Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

8 hours ago, George C said:

Read that are average summer we hit 100 , 20 times we are about 25 so far , definitely one of the hottest I have seen in my 40 years in Dallas, but not close to the record.

7 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Good to see you are still with us. 

Gas has gone down to $4.55 / gal in our area.    We had reached $5.09 end of May/beginning of June.   Let's get it back in the low $3's to at least where we were right before covid (I prefer even lower but I'll accept 3's easier than current).

I never thought I would be thankful to see gas at $3.88 as I did yesterday.

6 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Excuse me, do you mean my dear friend Taylor?😁

Quoted in error.

Funny, I was unable to add a comment under George's post which would have been "Enough 100+ temps already!"

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I never thought I would be thankful to see gas at $3.88 as I did yesterday.

Quoted in error.

Funny, I was unable to add a comment under George's post which would have been "Enough 100+ temps already!"

I saw 3.75 today 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Vibe said:

You can visit this website. Scroll to the 2nd page and click on the blue brochure downloads for more details

https://unicorp.com/project/otown-west

There is a new street: Daryl Carter Pkwy that goes from there to I-Drive. Additional shopping along the way.

Enjoy your visit.

Thank you so much.

Graham.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

No isolation?  Are covid folk allowed to go anywhere?

Ankle news.  I can stand on both feet BUT when I attempt to walk, my "bad" foot is in extreme pain.  Can't wait for PT to do its magic.  Baby steps..literally.

Car story just because:  I was driving alone in NY on the Palisades Interstate Parkway when the driver of a car decided to have fun with me, driving in back of me much too closely, cutting me off, seemingly following me when I attempted to change lanes.  I exited, he followed and I drove right into the parking lot of the Police Dept.  The jerk drove on.  I waited a few minutes, went inside and a policeman was kind enough to follow me home, made sure I got into my house safely. BTW this was before cell phones were the norm.

Covid positive people are strongly advised to stay at home for five days but no mandate or law any more.  Employers expect you to WFH if you are well enough to work. 

Hope your ankle heals fast and you are pain free soon Bonnie

Scarey driving story. I had something similar driving home late at night from Heathrow after a late shift.  Don't know if I had unwittingly cut him up or what but he kept over taking me on the motorway and then slowing down forcing me to slow down to an upsafe speed . I would overtake him and he would speed up, overtake me and then slow down. This happened three or four times till I left the motorway 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, ATG said:

We have been in Europe for a river cruise the last few weeks.  Today I went to the grocery to fill up my empty refrigerator.  I knew prices had gone up, but was quite surprised that eggs were $4.15 a dozen.  And that’s the Publix store brand ones, not the fancy ones!  Is South Carolina an anomaly or is this everywhere?

Hope you enjoyed your river cruise, more details please 🙏 

Wow that's expensive for eggs. They've gone up here too, I normally get large but moved to medium size, they were £1.90 a dozen last time I shopped 

• Like 4

We received 3/4” of rain in 15 minutes last night.

The tornado warning turned into a watch and a storm chaser took this photo 15 minutes away from our home. After the storm passed I drove around our farms and thankfully just a large limb down on our lawn. When we woke our generator had shut off and it ran for at least 10 hours yesterday. 

1E625FA6-784C-4551-8B89-6ECAF79D0FF2.thumb.jpeg.f4aeac6b67ba80fca92d23025c357b6e.jpeg  

• Like 16

18 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

The tornado warning turned into a watch and a storm chaser took this photo 15 minutes away from our home. After the storm passed I drove around our farms and thankfully just a large limb down on our lawn. When we woke our generator had shut off and it ran for at least 10 hours yesterday. 

1E625FA6-784C-4551-8B89-6ECAF79D0FF2.thumb.jpeg.f4aeac6b67ba80fca92d23025c357b6e.jpeg  

That is scary weather!

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Beautiful picture but scary that's one big storm. Thank goodness you had minimal damage.

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Lunch today.

IMG_20220721_121156.jpg

Great looking pizza Graham. Enjoy every bite.

@aussielozzie18 Happiest of Birthdays wished to you on your latest trip around the sun. Cheers to you!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, George C said:

I saw 3.75 today 

More good news.  Today will "only" get as high as 98 with rain.  Yes!  However, we are back to 100+ tomorrow for the next few days.

On a totally different note, if a poster chooses to not divulge his/her name, I totally honor and respect his/her right to privacy.  I enjoy "talking" to all posters in here.  Knowing their names is optional.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, Keksie said:

Been gone all day.  Knitting in Pensacola and then had to pick up an injured opossum who is hanging out in one of my bathrooms until I can get him to the refuge in the morning.  No time to really catch up with the thread but have a good evening everyone.  

Good luck with the opossum. My dog goes to physical therapy a few times a week so while he is doing his thing I have been bottle feeding baby raccoons. Mama was found dead with 4 surviving babies. My time with them will be ending soon as they are starting to eat solids and will be released into the wild when they are ready so I'm enjoying every minute I get with them.

• Like 9

Just found out both my brother and sister has Covid , both are vaccinated and boosted and both have very mild symptoms, weird that it happen same time my brother is in Florida sister currently in Boston, glad we got our second booster last week. 

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

Good luck with the opossum. My dog goes to physical therapy a few times a week so while he is doing his thing I have been bottle feeding baby raccoons. Mama was found dead with 4 surviving babies. My time with them will be ending soon as they are starting to eat solids and will be released into the wild when they are ready so I'm enjoying every minute I get with them.

Baby raccoons are so much fun.  We still have a couple at the refuge on the bottle.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Lunch today.

IMG_20220721_121156.jpg

We’re you able to pick up a slice and eat it without losing any of the toppings?

it looks like mozzarella, onions, tomatoes, mushrooms..what else?

it has me wanting pizza!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1