Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 hours ago, helen haywood said:

I don’t believe a single person, alone, can get a recalcitrant cat into a carrier.  At least, not the cats we’ve had!!  It requires Kevlar gauntlets (I’m not kidding) and carefully choreographed maneuvers by at least two people.  The one with the gloves to stuff the cat in the carrier and the other to spring the trap door…

AVITZ Animal Handling Gloves 35cm... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DWVT1VG?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

I had to laugh that they feature the German Shepherd with the gloves in its mouth….

Been telling DH for months to get a pair of gloves like these for when he brushes Max once a week.  Max goes to the groomers once a month (where we pay extra for the difficulty) but he needs to be brushed once a week and he acts like Jade every single time….

DH feels your pain & lack of love OB. I am sure Jade’s next vet visit will be better for both of you.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

20230801_205514.thumb.jpg.5198171a3ca89f9db8312409995e0bc7.jpg

20230801_205544.thumb.jpg.47e8df2845c47a2cf429c028dae853ed.jpg

20230801_205715.thumb.jpg.c5db6a6e7c2c1aae5b3760c454d17f2e.jpg

Beautiful pictures, OB!  Thank you for sharing!

19 hours ago, derorim said:

I was late to the moon party but at least got a little peek at something. I enjoyed seeing the pictures posted by @Ocean Boy@h20skibum

Is the moon event continuing tomorrow night? 

20230801_220520.thumb.jpg.3ead7dc63728fb2df4cdc96c4256d80d.jpg

Great Patriotic picture!!

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Ok cat folks. Jade was supposed to go to the vet today for a checkup. She would have nothing to do with getting into the carrier and I have a clawed up bloody arm to prove it. Had to cancel. Never had this issue before with dogs or cats. Any suggestions? Oh yeah, now she is eating treats out of my recently bloody hand.🙄

We have a "sport pet cat carrier" from Amazon.  It has a big front door and I have been able to load even my most difficult cat into it.  We have the large size.  It also will fold for storage.  Sorry the picture is sideways.

Resized_20230802_171854.thumb.jpeg.55beb2709d81149ea5eec95106c2ae57.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

So what are you thinking should be there.  With the bricks there it appears they are working on something .  I am guessing you don't want the background blurred.  Here is a couple of things AI produced.

IMG_0558minustarp.jpeg.1468d286988cbcde5652ba3971936d4fcopy.thumb.jpg.0103780e1e31e094bf5302085bf9adeb.jpg

IMG_0558.thumb_2.1468d286988cbcde5652ba3971936d4fcopy.thumb.jpg.c8b68be8b35b993593b8d590ea70310b.jpg

Great job, John!

Beautiful, Crystal! @singinalot I love your dress!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Keksie said:

We have a "sport pet cat carrier" from Amazon.  It has a big front door and I have been able to load even my most difficult cat into it.  We have the large size.  It also will fold for storage.  

Resized_20230802_171854.thumb.jpeg.55beb2709d81149ea5eec95106c2ae57.jpeg

That looks great.  Should be much easier to load a reluctant cat into it.

4 minutes ago, derorim said:

That looks great.  Should be much easier to load a reluctant cat into it.

I also get a chuckle from the vet when they open it up and Coal is inside.  He is still really little and they are used to seeing the Maine Coons or Elmer my 20 pounder in it.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

So what are you thinking should be there.  With the bricks there it appears they are working on something .  I am guessing you don't want the background blurred.  Here is a couple of things AI produced.

IMG_0558minustarp.jpeg.1468d286988cbcde5652ba3971936d4fcopy.thumb.jpg.0103780e1e31e094bf5302085bf9adeb.jpg

IMG_0558.thumb_2.1468d286988cbcde5652ba3971936d4fcopy.thumb.jpg.c8b68be8b35b993593b8d590ea70310b.jpg

Nice job!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

I had to laugh that they feature the German Shepherd with the gloves in its mouth….

Been telling DH for months to get a pair of gloves like these for when he brushes Max once a week.  Max goes to the groomers once a month (where we pay extra for the difficulty) but he needs to be brushed once a week and he acts like Jade every single time….

DH feels your pain & lack of love OB. I am sure Jade’s next vet visit will be better for both of you.

I'm concerned about rescheduling as I'd really be embarrassed to cancel again. Though I have been using them for years so it makes things a little better. I'm going to stop by the animal hospital and ask for advice. I have just never experienced this with any previous pets. I don't like the behavior at all especially since I think we have given her a very good home and life. I guess I shouldn't take it so personally.😑 She does love to be brushed though. Hopefully I'll wake up tomorrow with a better outlook.😏

• Like 11

54 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Lucy just rides lose in the truck. 

Edit to add. One of our old farm cats didn’t like the cage. We stood the cage on end and lowered her into it. 

I had a previous cat that loved car rides and I'd let her ride lose. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'm concerned about rescheduling as I'd really be embarrassed to cancel again. Though I have been using them for years so it makes things a little better. I'm going to stop by the animal hospital and ask for advice. I have just never experienced this with any previous pets. I don't like the behavior at all especially since I think we have given her a very good home and life. I guess I shouldn't take it so personally.😑 She does love to be brushed though. Hopefully I'll wake up tomorrow with a better outlook.😏

Maybe they can give you a little something to relax her before the next time.  I have had cats who would put themselves in the carrier and some who would fight like it was life or death to get in one.  Jade loves you and just had a I am scared and going to freak out moment.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Good job on both pictures. Personally, I like the first one. The sky is a little brighter and more colorful.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Crystal, I been meaning to ask, have you thought at all about cruising Bella 2.  It would be great for us all to meet you and I know you would add not only to the fun on the ship but also on the live thread.  

Not to mention your organization skills and spreadsheets would be much needed for group activities. 😉😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Don't sweat it, I'm sure you're not the first person to cancel for that reason & the vet will understand.

I'm sure Jade appreciates all that you have done for her, she's just letting you know that she's not a fan of pet carriers, in a somewhat rebellious teenager way 🙂

• Like 4