, and blood work might identify a issue before you really know you have a problem.   

M8

Absolutely true. I like where we go because they have all of our records on file. Everything from the past 20 years. Surgeries, lab, pt, etc. We get everything done at one place.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm early 50s and Eric is 61 and we are both getting our first shot today at 3 pm in PA.

Supplies are increasing this month, you may get yours sooner than you think.

Happy for both of you.

15 hours ago, George C said:

Not a good day for us, had a very nice dinner last night then on way home car hit ours and speed off, will check to see if any stores in area have cameras. Luckily we are fine and car is drivable, we were going to get trade it in for a new car within the month. 

😡 Terrible people. So glad y’all are ok, but sorry to hear about the car.

13 hours ago, island lady said:

But are the numbers of Covid cases actually going down...to have all the restrictions lifted?  

I don’t think they will, but only time will tell. I hope I’m wrong. It sure would be nice to see some positive long term news.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Lionesss said:

....So I shopped, bought two bottles of  Prosciutto and some other items....

That’s how everyone should get their shots. 🥂  Glad being persistent paid off for you.

11 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Good luck, C&N 🤩

Where to u plan to live until you'll find another property?

I don't know the custom in US, but here you can sell a house and leave it after one year, even one year and a half. Of course you don't get all the money at the beginning.

What if some one wants to move in when they buy it? Do most sales happen like this or just some of them? We closed on this house in 3 weeks and I wanted to move in right away.

Just read your other post how things work. They don’t make it easy do they?

9 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

image.png

That’s a huge pool. Do you have to be a member there or is it open to anyone? I didn’t go in ours at all this summer. 😱

Edited by ReneeFLL

7 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Here is the home we just sold. We had some issues with the windows, double pain and the internal gas had leaked out. We reduced the price of the sale to cover the window replacement. It wasn’t cheap. It was I think 12 that had to be replaced. 

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/10-Little-Tomoka-Way-Ormond-Beach-FL-32174/67195318_zpid/?utm_campaign=iosappmessage&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=txtshare

Beautiful house.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, island lady said:

But are the numbers of Covid cases actually going down...to have all the restrictions lifted?  

The numbers in texas used for occupancy standards are percentage of hospital beds, not covid cases.

The number of covid cases is tracked and I get a daily interactive map showing cases in my online version of dallas morning news. Cases are dropping, plus the cases are less severe as the average age is dropping as seniors get vaccinated. Thru my subscription to dallas morning news, I clicked to receive covid updates, so that's maybe why I get updates about 6 times a day, and case counts and unfortunately death counts.

Half the seniors over age 65 got vaccines so far. Teachers now, in about 3 weeks, group 1C. 

The real newspaper is ridiculously expensive, like over $600, but I used my email when I subscribed and since covid hit, I clicked to receive covid updates. I wouldnt have it except my dad wants the tv sports schedule the real newspaper has. Lol, so that's why I get daily Dallas covid deaths and cases and know the cases are dropping... so my dad can get a paper sports schedule. He loves his basketball. Actually I was glad I had a online subscription to the newspaper and news when covid hit last year.

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Here is the home we just sold. We had some issues with the windows, double pain and the internal gas had leaked out. We reduced the price of the sale to cover the window replacement. It wasn’t cheap. It was I think 12 that had to be replaced. 

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/10-Little-Tomoka-Way-Ormond-Beach-FL-32174/67195318_zpid/?utm_campaign=iosappmessage&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=txtshare

Fantastic house with beautiful furniture and gorgeous pool.

Graham.

• Thanks 1

42°F and cloudy currently although we had a few snow flurries this morning.

Today is my late dad's memory.

9 years since he died.

The rememberance room at the crematorium is closed due to lockdown so we are unable to see his name today in the book of remembrance.

We are going to pop down to the cemetery to put some flowers on Pauline's grandparents grave and also her baby brothers grave them we will drive to the beach.

Hope everyone has a nice day.

Graham.

• Like 9

15 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Here is the US a standard home purchase contract closing is 30-days 

in example, If I went to contract with a buyer on my home today and agree to a 30-day closing then I have 30-days to clean out and vacate my home and the new owner would take possession and it would all be recorded at the county courthouse (register of deeds office).

there are some more steps that happen in those 30-days but that is the basic process. 

Not sure if this is still the same in Michigan, but years ago (before the 80s) when we sold a house (we flipped several), we had 30 days after closing to move out.  

Here in Florida, you have to be out by the closing date.  

My poor Father had the same thing in SC.  He was moved out of his house, into a new condo, then the deal fell through on the sale of his old house.  😮  New "Buyers" check bounced.  😣 He had some major scrambling to do, sadly.  Ended paying a penalty on the condo he had to move back out of, and then back into his house. 

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

Not sure if this is still the same in Michigan, but years ago (before the 80s) when we sold a house (we flipped several), we had 30 days after closing to move out.  

Here in Florida, you have to be out by the closing date.  

My poor Father had the same thing in SC.  He was moved out of his house, into a new condo, then the deal fell through on the sale of his old house.  😮  New "Buyers" check bounced.  😣 He had some major scrambling to do, sadly.  Ended paying a penalty on the condo he had to move back out of, and then back into his house. 

MI the same as the rest of the country.  Have to be out of the house by day of closing, unless special arrangements are made with the buyers.

That sounds like quite a mess for your Dad.  That rarely happens as usually buyers funds are verified upfront.

14 hours ago, Keksie said:

My friend had a contract on a house she wanted with a contingency that she sell her house.  This was before the market was hot, she ended up not selling her house and not getting the house she wanted to buy.  We got our current home by being a back up buyer, the original buyer had to sell their house and the person who was buying their house had to sell 2 homes.  It all fell apart and we ended up being the buyer.  I am so happy it worked out that way because I love my house and this area.

The house we are in now, we moved into before we sold our larger house in Merritt Island.  Did not want to be in it when it was being shown.  While waiting to sell the old house, we had taken the previous owner of this house up on his offer of seller financing while we waited.  Old house sold right away, then buyer backed out at the last minute, which had kept our old house off the market for two months.  🤬

Back on the market,  we sold it soon after,  and then paid off the loan to the seller/previous owner of this house.  Still worked out well.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 2

Just now, A&L_Ont said:

Graham, your rather is among great company.  Thinking of you and Pauline today. Hopefully your daughter is doing well too. 

Thanks Andrew.

Sarah is our niece but has always been like our daughter and she has worked with Pauline for over 15 years.

She is back to work after her covid19 infection.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Andrew.

Sarah is our niece but has always been like our daughter and she has worked with Pauline for over 15 years.

That was what I thought but then I figured maybe it is just one more thing that I've lately been confused about in this thread.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Keksie said:

My friend had a contract on a house she wanted with a contingency that she sell her house.  This was before the market was hot, she ended up not selling her house and not getting the house she wanted to buy.  We got our current home by being a back up buyer, the original buyer had to sell their house and the person who was buying their house had to sell 2 homes.  It all fell apart and we ended up being the buyer.  I am so happy it worked out that way because I love my house and this area.

And indeed you live in a beautiful area! 🤗

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

MI the same as the rest of the country.  Have to be out of the house by day of closing, unless special arrangements are made with the buyers.

That sounds like quite a mess for your Dad.  That rarely happens as usually buyers funds are verified upfront.

Yeah, I was wondering if it went to that in Michigan by now.  Thanks for the update!  

The deal on my Dad's house was handled by some rather bad real estate company he was with.  Whole thing was very suspicious.  😠

We were lucky with the previous owners of this house.  They are nice people and still live here in the community in a larger house they moved into. 

Our old house had 145 feet on the water, big screened in pool with jacuzzi, 2 docks, seawall, 3 boat lifts (with 3 boats), big orchard on one side, fenced in concrete pad we put in to park the land yacht with hook ups (but no cover) on the other side.  Lots of lush landscaping.  Once we retired...it was way...way...too much to keep up when we started traveling for weeks/months at a time.  But the thing we do miss...it was only 5 miles to check in at PC.  😉 

Very happy to have found this small home with attached covered RV port in a safe guarded, gated community.  Never have to worry about it when we travel. 🙂 "Swamp life" is good. 😄 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 4

39 minutes ago, island lady said:

The house we are in now, we moved into before we sold our larger house in Merritt Island.  Did not want to be in it when it was being shown.  While waiting to sell the old house, we had taken the previous owner of this house up on his offer of seller financing while we waited.  Old house sold right away, then buyer backed out at the last minute, which had kept our old house off the market for two months.  🤬

Back on the market,  we sold it soon after,  and then paid off the loan to the seller/previous owner of this house.  Still worked out well.  

That's great the seller was able to do that.  Happy for you it all worked well.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Andrew.

Glad to hear Sarah has recovered and is back to work😍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, firefly333 said:

The numbers in texas used for occupancy standards are percentage of hospital beds, not covid cases.

The number of covid cases is tracked and I get a daily interactive map showing cases in my online version of dallas morning news. Cases are dropping, plus the cases are less severe as the average age is dropping as seniors get vaccinated. Thru my subscription to dallas morning news, I clicked to receive covid updates, so that's maybe why I get updates about 6 times a day, and case counts and unfortunately death counts.

Half the seniors over age 65 got vaccines so far. Teachers now, in about 3 weeks, group 1C. 

The real newspaper is ridiculously expensive, like over $600, but I used my email when I subscribed and since covid hit, I clicked to receive covid updates. I wouldnt have it except my dad wants the tv sports schedule the real newspaper has. Lol, so that's why I get daily Dallas covid deaths and cases and know the cases are dropping... so my dad can get a paper sports schedule. He loves his basketball. Actually I was glad I had a online subscription to the newspaper and news when covid hit last year.

Will be interesting to see how the numbers go now that Texas is opened back up again.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

Will be interesting to see how the numbers go now that Texas is opened back up again.  

Probably similar to Florida. We got a spike but the hospitals as a whole, never got critical. One of our local hospitals, Advent Health Daytona hit code Red once for about a week but dropped back down to yellow. We still show substantial numbers admitted with COVID but that issue is related to mostly LTC facilities, who are not yet for the most part accepting those people back. After they recover now, and then get vaccinated, they can go back. 

M8

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That's great the seller was able to do that.  Happy for you it all worked well.

It's nice to be friends with the previous owners as well.  We were happy to have them in to show them all the improvements we have done on it.  🙂  

24 minutes ago, island lady said:

I see very very few signs of changes to masking. Only perhaps to food/dining room openings. Though I'm wondering if drive thrus working out so well they keep dining room closed mostly.

Dallas schools, dallas public bldgs, most grocery stores, malls now, all saying masks still required. Announcements that mask mandates still in place. Allowing restaurants to reopen, if they havent gone broke already biggest change.

Actually I think the big headline below is dallas wants a cut from Netflix, lol. 

20210305_075746.jpg

• Like 1