Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

John - Was the limoncello made in the still, or is it some other pre-made base that is infused (i.e. the mason jars).

This round is infused 80 proof vodka

Thinking about a still,  though

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, helen haywood said:

If you enlarge the photo you will see some kneading damage...  A kitten was recently added to the mix and the chair is now draped in protective towels.  I’d forgotten the kitten proofing requirements...  Clear mantels and table tops, close off certain rooms, no defrosting on the counters, resign yourself to either replacing sofas or embracing shabby chic...

Have you ever tried double sided tape?  I bought a roll I think 3 or 4" wide and put on some of their favorite scratching spots.  Such as corners of sofa and recliners.  It freaks them out and eventually they stop trying to scratch it.  Safe for upholstered furniture.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Have you ever tried double sided tape?  I bought a roll I think 3 or 4" wide and put on some of their favorite scratching spots.  Such as corners of sofa and recliners.  It freaks them out and eventually they stop trying to scratch it.  Safe for upholstered furniture.  

I have heard of it but not used it yet.  But, shhhh!!, these are 40 year old sofas I am looking forward to replacing...😁

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Dubinsky (see photo) said to tell you "meow" for the suggestion.   Seems the new family addition (Olive) is ruining "his" favorite chair!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Well this week is dedicated to all RESPIRATORY THERAPIST AS WELL AS RESPIRATORY ASSOCIATES.

So in honor of their front line dedication during this pandemic and even before the crisis began, we are recognizing their unselfish dedication.

Some say it is their job.

But I say it is their profession.

So few people even knew they even existed before COVID.

But I did.

I am married to the best manager around.(We met at the hospital we both work at, I was a nurse anesthetist.)

He has not called off in over 20 years for himself, and only missed work with bereavement of family members.

Their profession ranks up there with Registered Nurses as far as education, continuing education and board certification.

So today I got up at 6am. to make a  feast for 35 of his employees.

To start with wedding soup

Caesar salad

Pasta with meatballs

Garlic rolls

Cupcakes

House smells really garlicky 

Off to deliver soon.

Stay healthy

God love ya! They will enjoy it all!

Since I’m busy sweeping in the barn, let me get those tears for you.😉 Sadly, we should have been home for a week after returning home from our Symphony cruise.😢

The positive thing, with no shortages of masks in our house I’ve been using them in the barn while sweeping. It’s like black baby powder.  You don’t want to know what the colour was on the outside of the mask.  My lungs are happy though. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, singinalot said:

we were supposed to have arrived in Barcelona today for our TA on Allure 😭😭😭

Me too.  

Was actually supposed to be on the ship right now, as second leg of 10/18 and 10/25 (President's cruise)  B2B Med cruise on Allure, staying on the ship....continuing onto the the TA  this Sunday.  😞  

Could not get refund on the 3 night hotel in Barcelona...ughh.. but did get refund on flight over when AA messed around with our flight, turning it into a 3 leg versus the original 2 leg.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, yogimax said:

We rescued one from the streets a couple of weeks ago so now Dubinsky has a sister.

Nice!!  Are they getting along?  My Katie had a real "hissy fit" when we brought her new sister Moggy home.  I was worried about leaving for work the next Monday, but came home to find them curled up together.  Awww...

They have been gone for a couple of years now...but still miss them terribly.  

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Another sunset last evening on Marathon Key in the Florida Keys...our favorite Happy Hour spot!

We're looking at renting a house in the Keys as a possible 4 couples trip in early February.  Key West is naturally a little pricier and the houses are smaller.  Where in the Keys would you recommend?  Marathon Key is a definite possibility.  Somewhere with a beach where you can walk and swim would be nice, but I don't know if that's really an option in the Keys.

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Nice!!  Are they getting along?  My Katie had a real "hissy fit" when we brought her new sister Moggy home.  I was worried about leaving for work the next Monday, but came home to find them curled up together.  Awww...

They have been gone for a couple of years now...but still miss them terribly.  

So sorry for your loss.  I love the name Moggy.  They truly become part of the family.

This has been a fairly easy process.  Dubinsky is a friendly cat to begin with and Olive sort of adopted us.  Our cats have been the reason we don't go on longer cruises but that's o.k..

• Like 1

Busy day. Barn is half swept. 

DAF03A2A-7F22-4E4D-A847-8A4F3383BC8B.thumb.jpeg.83e190a9e8524b92eeebbc2f7e0d163a.jpeg

Still have to clean up this side where we store hay. Lucy hung out with me for the day but we leave this barn locked up when we aren’t in it so I needed to find her. It took a few minutes.  Can you find her?

02B1CBD4-80EB-4555-BD1D-CCAF03E74A78.thumb.jpeg.a79e4af7f28cfd18c567bfec5127deeb.jpeg

There you are. 

C89B9AFE-E760-4C62-9195-288FCEBB1C6C.thumb.jpeg.05051dea9463d8dabc10de1fe4f074bd.jpeg

After a few minutes of coaxing she came down. 

82BDF2A6-0077-41CB-A85C-CBF257CD47CD.thumb.jpeg.98ab20faa2e949ffff7e10a3ee1bb4fd.jpeg

Corn harvest started yesterday afternoon as well. 50 acres down and our last 70 acres to go hopefully tomorrow.

72237231-0035-4769-A022-8DF1D68BB48D.thumb.jpeg.f803787317d2f0004e27534499b77a8f.jpeg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

We're looking at renting a house in the Keys as a possible 4 couples trip in early February.  Key West is naturally a little pricier and the houses are smaller.  Where in the Keys would you recommend?  Marathon Key is a definite possibility.  Somewhere with a beach where you can walk and swim would be nice, but I don't know if that's really an option in the Keys.

We stayed at the Seafarer in Key Largo a couple of times. Lots of restaurants nearby. Close to Miami for Everglades tours. 

The hotel has a free breakfast (muffins and individual omelets). They also have free kayaks to use. It's on the bay side and sunsets are gorgeous.

But, like most places, it can be spendy. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, singinalot said:

we were supposed to have arrived in Barcelona today for our TA on Allure 😭😭😭

10 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

And we would have been on Allure for Presidents Cruise. 

8 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Sadly, we should have been home for a week after returning home from our Symphony cruise.😢

5 hours ago, island lady said:

Was actually supposed to be on the ship right now, as second leg of 10/18 and 10/25 (President's cruise)  B2B Med cruise on Allure, staying on the ship....continuing onto the the TA  this Sunday.  😞  

There is  Like, Thank You, and Laugh.  2020 requires a "Sorry" button

@island lady seems the closest to cruising, although @A&L_Ont is sweeping out the barn and trying to avoid black lung, so the bar was kind of low. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3