Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 minute ago, jmh2006 said:

Now that is a happy ending!!

As I was starting to leave he says... If you decide you don't want it you can return it for a refund. I looked and said... Fat chance of that happening... And we both laughed. 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I agree completely.  I also like Music Hall on Q class a lot.  I don't like the layout of Dazzles/Music Hall on O class.  Too long and skinny with bad sight lines.  Still, I think I prefer O class to Q class.  I like the Royal Promenade more than the disjointed Royal Esplanade.  We sail in suites and I like the Q class Coastal Kitchen better, but I really like the whole deck 17 of O class with the combined CK/SL area.

Wow, it's like you read my mind and posted. 

Music Hall is much better. 

So much easier to get around for us on O class.  Might be because we are on O class more but I think it's layout is better. 

We have not done a suite on Q but the combined ck/sl area is nice on O class. I liked doing breakfast and lunch there. 

I think the Q was much better suited for the colder Alaska cruise.  I am assuming the closer we get to Vancouver this May, the cooler it will get and we will appreciate be on Ovation more than an O class. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Did he stick the landing or wipeout?

Well, JC, to say the truth, I hadn't the foggiest idea what you're asking me ☹️

I had to recourse to my son, who replied: "He sticks every landing".

And sent me another pic of his friend "in action" 😉 --

image.thumb.jpeg.c9459987343917b0cca6d8338d5c07c5.jpeg

I rest my case.

• Like 16

1 minute ago, dani negreanu said:

I rest my case.

I guess that answers your question, JC. 

9 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

As I was starting to leave he says... If you decide you don't want it you can return it for a refund. I looked and said... Fat chance of that happening... And we both laughed. 😁

That was excellent customer service. To contact you to say it’s available, and then to offer a refund if you change your mind!

• Like 5

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I agree completely.  I also like Music Hall on Q class a lot.  I don't like the layout of Dazzles/Music Hall on O class.  Too long and skinny with bad sight lines.  Still, I think I prefer O class to Q class.  I like the Royal Promenade more than the disjointed Royal Esplanade.  We sail in suites and I like the Q class Coastal Kitchen better, but I really like the whole deck 17 of O class with the combined CK/SL area.

I am a huge O class fan thanks to the Aqua Theater. And I, too, prefer the Royal Promenade over the Royal Esplanade. However, activities on O class are much more weather dependent. Get some rain and it has a big affect on an O class ship. 

I had concerns about booking Odyssey. Dates and pricing factored into my decision to pull the trigger and  I'm finding myself with no regrets. I have thoroughly enjoyed this ship. It definitely has some querky design issues with its choppiness but I can get past it. For someone like me who is a big Windjammer person, this ship wins big time in both functionality and food quality. I'm not sure why they put the Cafe Promenade and Sorrento's next to each other. On F class the separation helps break up the crowd of people. 

will always be an O class fan but I would have no problem mixing up O class and Q class sailings. And I'm starting to think that I might prefer Odyssey to V/F class. I'm not yet sure about that. It has been a great week. No regrets. And I'd be happy to sail this ship again. 

• Like 20

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Mine did but not all insurance. My understanding is that the insurance companies want other things like steroid shots first and then if that doesn’t work then Syndisc. It used to be not covered at all but the insurance companies are coming around. So far this is working great.

I am going to mention this to him.  I think he has done the steroid shot. 

I am playing the insurance circus right now.  I have been on just about every statin there is trying to find one that I could tolerate. Over last year statins have been very hard on me.  I am trying to switch to Repatha.  I got the 1st month but have to have my doctor jump through hoops so I can continue with it. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NHProud said:

Thank you all for for your suggestions from don’t look in the mirror and holding on to the railing.  I appreciate your kindness . 

Being one that slid down the carpeted stairs twice last year may I also suggest take you take your time going down and avoid stepping on the edge of the steps.  I guess I didn't learn from the 1st slide down 😂

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

The wind was howling here all night.    Right now we are 20 f with no wind, much better today then yesterday.  Bright sunny sky.    Tomorrow we expect a high of 49f and 60 by Thursday.     

Did the ice storms hit there?  I am guessing not like Texas and Arkansas since it gets colder there and more likely to get snow than ice. 

4 hours ago, NHProud said:

You’re lucky your brother can advize  you .   It helps to have an “ in-house “ doc . I hope , you find a good resolution to your knee pain . 

Thank you all for for your suggestions from don’t look in the mirror and holding on to the railing.  I appreciate your kindness . 

Happy to help. I’m here for you.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, h20skibum said:

That is what we did at the beginning of the pandemic.  Replaced this. 

2B1DA765-4A4D-425F-9157-6BF50CAF5A0C.thumb.jpeg.1c2583255cf2d69e21332476cf8db5f6.jpeg

With this. 

9103810B-7021-44EA-BAA4-81FBDD47E5B0.thumb.jpeg.844dc119a88bd33e27c562c05c7d4e12.jpeg

It made a world of difference in eliminating cold and drafts. Plus, it was the perfect time to do it when everyone was looking for work. 

Apart from temp control, the aesthetic is stunning, looks great and brings more light into the room.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

When on Ovation I missed the Aquatheater activity.  I really like 270, not just for shows but a great view for breakfast and lunch.  The Solarium was a nice place to hang too. 

I wish Royal would bring a ship here that has the aqua theater & the capacity for one of the big production shows (not Cats though!). 

• Like 3

I think I am flying the wrong airline. My Daughter-in-law just sent me these pictures from her flight to Singapore. 

Definitely more room on the plane than my short flights

9165D19E-9C3A-42C9-B97F-00BDCA0A0B28.thumb.png.e6edc03a95a028db57d1fa7102cc8de3.png

And better food

E959FE55-BFE2-4AB6-9A34-332B72C490B4.thumb.png.018d6c02772f938203463ee32adaae75.png

And I can say that I have never been served lobster on a flight

7C33E3EF-1DB5-4F17-91EF-07560715A8F1.thumb.png.bb8ae9a5e30c27bce3a68066de482aaf.png

Nice lights from there. 

336E292F-1D20-4EAC-824C-9A45BBE4434A.thumb.png.ed0ef2a2e78c02b4bd870a0707b98ed8.png

I guess I will be enjoying the sites thru her eyes

• Like 16

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

I rest my case.

Impressive

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I think I am flying the wrong airline. My Daughter-in-law just sent me these pictures from her flight to Singapore. 

Definitely more room on the plane than my short flights

9165D19E-9C3A-42C9-B97F-00BDCA0A0B28.thumb.png.e6edc03a95a028db57d1fa7102cc8de3.png

And better food

E959FE55-BFE2-4AB6-9A34-332B72C490B4.thumb.png.018d6c02772f938203463ee32adaae75.png

And I can say that I have never been served lobster on a flight

7C33E3EF-1DB5-4F17-91EF-07560715A8F1.thumb.png.bb8ae9a5e30c27bce3a68066de482aaf.png

Nice lights from there. 

336E292F-1D20-4EAC-824C-9A45BBE4434A.thumb.png.ed0ef2a2e78c02b4bd870a0707b98ed8.png

I guess I will be enjoying the sites thru her eyes

Was she flying Singapore Airlines? I’ve never flown with them but they’re consistently ranked in the top two or three airlines in the world. Looks magnificent, especially on a (very) long haul flight.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Have a wonderful time on your cruise, Bonnie and Jack!  Will anyone be joining you both on this cruise?  With your fatigue, it sounds like you really need next week to relax on board!🛳️

Thanks, Maryann. This is the first cruise ever that we aren't cruising with friends or family or getting involved with an active roll call.  Meeting fellow cruisers the night before was something we always looked forward to.

4 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

I definitely still have lingering covid issues including fatigue.  It has improved but I just don't have the stamina I used to have.  I still have altered sense of taste and smell which has really been frustrating me lately.  I have discussed things with my PCP but he is very nonchalant about everything.  He is retiring and I am looking into finding a new PCP and want to see an ENT also.  I had covid in May and I am ready for this to be over with.

I think age does play a factor and it takes longer for us to get over things but I also think this virus is just different than what we have dealt with in the past and there is no easy, do this and everything gets better antidote.

Get lots of rest and pace yourself.  I hope things improve for you soon. 🙂 

I'm so sorry you experienced fatigue as well.  I hope you're feeling much better and yes to rest and pacing myself.  Thank you for your good wishes.

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@Sea Dog

+ 3 👍

I got Covid end of June, and I was fatigued at least 3 to 4 months. Actually being sick with fever and headache -- only 2 days.

@BonTexasNY

+ 1 👍

Yes, I remember you mentioned your post covid fatigue.  I had very mild covid symptoms when I tested positive.  Runny nose, slight cough, low grade fever, also 2 days. 

Small world how your son recognized his surfing buddy.  Amazing skills. 

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I had fatigue for a couple of weeks after covid.   I still have a lingering cough (everyone at work does too).    When I went for my annual physical early January my Doc said some people have the lingering cough or fatigue for up to 6 months.    just listen to your body and take a break when needed.   

So I see post covid fatigue is a definite lingering side effect. Sucks to have a cough anytime but seems worse when you have to go to work.  Hope it clears up soon.  BTW my Doc said the same thing as yours did.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I am a huge O class fan thanks to the Aqua Theater. And I, too, prefer the Royal Promenade over the Royal Esplanade. However, activities on O class are much more weather dependent. Get some rain and it has a big affect on an O class ship. 

I had concerns about booking Odyssey. Dates and pricing factored into my decision to pull the trigger and  I'm finding myself with no regrets. I have thoroughly enjoyed this ship. It definitely has some querky design issues with its choppiness but I can get past it. For someone like me who is a big Windjammer person, this ship wins big time in both functionality and food quality. I'm not sure why they put the Cafe Promenade and Sorrento's next to each other. On F class the separation helps break up the crowd of people. 

will always be an O class fan but I would have no problem mixing up O class and Q class sailings. And I'm starting to think that I might prefer Odyssey to V/F class. I'm not yet sure about that. It has been a great week. No regrets. And I'd be happy to sail this ship again. 

Dave and I had this discussion this morning.  We both agreed we like oasis a little better.  We enjoyed Portside bbq quite a lot.  The windjammer is very good on odyssey.  I thought the Solarium Bistro was much better on O class, this one seemed smaller and I didn’t like that dinner entrees were buffet not served.  As an anal mathematician, the non symmetry drove me crazy.  In 270, the chairs are all different - but I loved the show there.

We had a j4 junior suite with the half bath on one side and the shower & tub on the other.  It worked great and I wouldn’t hesitate to do it again.

All in all, a great cruise with wonderful weather.

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

Was she flying Singapore Airlines? I’ve never flown with them but they’re consistently ranked in the top two or three airlines in the world. Looks magnificent, especially on a (very) long haul flight.

Yes she was.  Looks very nice for such a long flight. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1