Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

8 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Totally agree, although I am a baseball fan as well. But that's more about hanging out in the stands, socializing with other fans since it's soooo slow moving.

I’ve always found baseball to be tedious.  Once I was at a Braves game that went on and on and on for I can’t remember how many innings.  Then rain delays where the ground crew would pull out the cover…we all sit…happened two or three times…then, absolutely unbelievably, somehow an umpire fell ill and we all had to wait some 45 minutes while another umpire was found and drove to the stadium!  Longest night of my

life!!!

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

The Pens have been frustrating to watch this year.  I can’t believe we are hanging on by a thread to a wild card slot. 

Very frustrating indeed.  Just hoping we can get into the playoffs and maybe catch fire for a run.  Wishful thinking ? 🤔  Likely

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

I’ve always found baseball to be tedious.  Once I was at a Braves game that went on and on and on for I can’t remember how many innings.  Then rain delays where the ground crew would pull out the cover…we all sit…happened two or three times…then, absolutely unbelievably, somehow an umpire fell ill and we all had to wait some 45 minutes while another umpire was found and drove to the stadium!  Longest night of my

life!!!

Very true.  I was a baseball player all my life through college yet watching an MLB game was exhausting almost.  I am going to give MLB another shot this season with the new rules that should make the games faster moving.  Personally I much prefer college baseball over MLB.

8 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Thanks, it was a good night. For me, not so much for the Pens. Sorry,

The days of Scotty Bowman and his "Unit of Five"!! Totally dominated the sport for a better part of a decade.

Totally agree, although I am a baseball fan as well. But that's more about hanging out in the stands, socializing with other fans since it's soooo slow moving. Hockey you can't take our eyes off the ice for a second.

While I am not a huge hockey fan going to the game is exciting, went to some games with seats on the glass and several in a suite . Wife was a Buffalo sabers fan and her sister who passed away a few years ago had season tickets, she passed from cancer and spent lots of time in hospital, what made her day was Domenik Hasek two time mvp and hall of fame Saber visited her in the hospital, we were told he spends lots of time in hospital mostly visiting children. One of my first cruises with my wife in late 80’s was a hockey cruise on ncl , had no idea of that when I booked , one day I was playing Caribbean poker and explained to someone that if you buy insurance and you win you can win extra hundred or even thousands, I didn’t know everyone at the table was a hockey player but one said you have a better chance of scoring a hundred goals next year than hitting something big, next hand I had 4 of a kind.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

life!!!

I used to be a big baseball fan.  Loved the Red Sox.  Over the years, I've slowly drifted away from baseball to the point where I pay almost no attention at all.  I think there are many others like me and it's a real problem for the sport. 

I've got a friend whose son pitched in the Brewers' minor league system last year.  He was playing in the Frontier League in Schaumburg, IL when someone from the Brewers saw him and decided to give him a shot.  He started in the Arizona Rookie League, quickly went to their Carolina A team, then their Wisconsin High A team, and finished with their Biloxi AA team.  He pitched so well that he has a chance to make it to the big league this year.  He's with the big team in spring training and pitched a 1-2-3 inning in relief a couple of days ago.  It will be interesting to see how well he will do.  Following him has sort of rekindled my interest in baseball.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I used to be a big baseball fan.  Loved the Red Sox.  Over the years, I've slowly drifted away from baseball to the point where I pay almost no attention at all.  I think there are many others like me and it's a real problem for the sport. 

I've got a friend whose son pitched in the Brewers' minor league system last year.  He was playing in the Frontier League in Schaumburg, IL when someone from the Brewers saw him and decided to give him a shot.  He started in the Arizona Rookie League, quickly went to their Carolina A team, then their Wisconsin High A team, and finished with their Biloxi AA team.  He pitched so well that he has a chance to make it to the big league this year.  He's with the big team in spring training and pitched a 1-2-3 inning in relief a couple of days ago.  It will be interesting to see how well he will do.  Following him has sort of rekindled my interest in baseball.

I have a cousin who was on the Arizona State Baseball team with two guys named Duffy Dyer and Reggie Jackson.My cousin was the only one of the 3 who was projected to have a good career in baseball.He became a TA.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Very true.  I was a baseball player all my life through college yet watching an MLB game was exhausting almost.  I am going to give MLB another shot this season with the new rules that should make the games faster moving.  Personally I much prefer college baseball over MLB.

I went to 3 colleges .Two did not have any sport teams and the third was Division 3.

Last night we went to Jefferson Starship then Leo Sayer both great shows looking forward to Hollies tonight, had dinner in suite restaurant, big plus on this class you can order from suite menu or MDR since they are next to each other.yesterday we were in Puerto Plata today San Juan wife walked around a little I stayed on the ship. We have had same suite on last 3 rock and romance cruise, have yet to use the hot tub on our balcony.

image.thumb.jpeg.9476931072ee688c76e78ec611f1dc03.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.51cbcc3a3892c1c4cc7da469a0345fa5.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.842c74b1dddec62f2e2dcbe2bfd7fa93.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.f2602013f0b9f97d23f06f25684e8c61.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.ba689abec489b1bf7f1ed66b72fe8d39.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.fb58d6fb9e75b69f8dffec1adbceacfa.jpeg

• Like 11

7 hours ago, George C said:

While I am not a huge hockey fan going to the game is exciting, went to some games with seats on the glass and several in a suite . Wife was a Buffalo sabers fan and her sister who passed away a few years ago had season tickets, she passed from cancer and spent lots of time in hospital, what made her day was Domenik Hasek two time mvp and hall of fame Saber visited her in the hospital, we were told he spends lots of time in hospital mostly visiting children. One of my first cruises with my wife in late 80’s was a hockey cruise on ncl , had no idea of that when I booked , one day I was playing Caribbean poker and explained to someone that if you buy insurance and you win you can win extra hundred or even thousands, I didn’t know everyone at the table was a hockey player but one said you have a better chance of scoring a hundred goals next year than hitting something big, next hand I had 4 of a kind.

Most Pens games I have been to at PPG

Paints Arena have been through work in the suites.  They are fantastic (except for the work part! ugh)  

• Like 2

We returned home from Serenade last night. Bill just tested positive for Covid. He doesn't believe it and wants to try a different test. LOL. 🙄 They were fine, but kind of cursed from the beginning. We won't be cruising in March again. I will write more later, when I am not so tired. And my ears are still plugged up from the plane. 

Edit: Test #2 is also positive, we fought the good fight for 3 years, but it was inevitable. And this is a bad week for me, if I come down with it. I have to apply for Medicare and probably Social Security this week. Bill took it at 62, but I think I will take it anyway, even though I am not at full retirement age, because they will take the premiums out of the payment. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 11

On 3/19/2023 at 8:13 AM, aussielozzie18 said:

On the Edge: Species at Risk art exhibit at the Royal Botanical Gardens Sydney.  Viewed this free exhibition today @jagsfan thought you might like these photos of some of the bird art exhibited & for sale.6E70472F-F9B8-445C-8FEB-61BAC74A2277.thumb.jpeg.7d03d5cbaf06cbe250de493fbb326d75.jpeg

427B4CC4-D5CE-4862-B226-4D63B5DBB4E7.thumb.jpeg.cdaf62ca58f1d5ffeecc0073998521e0.jpeg

B6EAC4D5-86F2-45E9-9D13-F24EAC519FB2.thumb.jpeg.4f951e3780323d1de6b24aa1459c8df6.jpeg

7C16C953-9B65-4109-8A72-95B16B92EFBE.thumb.jpeg.c7963637bb7cfa8ef01bd31bfefc3767.jpeg

945F0F12-433B-4014-A599-7EADC5177AF6.thumb.jpeg.47d2b8607c048310ec315717612f1161.jpeg

By Pamela Pauline (above)

Goudian Finches by Janet Matthews (below)

27376DA5-CD1D-480F-AF18-BE1809435CC3.thumb.jpeg.c70e8a204a90c47f54984d71c6caeb66.jpeg

C4C23E7A-24A2-4926-B865-14A8E726C5C9.thumb.jpeg.1709ab90f67865e6ee9abcd187570dcf.jpeg

FCA1582B-07C7-4526-A9E0-E6CD39267B07.thumb.jpeg.4ed68bf0124545ef5d74b2a8bd9be90e.jpeg

Mosaic of Palm Cockatoo by Kelly Mackey

Love the second and last one

• Like 1

13 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Happy Mother’s Day, to our friends in the UK who are celebrating today.

Thank you 😊 

Both boys and one DIL and both g/sons were coming round for roast lunch but son nbr 2 and DIL have covid and feel pretty rough. But had lovely day with son nbr 1 and grandson .

In past years I always (along with my brothers) focused on my Mum. But she died just before MD in 2019 and the next couple of years of course we had covid restrictions.

BTW if anyones interested our Mothers Day comes from Mothering Sunday when in past centuries workers were given a day off to visit their Mothers and go back to their family (Mother) church. 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Coralc said:

We returned home from Serenade last night. Bill just tested positive for Covid. He doesn't believe it and wants to try a different test. LOL. 🙄 They were fine, but kind of cursed from the beginning. We won't be cruising in March again. I will write more later, when I am not so tired. And my ears are still plugged up from the plane. 

Edit: Test #2 is also positive, we fought the good fight for 3 years, but it was inevitable. And this is a bad week for me, if I come down with it. I have to apply for Medicare and probably Social Security this week. Bill took it at 62, but I think I will take it anyway, even though I am not at full retirement age, because they will take the premiums out of the payment. 

Sorry to hear, I think everyone gets it eventually apart maybe from the few who just seem to have super immunity. DS and DIL got it this week for the second time after attending a concert in London.

Hope your DH hasn't got it too badly and that you don't catch it too.  Hope he feels better soon 

Edited by sgmn

3 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Hope you haven't got it too badly and feel better soon 

Thanks! I don't have it at all yet. And fingers crossed, hope I don't. ☺️ But Bill gave me his cold, shortly before we cruised....and he will probably give me this too. 🙄

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Thanks! I don't have it at all yet. And fingers crossed, hope I don't. ☺️ But Bill gave me his cold, shortly before we cruised....and he will probably give me this too. 🙄

Hopefully Bill has a mild case with quick recovery and you avoid getting it.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Hopefully Bill has a mild case with quick recovery and you avoid getting it.   

+1

I have taken a couple of Covid tests in the last week, both negative.  Sometimes a cold is just a cold.  

Have to be at my daughter’s house this morning, while a new furnace is installed.

Everyone enjoy their first day of spring. 

• Like 2