Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

We are going to finally check in for our B2B today.  I'm guessing it doesn't matter what time I put for our second part of the B2B, correct??  since we would be taken off the ship with the group of B2Bers after the first leg??

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Luckynana said:

We are going to finally check in for our B2B today.  I'm guessing it doesn't matter what time I put for our second part of the B2B, correct??  since we would be taken off the ship with the group of B2Bers after the first leg??

Correct.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

My ride home has arrived at the gate. Whew. 

Glad your plane is there.  According to Flightaware, FLL is having departure delays of 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes and increasing due to thunderstorms.  All inbound flights are being held at their origins until 11:30am.

https://flightaware.com/live/airport/delays

I hope you get out of their soon!

Flightaware has a really good app too that is worth downloading.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Glad your plane is there.  According to Flightaware, FLL is having departure delays of 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes and increasing due to thunderstorms.  All inbound flights are being held at their origins until 11:30am.

https://flightaware.com/live/airport/delays

I hope you get out of their soon!

Flightaware has a really good app too that is worth downloading.

They have started boarding. Estimated 20 late departure. I have 1 hr to make a connection in Baltimore to Providence. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

They have started boarding. Estimated 20 late departure. I have 1 hr to make a connection in Baltimore to Providence. 

Have a safe jouney back home OB.

I wasn't prepard for your cruise to end so soon😁. Will miss your pictures! Perhaps you can post one of Jade after you settle in ?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

If you miss that flight, Carnival Legend is in the Baltimore Port right now, you could jump on that.

• Haha 8

2 hours ago, mo&fran said:

Our fist cruise as Pinn is over. 2 weeks on Harmony. Some nice surprises, but at the end, not so nice.  Could not find my suitcase when we got off. Searched all over the luggage hall, with the help of numerous porters, no luck.  I could wait awhile to see if it shows up, but we have a B3B coming up next Sunday, so I need to get a new suitcase, and a lot of clothes. Then , when we got home, my laptop refused to boot up. It is dead.  I need it to print luggage tags for our next cruise. So, off to Best Buy for a new computer. At least these days every thing from the old computer is stored on the cloud, so really didn't lose much there.

Then we get the 6 free drinks now, but we never used them all. Guess I just cannot drink that much anymore. 

Congratulations on your first cruise as Pinnacles.  Sorry to hear about your lost bag, and I hope it get found.

Your problem with your computer reminds me that I need to do a new backup on ours.  Been meaning to do that.

And as far as your unused drink vouchers, if we meet up on a cruise again, I may be able to help you out with those. 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Flightware currently shows you at the gate in BWI at 2:10...about 25 minutes late.  Hopefully they can make up some time in the air.  Good luck.

Taxi Time at 23 minutes now, still on the ground. Would think that 2:10 landing time will now get later.

Thunder Storms are just off the coast to the east, they should be able to take off soon I would think.

In the Air now, 3 miles flown , new arrival time at the gate now is 2:20 pm

Edited by Jimbo

3 hours ago, mo&fran said:

I buy a freestyle soda cup since the chip does not have my drink mixer, caffeine free diet   Coke, and when I went to get the cup, the guy saw my gold seapass card, and got on his phone, and found out that I now get a 40% credit for the cup, which is actually good for 2 weeks, even though you only pay for the one voyage.

That's the first I've heard about the 40% off for Pins being able to be applied to a soda package.  I thought it was just for the Dlx drink package.  I will definitely have to check and see if I can get the 30% for D+ applied to a refreshment package on board.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Taxi Time at 23 minutes now, still on the ground. Would think that 2:10 landing time will now get later.

Thunder Storms are just off the coast to the east, they should be able to take off soon I would think.

He is in the air now.  It is going to be a tough connection to make.  He is coming into gate B13 and leaving from A7.  Fingers crossed.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

He is in the air now.  It is going to be a tough connection to make.  He is coming into gate B13 and leaving from A7.  Fingers crossed.

yes, say goodbye to that luggage 

Better hope his seat is not at the back of the plane...........

Edited by Jimbo

14 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

yes, say goodbye to that luggage 

Better hope his seat is not at the back of the plane...........

He is flying SWA, he doesn't have a seat assignment.  He will have to take what is available once he makes the run from gate to gate.  Hopefully, one of the flights has a gate change it they are closer together.

On 2/4/2023 at 12:44 PM, dani negreanu said:

@Sea Dog

+ 3 👍

I got Covid end of June, and I was fatigued at least 3 to 4 months. Actually being sick with fever and headache -- only 2 days.

@BonTexasNY

+ 1 👍

@h20skibum

+ 3 👍

@bobmacliberty

+ 1 

@ReneeFLL

Such a bummer that AA is cancelling the MIA-TLV route. I know that ElAl found it unprofitable and closed it, and then re-opened it several times. Only ElAl and AA have direct flights, I've checked them when I was hoping to join the Bella cruise...

Such a coincidence Mike taking a pic of a windsurfer, who turns out is a good friend of DS1 (who is also windsurfing, surfing and SUP). I've shown him the pic, knowing that's their daily "turf".... rise and shine...

E9562EF1-F77F-46F6-9DA5-956D36742704.thumb.jpeg.3cb7aee47d4f444a177bc20744522d5f.jpeg

Here're some other pics of the surfer with the green board --

image.thumb.jpeg.6122ba0af088c70d512dc94cb28b28fa.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.154494814741f078f68d9b4db799b30c.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.190b07e731ee004260da7c6905aad98a.jpeg

Great pictures. Not sure why Mike’s are so bad. 😃 Here is another one with 2 windsurfers.

81A7D03C-0467-41F6-84C8-B19769B15808.thumb.jpeg.d67332440410031302d6e5d09e86f862.jpeg

On 2/4/2023 at 12:57 PM, Lionesss said:

Top news stories.

The 2 weather balloons, and I hope they are just that, amazing how 2 can venture off their intended paths.  Praying that they do not contain biological or chemical warfare (I read to much).

And

The train derailment in Ohio, is just a mere 30 ish, miles from where we live.

The news broke last night when our friends shared on The other social media site that something BIG was going on, with the Police evacuating them from their homes.

Guess if you read the stories 50 cars derailed carrying some "contaminate." 

Rescue squads and first responders were removed from clean up because of the possibility of toxic fumes. Train cars were exploding.....

Praying for safety in all that could cause harm.

Be safe

Wow, sorry to hear about the derailment. Hope everyone is ok.

6 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Very rainy and not very nice weather in Ft. Lauderdale this morning. It is a better day to end rather than start a cruise. 

It rained the entire night last night. Glad you enjoyed your cruise.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

He is flying SWA, he doesn't have a seat assignment.  He will have to take what is available once he makes the run from gate to gate.  Hopefully, one of the flights has a gate change it they are closer together.

I'm not talking about the plane he is getting on at BWI to Providence...................I'm talking about the seat he has on the current plane he is on that he is going to get off at in BWI..............

When off loading if he is sitting in the back of the plane can take an additional 15 minutes or more to get off that plane if he is sitting at the back of the plane.

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That's the first I've heard about the 40% off for Pins being able to be applied to a soda package.  I thought it was just for the Dlx drink package.  I will definitely have to check and see if I can get the 30% for D+ applied to a refreshment package on board.

That was something  I never expected. Even as D+ , I always got the cup in the pub, and a couple of times they just gave me one for free.

One funny thing, they give us a receipt with the drinks, and we add a tip for the waiter. AS we got close to the end of the cruise, those tips were not showing up on the account tab of the phone app, looking like they had not processed those receipts. In fact the app also took a long time to show any purchases, but when I got the final statement in the mail, those charges were all there.

• Like 2