Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

10 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I don't mind doing any type of electrical work at all.  Doesn't scare me because I understand how it works.  No concerns at all about shocks or electrical fires.  Plumbing however, I also hate.  Part of it is because I can't walk for a day after laying on my back under a sink, and part is because I have this fear of slow leaks when I'm done that will eventually cause bigger problems.

I'm the opposite. Maybe because my father was a plumber by trade, I don't mind it so much. Yeah, the tight spaces can be backbreaking and messier. But I think my fear of dying in the middle of the night in an electrical fire started by my botched electrical work outweighs my fear of drowning in the middle of the night due to my botched plumbing work.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I need you when I need instruction, are you for rent lol.

I'm with Bucky about throwing my phone out the window. Funny because I love my tablets.

LOL....he has a short temper with anything to do with modern tech. electronics.  He gets mad at the TV remote also...which is usually "operator error".   I have to figure out what button he pushed that caused the problem, then fix it.  

He would probably rather go back to corded dial phones, and changing the station on the TV by hand. Maybe rabbit ears too.  😄 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, island lady said:

Bucky and I both got Samsung Galaxy A10e phones over a year ago.  I love mine, but too complicated for Bucky.  I help him out when needed, since he threatens to toss it through the window sometimes.  

It does come with an "easy mode", doesn't it?  It simplifies the menu choice to just the basic stuff.

I just tried dumping water down the new drain pipes (which are done) but it's the water hook ups to the faucets he is having a problem with.  

He is off to Lowes right now...my side did not leak...his?  Niagara Falls.  Eeeeekkk!!   Think I will keep that to myself until he gets the faucet connections done. 🤐

3 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

It does come with an "easy mode", doesn't it?  It simplifies the menu choice to just the basic stuff.

Probably.   He only uses it as a phone.  Even though I have tried to teach him the basics of texting, taking pictures, set up his own email...etc.  He won't use them.  Only the phone and voice mail.  But it still messes him up.  😉  He does not even do internet, and only uses my old lap top to do games.  

Even though the TV is one photo, I’m going with the garage. The floor finish says it to me. Not to mention the blue and white Viper front clip on the wall.  I think it’s that or a Neon RT clip. My guess. 

Edited by A&L_Ont

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Then you are no help to me at all.🤨😊

I used to tell her that Apple was for low tech individuals. That was before I moved in. Now I’m a yes mam, yes dear kind of guy. I have a Windows laptop I keep hidden in the closet. 😇

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, singinalot said:

you can guess which one is Nate’ favorite.

48 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Even though the TV is one photo, I’m going with the garage. The floor finish says it to me. Not to mention the blue and white Viper front clip on the wall.  I think it’s that or a Neon RT clip. My guess. 

I'm going with garage as well. And that floor is cleaner than any garage floor needs to be.😉

I'm going with Viper as well, based on the  pictures.

Edited by HBE4

8 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I used to tell her that Apple was for low tech individuals. That was before I moved in. Now I’m a yes mam, yes dear kind of guy. I have a Windows laptop I keep hidden in the closet. 😇

You are a smart man.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, singinalot said:

He got his first sports car, a Viper, 5 years ago and shortly followed that with an NSX. He then traded those both in for the Gallardo (which was what we were in in the car accident in 2018). He now has a Murci.

Nice progression up the sports car ladder.  A co-worker I've mine had a very similar NSX after many years of owning various 1980-s era Porsche 911's. Got rid of it after a year, found it boring. He said it was just too easy to drive fast. He liked a challenge so went back to Porsche.

28 minutes ago, singinalot said:

The Viper bumper on the wall is one he actually found in a customer’s field and asked if he could have it. So crazy. Just a random sports car part in a field

Somewhere there is a guy with a bumper-less Viper.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, singinalot said:

The Viper bumper on the wall is one he actually found in a customer’s field and asked if he could have it. So crazy. Just a random sports car part in a field 🤷‍♀️

Virtual nod of recognition being sent your way. Nice garage selection which I approve of.  As for the bumper, I have seen videos of Vipers doing their best impersonations of Mustangs curb surfing.  Perhaps they left it behind in embarrassment.

I think Nate would like it here.  We’d definitely have things to talk about. Cars and cruises.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Me too...ughh...    Wish I could stuff a foam topper in my luggage!  

I have seen in hallways on day of embarkment people with cheapy foam toppers they bring to put on their beds.    I read on cc they just leave it there when their cruise is over unless they drove to port they take it back home.    

As much as I would love to have one I don't think I would bother going thru all that trouble to roll it up and fit back into the storage bag they come in.

Just now, Sunshine3601 said:

I have seen in hallways on day of embarkment people with cheapy foam toppers they bring to put on their beds.    I read on cc they just leave it there when their cruise is over unless they drove to port they take it back home.    

As much as I would love to have one I don't think I would bother going thru all that trouble to roll it up and fit back into the storage bag they come in.

I have an inflatable pad that rolls up to about the size of a small oatmeal box.  It helps since I like a soft mattress.  It takes a little huffing and puffing to get it blown up, but not bad.

• Like 1

I was able to get the trap yesterday and baited it with peanut butter and peanuts.  Nothing overnight as I had just set the trap on the floor but we could hear him scampering about between the furnace room and the family room in the bulkhead around the hot and cold air returns.  

I was out for the day and when I got home my son said he opened the door to check and was staring right at a big black squirrel climbing our water pipe. Looked around and saw the mess that the squirrel had made as he tried to claw his way out through our vinyl clad window. 

I moved the trap up to the window ledge and went upstairs, booked a couple of cruises, talked to a client and had dinner.  Went down to check and lo and behold we had us a pretty mad squirrel in a cage.  Took him for a nice long drive to a conservation area.  I opened the door on the trap and he shot out of there that would put Nates sports cars to shame.

Time now for a drink then to clean up the damage.  He just added to the damage the first squirrel did 10 years ago. 

8D2EB156-2A5F-4964-8A73-3E883A75FB57.jpeg

620EB9F9-A802-4AD9-87BB-506B71DB6330.jpeg

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I was able to get the trap yesterday and baited it with peanut butter and peanuts.  Nothing overnight as I had just set the trap on the floor but we could hear him scampering about between the furnace room and the family room in the bulkhead around the hot and cold air returns.  

I was out for the day and when I got home my son said he opened the door to check and was staring right at a big black squirrel climbing our water pipe. Looked around and saw the mess that the squirrel had made as he tried to claw his way out through our vinyl clad window. 

I moved the trap up to the window ledge and went upstairs, booked a couple of cruises, talked to a client and had dinner.  Went down to check and lo and behold we had us a pretty mad squirrel in a cage.  Took him for a nice long drive to a conservation area.  I opened the door on the trap and he shot out of there that would put Nates sports cars to shame.

Time now for a drink then to clean up the damage.  He just added to the damage the first squirrel did 10 years ago. 

8D2EB156-2A5F-4964-8A73-3E883A75FB57.jpeg

620EB9F9-A802-4AD9-87BB-506B71DB6330.jpeg

Wow, he is a big one.  Good job on catching him.  I'm sure he is happy to be back outdoors as you are to have him out of your house.

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Wow, he is a big one.  Good job on catching him.  I'm sure he is happy to be back outdoors as you are to have him out of your house.

Slept with the doors to our bedrooms closed last night just in case he found a way out of our furnace room.  Kept one cat in our room and the other roaming the house on the alert.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sheal said:

I broke down and just bought a new phone after seven years.  It was paid for and I had no problem using it overseas but AT&T gave me the line that it was not going to work soon.  That was about six months ago but I didn't want to take my chances they were not exaggerating.

I got the same notice. Apparently, AT&T sent it out to everyone regardless of the phone they are using. I went to Best Buy and had a chat with the folks there. They said there was no way a phone with 4g lte capabilities (Samsung S8) was going to become non functional on the network.

Of course, I have no idea about the phone that you were using.