Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks, googled it.... it is indeed 👍

Affectionately known as “The Angel Number”, the number 888 is a symbol of abundance and positivity in numerology. When you notice this number appearing often, be prepared for an overwhelming amount of goodness coming your way. ... Therefore, the power of this number is increased threefold when it presents itself as 888.

Yes, there are people that use that number for their businesses, phone numbers, license plates.  Lots of people choose to get married on that date, 8/8.  I feel very blessed to have that date for my birthday.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/profile/1462771-grapau27/ & https://boards.cruisecritic.com/profile/274172-sgmn/

When eating the fish and chips, do you drizzle malt vinegar over them?  My Grandfather grew up in England.  He was the one who got me to love fish and chips.  I am wondering if the malt vinegar was the way they ate it in England or something he just preferred.  He lived to be 100 years old.  So was it the fish or the malt vinegar that made him so healthy?

You have to have malt vinegar. Even here in Florida, most places that serve fish and chips provide malt vinegar. 

• Like 4

We've talked about drones here before and I believe there are more drone pilots here than Crystal, Rory (wherever he may be) and myself, so I'm sharing this new info.  There's a new training that's required for ALL recreational pilots of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs), which covers drones, fixed wing RC planes, RC helicopters, etc.  The training is required even if the pilot already has his/her part 107 license 🤷‍♂️.  There's no database where your status is recorded but you should have a copy (print or digital) with you to show a law enforcement agent if challenged while flying.  I took the training and the accompanying knowledge check, and it took me less than 15 minutes, although I skimmed over much of the material because I already knew it.

Russ from the 51 Drones YouTube channel does a good job of going through what the training is about and how to take it.  FWIW, I used the UAV coach web site that Russ used.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

You have to have malt vinegar. Even here in Florida, most places that serve fish and chips provide malt vinegar. 

Agree with both.  I love it and must have it with F&C’s

6 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Malt is my favourite, especially with fish and chips.

21 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Grapau27 & sgmn

When eating the fish and chips, do you drizzle malt vinegar over them?  My Grandfather grew up in England.  He was the one who got me to love fish and chips.  I am wondering if the malt vinegar was the way they ate it in England or something he just preferred.  He lived to be 100 years old.  So was it the fish or the malt vinegar that made him so healthy?

I always put lots of malt vinegar on my fish and chips.

Pauline also puts salt on hers.

Graham.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

14 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Malt is my favourite, especially with fish and chips. 

And it's good to dip french fries in

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

There's a new training that's required for ALL recreational pilots of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs), which covers drones, fixed wing RC planes, RC helicopters, etc.

Thanks Bob, I did not know about this at all.

20 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I used to buy our red hot dogs and Country Kitchen rolls at Shaw’s on Route 24 (Cook’s Corner) near  Brunswick. 
Wonderful years and glorious summer vacations for our kids. 

Brunswick GA or Brunswick ME?  

I am fixing crab rolls right now (my favorite Jonah Crabs).   I had to order two containers yesterday when we picked up our live lobster to have them stashed them away in the back since they fly out of there quickly.  They were cooking and picking the meat last night.  Picked them up from our lobster pound this morning after a run to the Farmer's Market.  

Two upset, uptight ladies came in while I was picking them up...stuck their noses in the cooler display behind me and loudly proclaimed "I don't see any crab!!!"  I silently slunk out of there with my two containers.  😉 

Once again, using the small sub rolls that I "shaved".  

Bucky stayed here tending to his homemade spaghetti sauce he simmers it half the day.  Spaghetti dinner tonight!  🙂  

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

As with your other lobster meals, I am salivating here!!!  I can't thank you enough for sharing your Maine vacay with us. 

Aww...that's so nice of you to say so! 😊

I always get worried that I am boring the crap out of everyone with my rattling on.  😮 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, brookmill18 said:

I've been reading this thread almost since the beginning and can't thank everyone enough for such a great place to come and say a (silent!) hello every day! I rarely post on CC but this thread has been such a joy--I especially enjoy hearing about the "regular" lives of people living in so many different places! I have a list of places to visit, shows to watch, and books to read based on this thread alone!

And I've come out of lurkdom to ask--where is the Bella thread??? I've searched and googled all over but it's been bugging me that I could not figure it out, so I thought I'd just risk it and ask! I know sometimes other sites can't be mentioned, so no worries if it can't be shared, but thought I'd ask.  Happy 4th of July and hope this thread can continue well out of lockdown times!

Welcome.

This is how I get on to Bella's thread.

1 Click on the magnifying symbol.

2 key in Friends of Bell on the advanced search.

3 Click search and various similar worded threads including Friends of Bell show up.

4 Click on Friends of Bell.

Graham.

Screenshot_20210703_163524_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210703_163542_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210703_163558_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210703_164620_com.android.chrome.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Not much of a fan of the vinegar on the fish...though I do love Vinegar.   Will use it though if I find the serving is fishy at all.  Fishy fish...not nice.  😜

6 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Has anyone tried to make their own fish and chips?  Is it hard?  There is nowhere to get good fish and chips were we live.

Have done it before...but was never a fan of the oil I had to use and then dispose.  

Almost all of our fish we make or order at a restaurant is broiled, sauteed, or grilled.  No breading.  

But I still get naughty and order the fried breaded stuff occasionally.  😉 

We had a light lunch at Wynyard gardens and sat looking over the gardens then we went up to the Hall.

We have stayed here before and had several meals here.

We ended up at the beach for a couple of hours. 

Screenshot_20210703_170012.jpg

IMG_20210703_155822.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 9

15 minutes ago, island lady said:

Brunswick GA or Brunswick ME?  

I am fixing crab rolls right now (my favorite Jonah Crabs).   I had to order two containers yesterday when we picked up our live lobster to have them stashed them away in the back since they fly out of there quickly.  They were cooking and picking the meat last night.  Picked them up from our lobster pound this morning after a run to the Farmer's Market.  

Two upset, uptight ladies came in while I was picking them up...stuck their noses in the cooler display behind me and loudly proclaimed "I don't see any crab!!!"  I silently slunk out of there with my two containers.  😉 

Once again, using the small sub rolls that I "shaved".  

Bucky stayed here tending to his homemade spaghetti sauce he simmers it half the day.  Spaghetti dinner tonight!  🙂  

Never thought I’d be making a pot of chicken soup on July 3rd!  Drizzle and a high of 59 degrees here. 

FC423BEA-AA0B-4555-A591-E40F848C8619.jpeg

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Never thought I’d be making a pot of chicken soup on July 3rd!  Drizzle and a high of 59 degrees here. 

FC423BEA-AA0B-4555-A591-E40F848C8619.jpeg

OMG...that looks delicious!!  Nice job chef!!  🙂 

I picked up my veggies from the market this morning, will make the Chicken soup on Monday. 

Tomorrow is a nice pot of chili from that beef I picked up at the country butcher shop.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Another food item I can only get up here in "Downeast Maine"...is the locally grown Marfax beans.  Making up a pot of them right now to use in my Chili tomorrow.  Local beans...local beef.  😋

20210703_115449.jpg

Edited by island lady
  • Like 4