Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

My first car was a 1973 Capri standard.  It was supposed to be for my older sister but she couldn't handle a stick shift.  We lived on a really big hill and she stopped on the hill to talk to my parents and got stuck since she couldn't balance the clutch.  My Dad thought it was hysterical as she kept stalling the car repeatedly and my type A personality sister told him "she failed to see the humor in the situation" and got out of the car and walked home lol  She refused to drive it again.  I was only 16 1/2 at the time with a brand new license in my pocket.  My Dad took me and the car to a parking lot, showed me what I needed to do to drive a stick shift and he went for a run.  I was flying around the parking lot by the time he got back and drove us home!  I never to the bus to school again.  

Back seat in that car was tiny but it did have bucket seats that reclined 😄 

My first car was also a 1973 Mercury Capri! I remember those reclining bucket seats well. 

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I wish I had the pictures to prove it, but in the mid 70's I had a Ford van that I had customized. Remember when customizing vans was a big thing? Now mainly it was to haul my drums around to gigs but it had orange and brown shag carpeting on the floor and walls. A raised bed in the back with orange plush velvet, wood paneled ceiling with airplane lights. Speakers in the front of the raised bed and swivel captain chairs. I always got kidded about it as people would say "if the vans a rockin' don't bother come knockin' " Oh how I loved the 70's.

Do you remember the song “Chevy Van”? My Dad would never have let me go out with a boy who had a van, but for some reason he wasn’t worried about big back seats LOL.  Yes, the 70’s were great. I graduated from high school in 1975. 

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Does Taylor give free concerts for the residents of the town in which you both reside?

The lead singer of a band that is in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame who lives in the same town as me gives free concerts for the residents .

Thank would be NO.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Ok, so why is it called "neat".

Molly beat me to it.

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

A “neat” drink is a pure spirit, poured into a glass with no other ingredients added, not even ice. Whiskey is a very common spirit to drink neat, but that's different from a shot. A whiskey neat is usually two ounces, not chilled, poured directly into a NEAT glass.

Thank you!

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

I picked up a bottle of Wild Turkey Father & Son 13 year the last time I was in Gulmohar's Whiskey Paradise on St. Maarten.  The owner talked me into it, since it wasn't available in the US.  It's really good but I don't think it's worth the price.  

I’ve never heard of that. How much was it? Kinda of like Blanton’s Black Label. I know you can’t get it in the YS but I’m not for paying a bunch of money for it. Out of all the Wild Turkey I think Rare Breed is there best and affordable.

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

And I am sure the neighborhood Father's locked the doors to their Daughter's rooms when they saw that van - 🤣🤣🤣

Yep!

1 hour ago, George C said:

My dad also had one about a 1964 , red and white.

speaking of wild Turkey that was always my favorite bourbon but not a big bourbon drinker . One of my favorite all time songs is “Up against the wall redneck mother “ made famous by my favorite country singer Jerry Jeff Walker, one line in that song is “ drinking lone star beer and washing it down with wild Turkey bourbon whiskey “ he big claim to fame was writing Mr  Bojangles . 

I remember that song well.

2 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

My first car was also a 1973 Mercury Capri! I remember those reclining bucket seats well. 

Do you remember the song “Chevy Van”? My Dad would never have let me go out with a boy who had a van, but for some reason he wasn’t worried about big back seats LOL.  Yes, the 70’s were great. I graduated from high school in 1975. 

1975 For me too. Great year.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I’ve never heard of that. How much was it? Kinda of like Blanton’s Black Label. I know you can’t get it in the YS but I’m not for paying a bunch of money for it. Out of all the Wild Turkey I think Rare Breed is there best and affordable.

I don't remember the price but I think it was around $150.  I see it online for around $300 but I'm sure that's inflated because it's not easy to get. It's only 86 proof, which turns off a lot of bourbon lovers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

Been gone all day.  Knitting in Pensacola and then had to pick up an injured opossum who is hanging out in one of my bathrooms until I can get him to the refuge in the morning.  No time to really catch up with the thread but have a good evening everyone.  

Thanks for doing the rescue.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Too funny!  Mine was metallic green.  I loved that little car.

Mine was blue, also a 4 speed stick shift.  My girlfriends and I got up to no good in that car!  In fact I’m going to the beach with 3 of them Friday and I’m sure there’ll be some reminiscing about our shenanigans.  

• Like 7

Regarding river cruising, I'm intrigued by the idea. Several years ago, I checked out a few Europeans  ones. Viking and Avalon were a few. After doing some research, I realized I think I like the idea of a river cruise rather than the actual cruise itself. Why? I'm of the mindset that the ship is the destination and the ports are secondary. Just a place to get you feet on dry land for a few ours. River cruising is the exact opposite.  I'm sure the ships are beautiful and the staff wonderful but their small size certainly limits the amenities. 

Basically, River cruising is so different from Ocean cruising that I'd need to forget everything I love (and hate) about cruising on Royal and go with a completely open mind set.  I may do it one year if the right opportunity presents itself. Although at the tender age of 57, I should wait at least 10 more years, lest I be banished to the Kids Club 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

So for the next two hours I'll be listening to my buddy Rob Martinez's Christmas in July radio program from WBOI NPR in Fort Wayne Indiana. He's a great guy who has thousands of Christmas Records. This is a two special of all requests. If your interested in some very obscure Christmas music join us!

https://www.wboi.org/?fbclid=IwAR3d_0P7nKgizaf17C6DMWq8ERNlxOC33QCERgVMhgF32Mb7MWzjeLTJhV4

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Does Taylor give free concerts for the residents of the town in which you both reside?

The lead singer of a band that is in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame who lives in the same town as me gives free concerts for the residents .

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'm intrigued.  Who is the lead singer that gives free concerts?

Me too.  Is the answer Joan Jett?

https://www.longislandpress.com/2022/07/12/joan-jett-and-the-blackhearts-concert-eisenhower-park/

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Just finished watching recording of BD DU.  

I like this Captain.   Benny has some things to deal with and probably best if he does quit.   The ]Chef, I just want to smack down.  

Totally agree. Love Captain Jason. Not afraid to do crew work. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you.

Next time we visit is next autumn and we are flying into Melbourne international airport with TUI as we can get a direct flight from our local airport.

Usually we fly with Virgin Atlantic from Manchester into Orlando international.

Pauline will be delighted to hear about a new shopping centre.

Graham.

You can visit this website. Scroll to the 2nd page and click on the blue brochure downloads for more details

https://unicorp.com/project/otown-west

There is a new street: Daryl Carter Pkwy that goes from there to I-Drive. Additional shopping along the way.

Enjoy your visit.

Edited by Vibe
fix link
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Russian Blues don't have any pigment in the tips of their hair shafts so they are very silvery looking depending on how the light hits them. I think that picture was a bit over exposed. It was very bright in the room. She is darker than she looks in that picture.

I didn’t know they don’t have any pigment in the tips.

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

This picture shows her actual color much better.

20220708_160816.thumb.jpg.981db8234d24efe54791fffa800c1764.jpg

Beautiful color.

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

I have known your name for quite some time .

That must have taken a lot of research or someone told you. 🤔

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

The internet is a scary place.

👍🏼

Edited by ReneeFLL

38 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I didn’t know they don’t have any pigment in the tips.

I'm thinking similar to a Siamese, but not as drastic of a change.  If you look closely at any cat hair, you will see it is not one color. 😻

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

OMG they are both Humongous!!

How tall is that sunflower - 15 to 20 feet tall.    

Good old NJ soil.

Your Mom looks so cute standing next to it😍

It was about 13ft 6"............the stalk was about the size of your forearm.

• Like 3