Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

Done over 30 NCL cruises and loved them all...everything, food, services, friendliness, ships, etc .  So sorry you and Deb are one and done with NCL.

Royal is certainly our comfort zone, but I can say we enjoyed both our NCL and our Carnival cruises.  Afterwards, there were even a few things on both that we decided we liked more than Royal...but not enough to supplant Royal as our default.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

@Arzeena @Luckynana   Have either of you ever flown out of the Trenton-Mercer Airport?     

I was pricing up flights yesterday for our cruise out of Tampa in September and have heard from 2 people at work use this airport is nice and easy to get in and out of but looks like the only airline that flies to FL from this airport is Frontier.     @Ocean Boy  Have you flown Frontier?   

We usually fly American Airlines as I use points from my credit card but if we can fly out of a small airport that is 20 to 25 minutes away vs. PHL that is an hour away with a bad ride/traffic on I95 for morning flights we are okay with trying another airline.

TTN and Frontier are just fine. Quick airport to get to. No frills. Easy parking or uber. We leave enough buffer but family members have been brave enough to fly mornings of weddings, cruises and major events and made it. Flight in reference is TTN to MCO and back. Cannot speak for other places.

• Thanks 1

Time to vent just a little.  Sigh.  It was time to make all our reservations for the cruise.  

Hotel - check

Parking - check

Excursion in Belize - check

Excursion in Roatan - not so easy

First, I thought I had seen Maya Key as an excursion (only can be booked from cruise) nowhere to be found now.  Ok, I will book Tabayana Beach instead, go to check out and my name is grayed out.  Why you might ask Because I am Too OLD.  What the heck.  If I remember correctly it is an easy entry into the water, easy snorkel, food and drink so why would I be too old?  Other excursions that require ladders to get in and out of boats don't have that restriction or if they do it is much older.  ]

I stomp off to tell my husband who then tries not to laugh at me.  I start researching other options and go back to the Royal site and low and behold Maya Key is back and with no restrictions.  I booked it quick as can be.  Crisis averted but I am still peeved about being thought of as too old when I can work circles around many of the young interns at the refuge.

Vent over and I feel so much better now.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

I would try Norwegian again just not the Breakaway.  I have heard their older ships are pretty good.

My only NCL cruise was on the Dawn, I think, right after it had been rehabbed.  I was only on it for my Mom's 80th, she wanted Bermuda, Royal rarely does Bermuda from Boston.  I would try NCL again, if I could get DH to give it a go.  I have him convinced to try Celebrity, so not going to push another line just yet. 😇

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

We have only sailed Celebrity Summit but we really enjoyed it.  Thelassotherapy pool was great and it was nice to go from one end of the ship to the other without getting tired!! 

We are going to look at Celebrity Summit since it will be sailing from Cape Liberty, but 9 day cruises can be tough workwise for my DH.  That's why I just booked Oasis again, 7 days, Sunday to Sunday works better until he retires, which is still years away.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I would advise against using Frontier from TNN.............We used them once back in January 2020 before Covid from TNN to Sarasota, FL

Flight down was fine, get to the airport and our flight home was cancelled for some unknown reason. No one at the Frontier Counter to get us on another flight either. They tell you to call a phone number for help. Which no one answers.

So there we are in the terminal searching for a return flight and we full well know none or going to Trenton anytime soon. Next thing to do was to just look for flights to Newark Airport in North Jersey, then we would have to take a $100 Uber back to pick up our Car in Trenton.

It was a nightmare and very long travel day.............

Then the fight with Frontier to get compensated for the Tickets we had to purchase last minute to get home that night plus the Uber Fare.

Took months to get just SOME of the money back.........Never again will we fly with Frontier..........Most sad part about all this , There was no one at the Frontier Counter in Sarasota to help anyone with trying to find new flights home.

Very poor Customer Service.

Budget Airline for sure cancelled flights, you are on your own Beware !

Thank you Everyone for info about Frontier.    I wish the Trenton airport, that would be so much easier to get to, had options other than Frontier.    I was reading some customer reviews early this morning while I was at my Dermatologist office.   Most reviews were negative about customer service and baggage fee issues.   

Looks like I am just going to revert back to my original plan and book a multi-city ticket with American Airlines for our September Repo cruise.   

32 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Ok, I will book Tabayana Beach instead, go to check out and my name is grayed out.  Why you might ask Because I am Too OLD.  What the heck. 

That's ridiculous! When I was booking one of the Chacchoben excursions on our upcoming cruise, one of the restrictions was "no one over 6' tall". What kind of tiny car are they taking us in if it can't fit people over 6'? It was just a ride to the ruins and back. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Nice airport. Don't rule it out.

TNN Airport is nice, enjoyed the Sky Lounge before our outgoing flight. A drink and some pub food.

It's a  very small Airport easy get into and out of............Just I wouldn't take a Frontier Flight out of it again for reasons I mentioned earlier.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

I would try Norwegian again just not the Breakaway.  I have heard their older ships are pretty good.

We liked the Gem .I became very friendly with one of the lounge singers and went to listen to him every night By the third night when he saw me coming in he stopped singing and said “Lenny from NY is here” and he said that every night.On the last day of the cruise we enchanted e-mail addresses .

• Like 7

45 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

We have only sailed Celebrity Summit but we really enjoyed it.  Thelassotherapy pool was great and it was nice to go from one end of the ship to the other without getting tired!! 

We have been on the Summit three times.Our favorite Celebrity ship is the Silhouette.We met and became friends with a couple on that  cruise and were on several other cruises with them .

• Like 3

On 2/5/2023 at 10:58 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

A lotbofvthings in the app don't update until you board.  If you want to see it with some accuracy change the sailing to the current weeks sailing. 

Gad! I’m an idiot!

I’d  thought of everything but that!

Thank you for cracking my brain open enough to shed some light! 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

We liked the Gem .I became very friendly with one of the lounge singers and went to listen to him every night By the third night when he saw me coming in he stopped singing and said “Lenny from NY is here” and he said that every night.On the last day of the cruise we enchanted e-mail addresses .

We were on Norwegian Gem maiden voyage in October 2007 with Pauline's mam and dad.

It was her dad's last cruise so after he died in July 2008 we took Pauline's mam back on the Norwegian Gem in remembrance a few months later.

They had a lovely chocolate fountain in the buffet.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

@Momof3gurlz I'm sorry you had some bad experiences on NCL but that there were some that helped to make up for it. Just you talking of your trip to Jost shows how many of us loved our time there and can't wait to get back.

With all this talk it might be the time to share our trip there.

...a mother honking boat...🤣🤣

Monopoly (and teen aged son) safe.

I had to see anyone’s favourite person today. The dentist. 

I treated myself after to lunch.

BF0EB76E-CE14-4BFE-B6C4-C314217E92AF.thumb.jpeg.8f2f5340a7bcc0b5b76e3c6775673709.jpeg

Chicken Shawarma wrap with fries inside of it.  

486D3411-33AC-4FA4-B311-8D7FCE0E464C.thumb.jpeg.60e8b568e7725449b8c51cec3a146dfb.jpeg

When I got home I put my next appointment on the calendar and then looked more carefully at the pen. It’s a sign. 

FB4833F0-6555-4D0E-9820-FA2901B41800.thumb.jpeg.5aa4b8b52ea3cb72327b597048d7a3b8.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 18
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

@reallyitsmema Summit has some seven days to Bermuda.  After our Oasis cruise in August I don’t think I would book it again.  With the KidsSailFree it is just too jammed pack!  Oasis is my favorite but not when stuffed to the gills😳

Our October cruise on Oasis was packed too but we are going to give it one more shot.  Seeing as we are going in May, lots of schools will still be in session.  Rollcall looks to have mostly little kids.  We are also going a GS, so will hide in CK and SL if necessary.  Part of this is actually a trip to my Mom's house just south of Port Canaveral.  We are going to be bringing a bunch of her stuff home as we don't think she will be going to Florida anymore.  We actually tried to get her to come with us and go see some of her friends but she declined.  I had two connecting GS, but she thinks it would be too much for her.  We will be boarding ship with two suitcases and likely leaving with about six! 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Keksie said:

Ok, I will book Tabayana Beach instead, go to check out and my name is grayed out.  Why you might ask Because I am Too OLD.  What the heck.  If I remember correctly it is an easy entry into the water, easy snorkel, food and drink so why would I be too old?  Other excursions that require ladders to get in and out of boats don't have that restriction or if they do it is much older.  ]

I hate those excursions that say you are too old to book them.  I have been told it an insurance decision for whatever individual operator Royal is using, and the age limitations are not determined by Royal.  They probably had too many people over a certain age getting injured in some fashion, so insurance carrier would tell them to put an age limit on them.  Of course, it probably doesn’t make much sense, since they have everyone sign a waiver anyhow.  It is just those out-of-shape old people that give us old people, that stay in shape, a bad name.

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

We are going to look at Celebrity Summit since it will be sailing from Cape Liberty, but 9 day cruises can be tough workwise for my DH.  That's why I just booked Oasis again, 7 days, Sunday to Sunday works better until he retires, which is still years away.

I would book Summit again in a heartbeat.  I liked that ship.

• Like 8

41 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We were on Norwegian Gem maiden voyage in October 2007 with Pauline's mam and dad.

It was her dad's last cruise so after he died in July 2008 we took Pauline's mam back on the Norwegian Gem in remembrance a few months later.

They had a lovely chocolate fountain in the buffet.

The first time we were on the Gem was probably 2012.I have a written list of the cruises I have been on somewhere in my house.Yesterday I was posting to a guy on another thread and somehow we got into a discussion of cruise ships and we realized that we were on a cruise with him in 2010.

How is Sarah ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, lenquixote66 said:

The first time we were on the Gem was probably 2012.I have a written list of the cruises I have been on somewhere in my house.Yesterday I was posting to a guy on another thread and somehow we got into a discussion of cruise ships and we realized that we were on a cruise with him in 2010.

How is Sarah ?

She is feeling a lot better thanks Lenny.

• Like 10

36 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

@reallyitsmema Summit has some seven days to Bermuda.  After our Oasis cruise in August I don’t think I would book it again.  With the KidsSailFree it is just too jammed pack!  Oasis is my favorite but not when stuffed to the gills😳

We usually do not do summer cruises but we did a  family cruise to celebrate my 70th.birthday many years ago.There were hundreds of little kids on that cruise.

• Like 2