Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

7 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

DH and I are due for our 2nd Moderna shot tomorrow. Can't wait.  Our TX Gov. did away with mask mandate yesterday as well as announcing every place can now be open, 100%, no restrictions, This does not make me happy. I fear covid #s will keep climbing. Asymptomatic people without knowing they carry the virus will be maskless.  Even though I will be protected, I worry how this will impact the general population. I hope schools will still require masks.

Graham, in this uncertain gloomy time in our lives, your pictures sure brighten the day.

We’ve been open in Florida for some time. Our ICU bed availability is normal for snowbird season.  Individual businesses and cities have their own rules regarding masks.  Our schools have been open with very few problems. Just be responsible for yourself, that’s what we do. 

M8

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

You held out longer than I did. I wasn’t going to book anything until sailings happen but now have 4 booked. Once you book your first...

We just added a 4/5 b2b on Mariner in Dec '22

VP suite. That might be my favorite cabin

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

We’ve been open in Florida for some time. Our ICU bed availability is normal for snowbird season.  Individual businesses and cities have their own rules regarding masks.  Our schools have been open with very few problems. Just be responsible for yourself, that’s what we do. 

M8

Based on my recent trip to Cocoa Beach, this is an extremely 'light' Snowbird season.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I have posted on a nice friendly floataway lounge page for over 2 years but it takes a while to get on if I miss a day or two.

On here i am straight on to the thread.

I think this thread is hard to keep up with.

Not even going to try and catch up

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you for your kind words.

Good luck with your second Moderna vaccine jab tomorrow and hopefully no side effects.

I had my first Pfizer Vaccine jab 8 days ago but i have to wait 11-12 weeks for my second jab.

Hopefully Pauline gets a call in the next few weeks for her first vaccine jab.

Graham.

Laura and I are Pauline's age. I don't see a vaccine in the near term for us

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Based on my recent trip to Cocoa Beach, this is an extremely 'light' Snowbird season.

They must all be up here. It’s getting harder to find a restaurant without a wait for seating. Plus 80th Bikeweek starts tomorrow and everything is getting packed. Lots of vendors. The only big vender/manufacturer missing is Harley-Davidson. They are not coming. They did send their demo truck but no display. 

M8

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Mine looks like this on iPhone 

C34AAB61-925B-4310-BDFD-0763679115B1.png

Hi Rory.

This was my first polo shirt I bought in Orlando Florida 1992 that I mentioned previously 

Graham.

IMG_20210304_123821.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

53 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

UK started invitations for 60+ a few days ago plus any with serious medical issues.  Hoping to give all 40+ their first jab by mid April. 

Hope you get you invitation soon. I think US are doing extremely well with their vaccination roll out and I'm sure all countries will ramp up as more vaccines get approved 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Keksie said:

I am hoping my husband will fall into a group soon.  I already have my shots but he is 63 and healthy so it might be awhile.  That is the trouble with being healthy and having no doctor.  LOL

It’s wise to have a PCP for routine maintenance and oil changes (perspective).  A checkup, procedures based on age, and blood work might identify a issue before you really know you have a problem.   

M8

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

It’s wise to have a PCP for routine maintenance and oil changes (perspective).  A checkup, procedures based on age, and blood work might identify a issue before you really know you have a problem.   

M8

It also makes me feel better after getting a clean bill of health (other than hypertension, which I'm working on).  One less thing to worry about.  With some family history of medical issues, and some recent serious issues with friends/family, good health is no longer something that I take for granted.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

M8

You can try to talk him into it.  I have tried for 15 years.  I have gotten him in to the pharmacy for shots.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

I'm early 50s and Eric is 61 and we are both getting our first shot today at 3 pm in PA.

Supplies are increasing this month, you may get yours sooner than you think.

• Like 2

Not a good day for us, had a very nice dinner last night then on way home car hit ours and speed off, will check to see if any stores in area have cameras. Luckily we are fine and car is drivable, we were going to get trade it in for a new car within the month.