Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I appreciate that information. It is a big eye opener for me that I have become way too comfortable and have let my guard down way too much with what I post here. This is something that I will rectify immediately. I am really annoyed with myself right now. All the best to you Len.....

Don't worry OB.

I always forget names and call everyone Mate for men and pet or darling for women (North East England Slang)

19 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

We've also been intrigued by a European river cruise but not sure that we'll ever do it.  We like to explore on our own and while that's acceptable, I don't think it's the norm.  I'm not really a get on the bus and follow the woman with the umbrella kind of guy.  We've heard good things about Viking and also have a few friends who swear by Tauck, both land tours and cruises.  Tauck looks interesting.

Tauck is definitely a step above Viking.  Another that is highly recommended is Scenic

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Well, if it's any consolation, I do not want to know your name. Don't you dare tell me! 😉

In all seriousness, I get where you are coming from. I too, kept things close to  the vest but slowly let my guard down a bit & wonder if I've revealed too much info. This is a great core group of people we have here & someday I hope to meet all of you in real life, even those who I may not necessary see eye-to-eye on certain things. But as we saw the other day, the front door is wide open and anybody can walk in, either announced or worse, in stalker mode.   Not referring to Robin, who seems to be friends with many here already.  Sometimes I wonder if it'd be better if this thread would be better off in a less-trafficked area like Floataway Lounge.

And even if I did find out your name, I'd probably forget it. Even when people post their names, I don't keep track. Too many Dani's, Debbie's, Sues, Johns, etc. And I don't even try to remember spouses or kids names.  That's why I always address people by their CC name.  Heck, I can barely keep track of the peoples names I know IRL.

Pretty much only @John&LaLa and @George C are the only names I can remember, for obvious reasons.LOL.

And Lenny, of course. 🙂

I e-mail with 12 people who post on CC.One of the 12 happened to read the posts between OB and myself when I posted that I believed that on a site where everyone is so friendly with each other I would think that a person would want to be addressed by a name.I posted on other cruise boards years ago and when I first joined I used my middle name.When I became a regular I told everyone my real first name.

The person who read the back and forth for whatever reason told me OB’s name.Perhaps that person had an ulterior motive thinking that I would tell OB,I have no idea.Under no circumstances would I ever post his name on here.

When OB posted in jest that maybe I would get a heart attack and other people thought that was funny I decided to tell him that I knew his name.

I enjoy reading the majority of his posts and having spent 38 years working with MD’s I have respect for him and I am truly sorry that we had the disagreement.

This morning I was very sick.I thought I was having a heart attack.I had chest pain and had trouble breathing.Along with all my other medical issues I also have had heart problems and it was really scary.We were at the local ER for most of the morning.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

The person who read the back and forth for whatever reason told me OB’s name.Perhaps that person had an ulterior motive thinking that I would tell OB,I have no idea.Under no circumstances would I ever post his name on here.

When OB posted in jest that maybe I would get a heart attack and other people thought that was funny I decided to tell him that I knew his name.

I bet @Ocean Boy had a heart attack when he found out you knew his real name. 😉😇  (just kidding).

But kudos' to you Lenny for: A) being upfront as to how you learned his name and B) saying you'd never post it here. I hope that eases some of @Ocean Boy concerns.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I enjoy reading the majority of his posts and having spent 38 years working with MD’s I have respect for him and I am truly sorry that we had the disagreement.

This morning I was very sick.I thought I was having a heart attack.I had chest pain and had trouble breathing.Along with all my other medical issues I also have had heart problems and it was really scary.We were at the local ER for most of the morning.

Scary stuff. Hope you are feeling better now.

What was the diagnosis? With this heat & humidity,  breathing can be a challenge to those with severe medical issues.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I bet @Ocean Boy had a heart attack when he found out you knew his real name. 😉😇  (just kidding).

But kudos' to you Lenny for: A) being upfront as to how you learned his name and B) saying you'd never post it here. I hope that eases some of @Ocean Boy concerns.

You,H ,are one of the nicest people that I have ever posted to on this thread.I did not read any other posts yet today but I wanted to explain this to you.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I e-mail with 12 people who post on CC.One of the 12 happened to read the posts between OB and myself when I posted that I believed that on a site where everyone is so friendly with each other I would think that a person would want to be addressed by a name.I posted on other cruise boards years ago and when I first joined I used my middle name.When I became a regular I told everyone my real first name.

I'm really sorry to hear about your health issues this morning Lenny.

Having had a heart attack myself I know how worrying it is.

No one even in jest should suggest anyone should have a heart attack and it is certainly not Funny.

I sincerely hope you are okay Lenny.

Prayers for your well-being from Pauline and myself.

Take care.

Graham.

• Like 6

Scary stuff. Hope you are feeling better now.

What was the diagnosis? With this heat & humidity,  breathing can be a challenge to those with severe medical issues.

My EKG was normal so additional tests were not done.I have an appointment with my Cardiologist for early Monday morning.The diagnosis was basically just the symptoms.Sunday is my birthday and my family is having a party with 79 people who will be celebrating my 79th. birthday .

My daughter and husband who live in upstate NY are coming here Saturday morning to spend the day,sleep over and take my wife and I to the party.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I'm really sorry to hear about your health issues this morning Lenny.

Having had a heart attack myself I know how worrying it is.

No one even in jest should suggest anyone should have a heart attack and it is certainly not Funny.

I sincerely hope you are okay Lenny.

Prayers for your well-being from Pauline and myself.

Take care.

Graham.

Thanks,Graham.I am resting in bed now.My daughters called me a little while ago to see how I am doing.There will be a birthday party for me on Sunday at my oldest daughters home .She wanted to cancel it but I told her I will be fine I am looking forward to it.This will be my first party since my family made me a celebration of life party 4 years ago when I was quite ill and frankly did not expect to be on the planet much longer.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

You,H ,are one of the nicest people that I have ever posted to on this thread.I did not read any other posts yet today but I wanted to explain this to you.

Thank you Lenny. As always, you are class act and a gentleman all the way. 👍

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

My EKG was normal so additional tests were not done.I have an appointment with my Cardiologist for early Monday morning.The diagnosis was basically just the symptoms.Sunday is my birthday and my family is having a party with 79 people who will be celebrating my 79th. birthday .

My daughter and husband who live in upstate NY are coming here Saturday morning to spend the day,sleep over and take my wife and I to the party.

Enjoy your birthday party. I'm not sure I know 79 people, much less 79 people that would attend a party in my honor.

I'd be really impressed if you could remember the names of all 79 people! 😊😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Enjoy your birthday party. I'm not sure I know 79 people, much less 79 people that would attend a party in my honor.

I'd be really impressed if you could remember the names of all 79 people! 😊😉

These are relatives,primarily,good friends and neighbors,plus my two granddogs

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

FWIW, I seem to remember someone posted OB’s name many, many months ago.  It was so memorable I have no idea what it was or if it really was posted😳

@Ocean Boy

Marietta, trust my memory, it was NEVER posted. OB made it quite clearly that he values his privacy, and he has our respect for that, as well as all the others, who prefer to remain "incognito". That's why I think that the "I know your real name" was uncalled for.

OB's only "sin" was that he let it slip when his birthday was, and I made a note of it, as I do for all the "regulars" here 😉

• Like 15

2 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

@Ocean Boy

Marietta, trust my memory, it was NEVER posted. OB made it quite clearly that he values his privacy, and he has our respect for that, as well as all the others, who prefer to remain "incognito". That's why I think that the "I know your real name" was uncalled for.

OB's only "sin" was that he let it slip when his birthday was, and I made a note of it, as I do for all the "regulars" here 😉

I did not feel that his saying in jest that I would have a heart attack if I knew his name was warranted. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

+1

You mean OB is not his name!

If anyone watched the TV show M*A*S*H, there was an episode where Hawkeye tried everything to find out BJ's first name.  FINALLY, BJ said he was named after his parents, Bea and Jay.

I'm sorry the name topic was initially introduced.

11 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Thanks,Graham.I am resting in bed now.My daughters called me a little while ago to see how I am doing.There will be a birthday party for me on Sunday at my oldest daughters home .She wanted to cancel it but I told her I will be fine I am looking forward to it.This will be my first party since my family made me a celebration of life party 4 years ago when I was quite ill and frankly did not expect to be on the planet much longer.

Hope you're feeling better and have a wonderful birthday celebration.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

@Ocean Boy

I tend to agree Dani. There was no need to bring up the topic (again) when we all know and respect his position on it.  
People on this thread are going to disagree, just like any close knit group or family.  I only hope it doesn’t get derailed and that no one leaves the group because of it.  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

If anyone watched the TV show M*A*S*H, there was an episode where Hawkeye tried everything to find out BJ's first name.  FINALLY, BJ said he was named after his parents, Bea and Jay.

I'm sorry the name topic was initially introduced.

Hope you're feeling better and have a wonderful birthday celebration.

Thank you,Bonnie.

38 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Glad you are home.  Enjoy your party, it sounds like it will be a lot of fun.

• Like 1

I don't know how we got in the whole first name topic. But I do know that posting on Internet forums is an "imperfect" form of communication. "Imperfect" because while we feel like we truly know each other as "friends who have not yet met" after years of back-n-forth, do we really know each other?

For example, I posted not too long ago that my dry sarcastic sense of humor - while I'm sure it's hilarious in person 😉 - does not come across well in writing.  I learned this many years ago on other forums when I accidentally offended several people.  So I've tried to tone myself down. Add to this, there are a few people here that are good friends in real life who may joke back-n-forth and it's easy to let our guard down and join in.

In my humble opinion, I believe that some of the "personality conflicts" here are a result of miscommunication or misinterpretation of certain posts.   Best to take a deep breath, step away for a bit if needed, and then come back and move on.

I think some cute pet pictures are in order. But I don't have a pet. At least, not yet. 🙂

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I forgot about that MASH reveal!  Thanks.  Considering Charlie watches every episode you would think I would have remembered.  
Dani, thank you for your great memory.  Today I couldn’t even remember the type car my daughter has and she lives here!!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5