Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 minute ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Megamillions is up to 1.55 billion dollars!  I think it at least ties the highest amount!  Now that would take care of a nice cruise for us all!

I just saw that noone won last night.      We could book a private charter on Icon😁

3 hours ago, mets07 said:

Just off Oasis of the Seas (July 28 - August 4). Hope all of you are well.

This was a very different cruise for us as we went with our older son and 3 of his children ages 6, 4, and 2. We came home quite exhausted. Ha. But we all had a good time. 

My husband and I typically do a bit of lounging around and there was none of that! Constant activity ... pools, slides, rock-climbing, mini-golf, ice skating, carousel, Aqua 80 and Frozen in Time shows ... and more. 

It was definitely the most crowded cruise we were ever on with almost 6700 guests. 

We went to the beach (Cocoa Beach) at Port Canaveral and Blue Lagoon at Nassau. Other stop was Coco Cay. Weather was good, but hot as expected.

Best to all of you.

🏖️ 🚢 

Looks like you two are needing a follow up cruise for the relaxation now!😁

Glad you all had a good time!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I just saw that noone won last night.      We could book a private charter on Icon😁

That's what I was thinking.   Book the whole ship!  It's cash out is about 757 million so about 400 million after tax.  Booking the whole ship would just put a dent in it . 😆 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

News from the home front about our golfing grandson.  I forgot to mention that his team won all of their golf scrambles. 

Yesterday, he was in a golf tournament, and placed first in the 14 and under group (he is still 10 for the next month and a half)

I looked at the scores, and he shot lower than everyone in the 17 and under also, including all the girls grouping.  It was only a 9 hole tournament, but his 31 was outstanding.  

Congratulations! I thought he was at Universal with you all.

• Like 1

Approaching Dayton Ohio and they have road construction. 😳  We were on an 8 mile stretch of a single lane.  Good thing they had a caution sign warning that it was a single lane.  I would hate for someone to get Confused. 😆 

image.thumb.png.748edefd4235e2f45f6eb4516614f5ce.png

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

I have not played the lottery, (those big ones since before Bella 1, no scratch offs since May), and soon will be on a slot machine on our Alaskan cruise.  Hopefully saving up the good vibes till then.

But. something tells me to play this one that is this high.

So on my way to babysitting Sunday I will stop and invest $20. 

I have decided to pick my numbers for one of the tickets.

And put the rest of the money on a computer pick.

Lets see what happens.

So if you hear of a winning ticket from Eaton Ohio (Where I stop for gas), hope it is me.

Be safe

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 15

26 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Congratulations! I thought he was at Universal with you all.

Nope, our California grandson is with us.  He went to Universal just after school was out, while we were in California getting that grandson.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Overcast Saturday in Sydney but still a nice day for a walk.  Ferry to Taronga Zoo Wharf then walked to Balmoral Beach.  6.5km one way.3479989B-840C-4CFD-87AF-5E532C75B270.thumb.jpeg.4fab4e0c44af0e562f1330bb59a0b3d8.jpeg

AAD9F6E2-82B0-4A67-8AB9-DA95070CCC58.thumb.jpeg.ffa88bebf169759c559df511857dcdee.jpeg

C168A086-9809-4C21-B707-E7B17C825BF2.thumb.jpeg.cb985646d77a0d3e295e7a01667243a8.jpeg

B82BA216-B81D-4003-9AA4-90F995D01B93.thumb.jpeg.7e8892f4f960c4c78fbf05766c51732a.jpeg

226FDF3D-23CA-4805-AD08-E8F0A1C721D1.thumb.jpeg.4c56b143016a074211e8b5ce2f8563d0.jpeg

D4A20CB1-C17B-4DF0-9523-509EF197B94A.thumb.jpeg.7a38edabdf0ccdcd149840cae2a940ca.jpeg

FCCE6C34-51E3-45D7-AEC5-68FE272049A1.thumb.jpeg.00a9802f20e4bfdb10a22d58f4e2500f.jpeg

C0DA2D39-B282-4232-BBE3-DE44CCCA552F.thumb.jpeg.7e02085fe154b696c98333665e5c9a89.jpeg

8494F6F0-6BC2-4BEF-AEC7-193F71B4FAED.thumb.jpeg.4c6b267b6dad2f6b53aeec42c82d0328.jpeg

It’s so beautiful. You’re very lucky to be surrounded by wonderful scenery!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Sea Dog@bobmacliberty

When y’all are inventing or improving cocktails, I wish one of you would bend your impressive mind to duplicating the Long Hot Summer I had in Maine!

I mentioned it before, and should have asked point blank for help!

Bacardi White Rum

Cruzan Dark Rum

Pina Colada with lime juice

Blueberry and Strawberry purée 

I have no clue about measurements, or if Pina colada with lime juice is something that can be bought!

• Like 1

Anybody sailing on Celebrity in the very near future, check you cruise planners. For some it is up to 50% off discounts to upgrade the AI classic to premium drink package. Wifi upgrade to premier dropped to $4.99, some shore excursions are 40% off.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Anybody sailing on Celebrity in the very near future, check you cruise planners. For some it is up to 50% off discounts to upgrade the AI classic to premium drink package. Wifi upgrade to premier dropped to $4.99, some shore excursions are 40% off.

Why does Celebrity seem to frequently have much better deals than RCI?🤔

47 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

@Sea Dog@bobmacliberty

When y’all are inventing or improving cocktails, I wish one of you would bend your impressive mind to duplicating the Long Hot Summer I had in Maine!

I mentioned it before, and should have asked point blank for help!

Bacardi White Rum

Cruzan Dark Rum

Pina Colada with lime juice

Blueberry and Strawberry purée 

I have no clue about measurements, or if Pina colada with lime juice is something that can be bought!

I thought it would be fun to ask ChatGPT, the artificial intelligence bot, how to make a cocktail with those ingredients.  This is what it came up with:

1 oz Bacardi White Rum
1 oz Cruzan Dark Rum
2 oz Pina Colada Mix
1/2 oz lime juice
1/2 oz blueberry purée
1/2 oz strawberry purée
Ice cubes
Pineapple wedge and fresh berries (blueberries and strawberries) for garnish

• In a cocktail shaker, add Bacardi White Rum, Cruzan Dark Rum, Pina Colada Mix, and lime juice.
  • Fill the shaker with ice cubes, close it tightly, and shake vigorously for about 10-15 seconds to chill the mixture.
  • Strain the cocktail into a chilled glass filled with ice cubes.
  • Gently pour the blueberry purée and strawberry purée on opposite sides of the glass to create a layered effect.
  • Garnish the cocktail with a pineapple wedge and fresh berries on a cocktail pick or a small skewer.
  • Give the drink a gentle stir just before enjoying to mix the flavors.
  • Like 4

24 minutes ago, derorim said:

I thought it would be fun to ask ChatGPT, the artificial intelligence bot, how to make a cocktail with those ingredients.  This is what it came up with:

1 oz Bacardi White Rum
1 oz Cruzan Dark Rum
2 oz Pina Colada Mix
1/2 oz lime juice
1/2 oz blueberry purée
1/2 oz strawberry purée
Ice cubes

• In a cocktail shaker, add Bacardi White Rum, Cruzan Dark Rum, Pina Colada Mix, and lime juice.
  • Fill the shaker with ice cubes, close it tightly, and shake vigorously for about 10-15 seconds to chill the mixture.
  • Gently pour the blueberry purée and strawberry purée on opposite sides of the glass to create a layered effect.
  • Garnish the cocktail with a pineapple wedge and fresh berries on a cocktail pick or a small skewer.

Did you ask the AI bot how many to drink tonight? 😆 

• Haha 10

2 hours ago, Lionesss said:

I have not played the lottery, (those big ones since before Bella 1, no scratch offs since May), and soon will be on a slot machine on our Alaskan cruise.  Hopefully saving up the good vibes till then.

But. something tells me to play this one that is this high.

So on my way to babysitting Sunday I will stop and invest $20. 

I have decided to pick my numbers for one of the tickets.

And put the rest of the money on a computer pick.

Lets see what happens.

So if you hear of a winning ticket from Eaton Ohio (Where I stop for gas), hope it is me.

Be safe

I won $ 2.00 .  It might just cost me that much to go claim my big jackpot. 

The problem that I see with “ computer “ picks is that sometimes duplicate numbers are picked. You might get a losing Powerball  number multiple times . I’m no expert on this . 

Good luck 🎰

Edited by NHProud
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Why does Celebrity seem to frequently have much better deals than RCI?🤔

I don't know if I can say that they have "better deals". Like, their cruise prices are over the top these days. We would have to think twice of booking their AI prices now. They also offer cruise only prices which are reasonable compared to some Royal sailings on newer ships. Some math to do and weighing out to see if AI is good or cruise only and pay as you go. For instance, to buy a Premium drink pkg is an absolute waste on me (since I find it even hard to make use of the 5 drink a day Diamond plus perk on Royal) But for someone who likes to drink and can use it to the fullest it is perfect. Some cruise we have upcoming are in Aqua class, booked during reasonable AI price times. All Aqua cabins come with all Include (classic wifi, classic drinks and tips). Celebrity is currently some specials where you can upgrade the AI classic to premium. On one of my cruises that upgrade was $9.99 for drinks and $4.99 for wifi.

Marian (Helen Haywood) may be able to chime in more on this and where it is worth what. I know she is a seasoned Celebrity cruiser.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, derorim said:

1 oz Bacardi White Rum
1 oz Cruzan Dark Rum
2 oz Pina Colada Mix
1/2 oz lime juice
1/2 oz blueberry purée
1/2 oz strawberry purée
Ice cubes

Mimi - I don't know if I can do any better than the above recipe.  Sounds pretty tasty.  Was it a frozen drink?  It sounds a little like a Miami Vice (half strawberry daquiri, half pina colada) but with some blueberry added.  

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

I don't know if I can say that they have "better deals". Like, their cruise prices are over the top these days. We would have to think twice of booking their AI prices now. They also offer cruise only prices which are reasonable compared to some Royal sailings on newer ships. Some math to do and weighing out to see if AI is good or cruise only and pay as you go. For instance, to buy a Premium drink pkg is an absolute waste on me (since I find it even hard to make use of the 5 drink a day Diamond plus perk on Royal) But for someone who likes to drink and can use it to the fullest it is perfect. Some cruise we have upcoming are in Aqua class, booked during reasonable AI price times. All Aqua cabins come with all Include (classic wifi, classic drinks and tips). Celebrity is currently some specials where you can upgrade the AI classic to premium. On one of my cruises that upgrade was $9.99 for drinks and $4.99 for wifi.

Marian (Helen Haywood) may be able to chime in more on this and where it is worth what. I know she is a seasoned Celebrity cruiser.

I really like the suite perks on celebrity, even better on edge class but there prices are nuts i priced a sky suite which is about the size of rccl junior suite for November and they wanted over 4K per person but they give lots of perks, instead I booked a grand suite on harmony for under 2500 per , I added UDP and it is still 1300 cheaper, we are diamond plus so we get 5 free drinks, plus suite happy hour.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Very easy and doesn't take long.  I went with a semi-rich syrup which is 1.5 cups sugar in 1 cup water.  Normal is 1:1 and rich is 2:1. Stir over medium heat (don't boil) until the sugar is dissolved.  Remove from heat and cool.  I put the hot sauce pan on a larger pot that had ice in the bottom to cool faster.  Transfer to a sealed bottle and refrigerate.  The whole process took less than 10 minutes.

The good and bad about homemade syrups is that they have no preservatives.  Better for you, but they don't last as long.  The Demerara syrup will only last a few weeks.  Increasing the amount of sugar, or even adding a small amount of vodka, will extend the life.  

Freeze it in ice cube trays then put in a ziplock bag. It’s nice if you can freeze them in the correct amount for a drink. 

• Like 2

Does anyone use laundry detergent sheets? We use Tide pods, but was thinking of getting some sheets to take on cruises. I usually just have a small bottle of Dawn, about 2 oz. I can use it on anything so I’m wondering about the sheets.

4 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Does anyone use laundry detergent sheets? We use Tide pods, but was thinking of getting some sheets to take on cruises. I usually just have a small bottle of Dawn, about 2 oz. I can use it on anything so I’m wondering about the sheets.

My son used them years ago when he was in college and they worked fine for him.  I don't remember the brand we bought.  I gave some to my Mom to use on cruises and they worked well.  She would cut them up into smaller pieces because one sheet was too much for a sink of laundry.  As far as Dawn, we squirt a little Dawn on a paper towel and let it dry.  We then cut that up in a couple of pieces and bring in a ziploc bag.  I just wet the paper towel and use it to wash out our freestyle cups.  No need to bring a sponge and just throw it out when done.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

My son used them years ago when he was in college and they worked fine for him.  I don't remember the brand we bought.  I gave some to my Mom to use on cruises and they worked well.  She would cut them up into smaller pieces because one sheet was too much for a sink of laundry.  As far as Dawn, we squirt a little Dawn on a paper towel and let it dry.  We then cut that up in a couple of pieces and bring in a ziploc bag.  I just wet the paper towel and use it to wash out our freestyle cups.  No need to bring a sponge and just throw it out when done.

That’s a great idea about the Dawn and paper towels. I think I’ll try that.

• Like 1