Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Ugh I am not looking forward to today.  It will be an almost double shift at the refuge.  Second baby squirrel season is in full force.  The baby board is full with most of them needing feeding every 2 hours.  Our interns leave a lot to be desired and most of the long term volunteers who have a good  work ethic are not in town for various reasons.  Sigh.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Very happy to say my neighbor friend is doing much better.   They ended up taking her back to the OR and this surgery was a success.  

I went to visit her today and she was up and walking around.  

She could be home as early as tomorrow.   They will send a physical therapist every day for first week.  Her Daughter will be staying with her and a good friend will be with her for the days her Daughter needs to go to work.  

So glad she fought and her family fought for her to make this happen.

Thank you everyone for sending her prayers and positive thoughts.  🥰

Good news, indeed!  Wishing her a smooth recovery with minimal pain.

30 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Ugh I am not looking forward to today.  It will be an almost double shift at the refuge.  Second baby squirrel season is in full force.  The baby board is full with most of them needing feeding every 2 hours.  Our interns leave a lot to be desired and most of the long term volunteers who have a good  work ethic are not in town for various reasons.  Sigh.

I can top your "not looking forward" day.  I have a toothache and have to see a new dentist.  Changed plans and my usual dentist isn't in-network.

I once had a friend who always "topped" me.  If I broke a nail, she broke 2.  If I had a cold, she had the flu.  If I had a sprained wrist, she broke her arm.  If I had 2 exams in one day at school, she had 3. You get the picture.  I hope I didn't sound like her!

Hope your day goes by without much stress.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Hey Below Fans, two things. Did anyone watch that “Project Runway” with the Below Deck cast from all the franchises? The designers had to make new uniforms for them. A couple of them looked pretty good the others were stupid including Mzi’s, Captain Sandy, and Captain Jason.

Also I was watching Below Deck Down Under and find that deck hand Harry makes some of the weirdest faces. Several times I thought he reminds me of someone. Then it hit me he looks like the Muppet character “Beaker.”

F78C0901-F418-4FEA-AEF6-2C218B9C8698.thumb.jpeg.f21f3c39694ea8374bd58f19db3a9fd3.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

19 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Good news, indeed!  Wishing her a smooth recovery with minimal pain.

I can top your "not looking forward" day.  I have a toothache and have to see a new dentist.  Changed plans and my usual dentist isn't in-network.

I once had a friend who always "topped" me.  If I broke a nail, she broke 2.  If I had a cold, she had the flu.  If I had a sprained wrist, she broke her arm.  If I had 2 exams in one day at school, she had 3. You get the picture.  I hope I didn't sound like her!

Hope your day goes by without much stress.

You win.  Tooth problems are awful coupled with new dentist is extra awful.  Hoping your new dentist is the best one you have ever had.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Love JR breakfasts.

I looked at JR's scramblers, which everybody seemed to be ordering,  but it is too early in the morning, after last night's dinner and I am saving my appetite for tonight's dinner. It is 150 CP tonight.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Arzeena said:

I looked at JR's scramblers, which everybody seemed to be ordering,  but it is too early in the morning, after last night's dinner and I am saving my appetite for tonight's dinner. It is 150 CP tonight.

The scramblers are my favorites. Sometimes I eat about half of it but they are so good.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, akcruz said:

Catching up after having our daughter, son in law and grandkids visiting for the past week.  Tried to skim thru at night so as not to be too far behind on CC.

Had a great week with multiple days at the beach and pool along with trips to a local "zoo", alligator adventure, mini golf, some rides and of course ice cream.  Many pictures to go thru but adding one here as we were getting ready to take a train up the mountain to start our game of mini golf on our night out with the kids while mom and dad had an evening out on their own  Will see what others I can share after going thru the rest.  Had a great time but now need a vacation of our own.

20230801_1718032.thumb.jpg.8c8adc2686c68708477595afb8d244c3.jpg

Lovely family photo.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

Allow a lot of time if you are eating there. Bring a book to read between courses. You probably would have time to run up to the Windjammer for additional food. 😉

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

One of my favorite characters from the Dilbert comic strip was called Topper.

https://jeremyperson.com/2008/09/13/dilberts-the-topper

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

The scramblers are my favorites. Sometimes I eat about half of it but they are so good.

OK.... here I go again.... what are "scramblers" ??? Is the JR b'fast free?

After I "hit" diamond in January 2018, somehow, all my cruises were with Celebrity.

Bella 2 will be my first in Royal as a diamond....

• Like 10

11 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

After I "hit" diamond in January 2018, somehow, all my cruises were with Celebrity.

Yes breakfast at JR was complimentary.

Scramblers are huge serving of scrambled eggs with veggies, cheese  etc etc. One was topped with a chille.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

So excited you will be Diamond for Bella 2. Bella 1 was our first Diamond cruise.

Yes the JR breakfasts are free. But get there early as they tend to get crowded.

The scramblers are basically different things all mixed together in a bowl. Usually eggs, sausage, cheese and potatoes.

IMG_9088.thumb.jpeg.be19c88ac3368d069c4c5ccb2d540fc0.jpeg

• Like 4

On 8/5/2023 at 2:47 PM, dani negreanu said:

Thanks, Sue.

Sadly, they traveled independently, with 4 bags and on their own dime... whereas we were sent to Brussels by a multi-national company, all expenses paid, a big container with all our belongings and a zero-mile company car from day 1.

DS2 is providing, part-time, legal services to his old law firm, while pursuing his doctorate in law. The original plan was to travel next year, and do his post-doctorate in Holland. The "situation" here being what it is, my DIL wanted to spare the kids another round, or two, of hostilities.

For sure ... thinking mainly of the ferry to Newcastle ( @grapau27 ) , or visiting a lovely couple in Berkshire 😉 😘

That would be so cool 😎  there's always a room ready for guests 😀 

Or if you didn't want to venture out in the sticks we could meet you for lunch in London .

Hope DS2 and DIL settle in quickly and the kids are happy at school. I'm sure they will love being able to easily travel to all the great European destinations once they are settled and established.  Great opportunity, though I know its hard all round with family ties.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, h20skibum said:

We finished our trip to Universal Florida, and have returned home. I think I mentioned we had the Wizarding World of Harry Potter Vacation Package. 

IMG_8508.thumb.jpeg.070679cb2d6b850c3ac540928b193ecb.jpeg

Since we stayed at the Portofino Bay Hotel, I thought I would give you my impressions of it. 

IMG_8379.thumb.jpeg.73d8517e846defa43df449305d538861.jpeg

The hotel is one of Universal’s Premier hotels, and one of three that includes unlimited express passes during your stay.  

IMG_8506.thumb.jpeg.22f4882f510906ad2ccbfdf5b6edf484.jpeg

We really enjoyed this hotel.  Very quiet and picturesque.  Every evening, they have performers singing opera and popera favorites from a balcony overlooking the plaza. 

IMG_8507.thumb.jpeg.84b51ab92be0e71b9fedefb0b3b7af02.jpeg

Directly beneath this balcony is Sal’s. They have excellent pizza and their Italian sandwich was delicious.  You can also get beer or wine at Sal’s, if you want some while listening to the music. 

We requested a room in the west wing, which is closest to the water taxi.  

IMG_8487.thumb.jpeg.0a84ac03cc72a020ea3abb4da16744d7.jpeg

The water taxi runs to a pier at City Walk between the two park entrances.  It was nice to be able to look out our window, overlooking the harbor, and see if the boat was there.  They ran every 10-12 minutes. 

Portofino has three pools, and the beach pool is the one by the west wing.  We definitely enjoyed coming back for a swim, mid-day.  

I can recommend this hotel as a nice place to base a stay for the parks.  I only wish the room would have had a microwave to heat some leftover pizza. (Yes, there is such a thing)

It is a little on the pricey side, but the perks are worth it. I think I would stay there again if we ever return to the parks. 

Of course, now that we are home, we have a house full of wizards running around today. 

SIX_A5045C9F-914F-48A1-A7AB-95C31E88DB73.thumb.jpeg.aa6cc4b19d15711dbf49bbd6cb352bb6.jpeg

It looks amazing, my DIL would absolutely love the HP theme package. She is a Harry Potter nut 

• Like 2