Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Beautiful bright sunny morning at the beach.   Heading out to Mustache Bill's diner for breakfast.   Then we will bring patio furniture out of storage, plant flowers in various planters around the deck and clean windows.   

Should be sunny all day with a high of 80 with light breeze.    

Have a great day everyone😃

• Like 9

30 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

@DaniDanielleMarietta, my thoughts and prayers are with you, Charlie, your DD, and your DGs t

20 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

@DaniDanielle.

Thinking of your family today and sending our prayers 🙏 and sad condolences to you all.

Graham x

9 minutes ago, Keksie said:

@DaniDanielle Adding my thoughts and sending care for you and your family today.  

7 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

+1. 🙏💕

+ 5 🙏 😘

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

@DaniDanielle You’ve been in my prayers and I’ll be thinking of your family today and in the days to come.  When my mother died I moved from Atlanta to her small home town.  In Atlanta it seemed people sent flowers, went to the funeral, and then seemed to think that was it.  In our small town people consistently mention my mother and share stories about her and I feel she’s still with me here in a way I did not in Atlanta.  I hope your daughter and grandchildren have the same warmth of love and memories.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Today is day 3 of my bachelor week.  Micheline is in Cincinnati looking at wedding venues with my daughter and helping her clean/paint the condo that she just bought with her fiancé.  I'll play golf a few times, complete some of the tasks on our house to do list, and watch the PGA Championship on TV.  Pretty much the same as what I'd do if she was here. 😁  The big difference is that I'm responsible for watering all of her plants.  For some plants, that's a daily task.  If she comes back to any dead plants, I'm in big trouble.

Also, I just started an exercise/training program called Golf Forever.  It's essentially resistance training, but with exercises that are focused on improving flexibility and swing speed for golf.  I know myself well enough to know that I won't get in a car and drive somewhere to work out.  That little bit of extra effort is enough to derail me.  It needs to be falling out of bed easy for me to keep up a routine, and I can literally fall out of my bed and start exercising.  So far so good with this program.

• Like 9

10 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Sadly this happens to a lot of older workers.  Shame experience and work ethic is not valued.

Being downsized was a huge shock to me.Every Friday the guy in charge of the company selected an employee to join him for a catered breakfast .He called me and asked me to come to his office and my though was it was my day.It turned out to be my worst day in quite some time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

We usually have a 2-4 weeks in the spring where we don’t have either on. Unfortunately with bad allergies at the same time we keep the windows closed.  We do have a fresh air intake that runs through a filter so we can still bring in fresh air and my nose, eyes and throat are OK.

More often than not we go from winter to AC with little time in between. The fall is an easier transition from hot to cooler weather. We might not have either run for a solid month or more. 

We very rarely have the AC on because I have Raynaud’s disease.I cannot be in the cold .However,it may be in the 90’s here today and we will likely have the AC on.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

We've just turned off the thermostat around 4 days ago.  I can't believe we've had the heat turned on through the middle of May.  Insane!!!   Anyhow, I happily opened the windows, only to have the green pollen in all of the rooms with open windows.🙄  Today it is going into the 90's here. (Looks like the AC will be going on)   I went outside around 8:00 to feed the Koi, and let me tell you, the sun is strong and it is already pretty warm outside.  I'm going to have to get outside soon if I want to get any planting, etc. done today!

It is 72 here now.It was supposed to be a high of 86 but it was just changed to 91.

The pools in the development opened at 10 this morning.Normally the majority of people get there in the afternoon.My thinking is that they probably reached capacity already today.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Beautiful bright sunny morning at the beach.   Heading out to Mustache Bill's diner for breakfast.   Then we will bring patio furniture out of storage, plant flowers in various planters around the deck and clean windows.   

Should be sunny all day with a high of 80 with light breeze.    

Have a great day everyone😃

My daughter and son in law who live nearby came here a few days ago to take our deck and terrace furniture out of the garage to set things up for us.If there is a breeze I will sit outside later.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Today is day 3 of my bachelor week.  Micheline is in Cincinnati looking at wedding venues with my daughter and helping her clean/paint the condo that she just bought with her fiancé.  I'll play golf a few times, complete some of the tasks on our house to do list, and watch the PGA Championship on TV.  Pretty much the same as what I'd do if she was here. 😁  The big difference is that I'm responsible for watering all of her plants.  For some plants, that's a daily task.  If she comes back to any dead plants, I'm in big trouble.

Also, I just started an exercise/training program called Golf Forever.  It's essentially resistance training, but with exercises that are focused on improving flexibility and swing speed for golf.  I know myself well enough to know that I won't get in a car and drive somewhere to work out.  That little bit of extra effort is enough to derail me.  It needs to be falling out of bed easy for me to keep up a routine, and I can literally fall out of my bed and start exercising.  So far so good with this program.

A friend of mine moved in 2005 to a development in NJ.He never played golf but the house he bought was directly across the street from a course.He began to take lessons and is now an accomplished golfer.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Thank you all.  We are getting ready for the 2:00 viewing.  I don’t know how the little ones are going to be.  The 11 year old wrote a letter to his dad but we haven’t been able to read it😢It hit them hard yesterday.  

Today will be a very difficult day for you and family,Marietta but I pray that all of you will be able to get through it.

• Like 6

We've just turned off the thermostat around 4 days ago.  I can't believe we've had the heat turned on through the middle of May.  Insane!!!   Anyhow, I happily opened the windows, only to have the green pollen in all of the rooms with open windows.🙄  Today it is going into the 90's here. (Looks like the AC will be going on)   I went outside around 8:00 to feed the Koi, and let me tell you, the sun is strong and it is already pretty warm outside.  I'm going to have to get outside soon if I want to get any planting, etc. done today!

I shut the heating units off in the garage a month ago and today when we were shuffling around summer cars it got a stuffy inside.

It is exceptionally humid and hot here today.  It’s 81 and feels like 88 at the moment. I’m a bit excited because I turned on the new AC units which are in each of the 3 bays for the first time ever. They were installed last fall so I’m interested to get to finally use it and see how well it works. 

Be careful out there in the heat. It can take a toll. 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Thank you all.  We are getting ready for the 2:00 viewing.  I don’t know how the little ones are going to be.  The 11 year old wrote a letter to his dad but we haven’t been able to read it😢It hit them hard yesterday.  

We are here for you during this difficult day. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Greetings from Seneca Lake. Not a bad view to wake up to. 

I've been up for hours but just getting around to posting now.  Been busy relaxing & enjoying the sounds of nature. 

20220521_105835.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Greetings from Seneca Lake. Not a bad view to wake up to. 

I've been up for hours but just getting around to posting now.  Been busy relaxing & enjoying the sounds of nature. 

20220521_105835.jpg

My mother spent many days in Seneca Lake when she was young.She had many pictures which I now have.Alas they are all in black and while and the beauty cannot be visualized.This picture is beautiful.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

We usually have a 2-4 weeks in the spring where we don’t have either on. Unfortunately with bad allergies at the same time we keep the windows closed.  We do have a fresh air intake that runs through a filter so we can still bring in fresh air and my nose, eyes and throat are OK.

More often than not we go from winter to AC with little time in between. The fall is an easier transition from hot to cooler weather. We might not have either run for a solid month or more. 

I usually like to turn off the heat mid-April & not turn on the air conditioners until mid-June.  Doesn't always work out that way. Had the heat on until mid-May & would have turned on the A/C units had they been in the windows. Right now, they are still sitting in the garage. 

If it's going to be hot for just 2-3 days, I can "rough it". By the time I get home, the temps should be back to normal - 70 during the day, 50's at night. Let's see if I can make it to the end of May before installing the window units.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Add me to the list of people thinking and praying for you and your family during this difficult time.  

We are here for you. As you know, often times the sense if loss is worse when everyone returns to their "normal" lives. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

The island is very busy today.    On our way home from Mustache Bills and a stroll around the lighthouse and the park there was a continuous flow of cars coming over the causeway to the island.   A lot of people coming down to open up their homes, just like us.      And I saw some of the hotels/motel parking lots are filling up too.      Busy busy but still very peaceful.     Back to work on the patio/flowers, etc.    

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Temp is 64 and very foggy and misty.    When I stand at the top of the beach you can hardly see the ocean.  I didn't get too far on my bike hopefully weather will be better tomorrow.   

Went to Murphy's food store and was shocked with some of their prices.    Spent a small fortune on lunchmeats, cheeses, steaks, burgers, etc for the week.    

Going to see if the diner Mustache Bill's near Barnegat Lighthouse is open for breakfast tomorrow.     Another great diner!

Sorry, I am behind.   Where are you at, RI?  51⁰ .I can't see far either.   Maybe I should get up and open the curtains.  😆 

We got our boarding passes for tomorrow.   Hope that goes well.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I’m so happy you are enjoying one of my favorite rums. Kraken is so versatile. Goes well with any rum based cocktail. I like to have a blend of light rum with dark rum. They work extremely well together.

I have heard Kraken mentioned here several times and now seeing hints of it everywhere.   Remember the bottle I posted    This is what I saw yesterday and thought of y'all.😁

Monorail 

image.thumb.png.5afe5ad88cc31e362e55989b0c331d2b.png

And at the Armory 

image.thumb.png.e0975fb52e5df3ab1e3f6e5ce2ba271c.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

We have been feeding a feral cat for years , we might not see him for a week or so but he always stops by , he got a double treat today I woke up and he was sitting on a bar stool , so I gave him a can of tuna which he finished in no time , my wife had left the house early to go to her weight watchers meeting, when she got back she told me and she also had given him a can of tuna, he must have been hungry.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2