Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

We booked the Grandeur cruise and I have a couple of questions for those who have cruised recently.  I have read about getting boarding times.  How is that done?  We will have the Key so does that just give us an early boarding time?

We are struggling to find what to do in Costa Maya.  We went to Maya Chan last time.  It will be closed while we are there because of the seaweed.  I don't think we want to do another beach club because of said seaweed.  There is a river rafting excursion at Bacalar.  It seems that the drive to and from will be long so we are not sure if that would be worth the drive.  We do not want to do ruins or climb a lot of steps (my knees protest).  Any suggestions or should we just stay on the ship?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Keksie said:

We booked the Grandeur cruise and I have a couple of questions for those who have cruised recently.  I have read about getting boarding times.  How is that done?  We will have the Key so does that just give us an early boarding time?

We are struggling to find what to do in Costa Maya.  We went to Maya Chan last time.  It will be closed while we are there because of the seaweed.  I don't think we want to do another beach club because of said seaweed.  There is a river rafting excursion at Bacalar.  It seems that the drive to and from will be long so we are not sure if that would be worth the drive.  We do not want to do ruins or climb a lot of steps (my knees protest).  Any suggestions or should we just stay on the ship?

We are renting a golf cart to ride around the Island.  Very reasonable.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We’re sailing on the 26th on Wonder. 
Looking at my app, at the dining times in the MDRs, all 3 of them, the only lunch time that appears anywhere is for The Key. 
Thise of you who have recently sailed, did any of you have lunch in the MDR?

I usually eat there at least once on a sea day, but the app shows nada!

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

This cat has not left me alone since I got home. 

Screenshot_20221217_104704_Gallery.thumb.jpg.19a0b8ff0d45bb8a08bd02e6aad564a7.jpg

20230205_203150.thumb.jpg.14579d8615aaf2d9fb874d71d8b1c910.jpg

Sweet Jade missed you.  When we got back from our manatee trip our cats and dogs kept going down the hall looking for the house sitters.  I guess that is a good sign but it wouldn't hurt if they seemed to have missed us a little bit.  Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

This cat has not left me alone since I got home. 

Screenshot_20221217_104704_Gallery.thumb.jpg.19a0b8ff0d45bb8a08bd02e6aad564a7.jpg

20230205_203150.thumb.jpg.14579d8615aaf2d9fb874d71d8b1c910.jpg

Coming home to to a pet that loves you helps ease the reality that your wonderful vacation has come to an end.  🐈🐶❤️

• Like 11

Just hosted our monthly poker game , had a win but nothing huge , on somewhat a streak. Several players bring wine to share I am normally just a Cabernet, merlot and Chianti guy but someone brought Elyse Petit Sirah extremely tasty will need to buy a few bottles. 

Edited by George C
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

We’re sailing on the 26th on Wonder. 
Looking at my app, at the dining times in the MDRs, all 3 of them, the only lunch time that appears anywhere is for The Key. 
Thise of you who have recently sailed, did any of you have lunch in the MDR?

I usually eat there at least once on a sea day, but the app shows nada!

A lotbofvthings in the app don't update until you board.  If you want to see it with some accuracy change the sailing to the current weeks sailing. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Keksie said:

Your arrival time is assigned/chosen when you do the online check-in at 45 days out (via website or app).  If you have The Key, you can go at any time, regardless of your assigned time.  

Remember that it's an arrival time, though -- not a boarding time.  When I was on Grandeur a couple months ago, they had to seat us all in the terminal for a couple of hours while they realigned the gangway, supposedly due to tide changes.  I thought it was ridiculous that it took them that long -- it doesn't take that long to set it up when we arrive in port!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, mo&fran said:

Could not find my suitcase when we got off. Searched all over the luggage hall, with the help of numerous porters, no luck.  I could wait awhile to see if it shows up, but we have a B3B coming up next Sunday, so I need to get a new suitcase, and a lot of clothes.

I had that happen in Canaveral back in 2019.  A couple from England took my purple bag and left their purple bag.  They were driving to Orlando and didn't answer their phone.  By the time they figured it out and got back to Canaveral to switch bags, I was at the Orlando airport.  Royal stuck a big FedEx label on my suitcase and sent it to my home address. 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Glad to hear it is going to warm up for you!  We talked to our daughter in Ct. and she said the pipe in her kitchen froze;  luckily it didn't burst!  I forget what the minus negative temp was that she told us.  She is a teacher, and has out door duty when the kids are arriving in the morning, and when they leave in the afternoon.  That is one miserable job when it is so frigid outside!  Brrr!!

Tell her in the future, to make sure she opens all the cabinets under the sinks -- it allows more warm room air to have access to the pipes and prevent freezing.  

Also, if she has any incandescent light bulbs, putting a lamp (or droplight) under the sink will give off heat, too (watch for flammable cleaning products or things like spare toilet paper, etc., that could catch on fire).  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Is Grove City anywhere near West Grove? I made some friends in the Schooner Bar from there. 

West Grove is in the eastern part of the state.  Grove City is in the western part of the state, just north of Pittsburgh. 

oops, I see this was already answered.    

Nice pictures of Jade. 

Edited by h20skibum

2 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

@h20skibum

Mark, my thoughts are with your daughter.

Does she see the end of the "tunnel"?😘

Dani, thank you for asking.

Last week was the last of her chemotherapy sessions before surgery.  Next week will be more testing in preparation for surgery the following week.  The doctors are encouraged by her progress, but they need to wait until after surgery and any necessary biopsies to determine what may be needed next.  We are not ready to stop holding our breath yet.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 3

Yesterday my youngest son got tickets for his companies box at The O2 for the Strictly Come Dancing Tour (like Dancing with the Stars in USA). He asked hubby and I as an early birthday present for me.

Love the banter between the judges, great singers and great music and of course great dancing.  It was especially lovely having a day out with my son.

First time with a night out in London for ages, wow have drink prices gone up! 

On the way back our train stopped at our stop but doors didn't open, maybe we were in the wrong carriage but there was no signage.  We ended up in Reading and have to get a taxi home.

The O2 is in the east of London, where the docks use to be in days gone by

20230205_145130.thumb.jpg.23b6508671883facc218a83bc6c52c87.jpg

Hubby and son. You can do a walk across the top of The O2

20230205_171048_resized.thumb.jpg.a6ecfac1f0ed17b95e941fd9f1d04125.jpg

Stage from our seats. There is another whole section above us. It's a big space

20230205_181138.thumb.jpg.62b6865e6ae22f728bb95d3c9147152b.jpg

20230205_190039.thumb.jpg.f4adff96ffe8f857309d9d1ee1151761.jpg

20230205_183821.thumb.jpg.ff0afb448cb3a82641b5c2a8ec42f686.jpg

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 18

5 hours ago, brillohead said:

Tell her in the future, to make sure she opens all the cabinets under the sinks -- it allows more warm room air to have access to the pipes and prevent freezing.  

Also, if she has any incandescent light bulbs, putting a lamp (or droplight) under the sink will give off heat, too (watch for flammable cleaning products or things like spare toilet paper, etc., that could catch on fire).  

Thank you, Debbie.  Yeah..she realized after the fact that she hadn't opened the cabinet in the kitchen.  She also began to let her faucet drip after she got it defrosted.  Interesting and brilliant suggestion about the light bulbs and/or droplight to give off heat.  I will definitely pass these suggestions on to all of my daughters!🥰

• Like 3

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Last week was the last of her chemotherapy sessions before surgery.  Next week will be more testing in preparation for surgery the following week.  The doctors are encouraged by her progress, but they need to wait until after surgery and any necessary biopsies to determine what may be needed next.  We are not ready to stop holding our breath yet.

Mark, we're all rooting for your daughter.  She, as well as all of you have had a long journey.  Praying that all goes well with her testing, and for the surgery that will follow.  It's good to hear that her doctors are encouraged.  God Bless.  You all are in my prayers.🙏🙏

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Keksie said:

When you check in for the cruise (online about 35 days before  sail date or whenever available) there will be time slots to select. The Key will not give you a particular time, you pick your own time from the list. Then whenever you get to the port, you will be in a priority line. But if you want to avail the embarcation lunch (perk of the Key), I would say pick anything before 12 noon so you have enough time to check in at the port and get to your lunch without rushing. At the port you will be directed to priority and will probably board via the suites /Key line.

So happy you are cruising again. Enjoy Enjoy Enjoy! The Grandeur was our 12 night cruise out of Baltimore right before pandemic shut down. She did one more final sailing after that. It has its goods and not so goods, but I really enjoyed the cruise.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Happy to hear the doctors feel there is progress. I will keep her in my thoughts. Thank you for the update.

• Like 1

Good morning!  I’ve just spent the last 2 hours catching up on this thread while enjoying my coffee. 
Sorry for being m.i.a. last week but internet on the ship was cr@p.  Yesterday was a tiring travel day, lots of delays but we made it home around 11:00 last night.  
I need to go out for groceries but I’ll be back later today to post about our experience once I’ve had time to put my thoughts together.  Spoiler alert:  we won’t be sailing on NCL again.  

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1