Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

10 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

+1. When I was younger I could tolerate backwards but never liked it.   As I got older I just couldn't do those types of rides with the kids anymore.   Good thing Eric enjoyed most rides with them.

Last backwards Roller Coast Ride was on Expedition Everest at Walt Disney World's Animal Kingdom for us. Never again !

Expedition Everest isn't for the faint of heart. Not only is there a steep 80 foot drop, but it reaches high speeds of 50 mph and goes both forwards and backwards. It's a thrilling, intense ride.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Very happy to say my neighbor friend is doing much better.   They ended up taking her back to the OR and this surgery was a success.  

I went to visit her today and she was up and walking around.  

She could be home as early as tomorrow.   They will send a physical therapist every day for first week.  Her Daughter will be staying with her and a good friend will be with her for the days her Daughter needs to go to work.  

So glad she fought and her family fought for her to make this happen.

Thank you everyone for sending her prayers and positive thoughts.  🥰

Happy to hear your friend is doing better.  Hoping the great progress continues.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Didn't look to bad until it went backwards, I hate those roller coasters that do that.

I think that was what we enjoyed.  Not knowing what to expect, we thought we would have a steep drop, then it stopped and went backwards.  Also, when the track section dropped 10 feet or so, then reversed direction in the dark was a surprise. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Very happy to say my neighbor friend is doing much better.   They ended up taking her back to the OR and this surgery was a success.  

She could be home as early as tomorrow.   They will send a physical therapist every day for first week.  Her Daughter will be staying with her and a good friend will be with her for the days her Daughter needs to go to work.  

This is great news Debbie. I’m sure she’ll be so happy to be home. 

Edited by Momof3gurlz
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, harryfat1 said:

Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. 

On a cruise, it's just as important to know what to avoid as much as what to order as one's stomach has limited capacity.  If it's filled with bad stuff, then there's no space for the good stuff.

Sounds like Royal doesn't do Mexican food very well in the MDR. 

Good thing is we are traveling as a family and it's easier to order extra dishes in the middle for people to sample on what's good. 

Will post few food pictures (well, maybe more than a few) in the trip report afterwards. 

Cheers,

Harry

The really sad part is that they have Allure cruising out of Galveston, and they're serving up this stuff as "Mexican" food.  They should just scrap that menu entirely when cruising out of Texas, because it's just going to disappoint everyone. 

On one cruise, the wife of the couple at the next table was American-born of Mexican parents.  She had ordered the Carne Asada, and when they set it down in front of her she looked at it, blinked a few times, and asked them to take it away and bring her something else, because, "That is NOT carne asada!" 

She was very polite about it, not "Karen-ish" at all, but the look on her face when they set the plate in front of her just cracked me up -- she looked like she thought she was on Candid Camera or being "punked"!  🤣

Have a WONDERFUL cruise!

Edited by brillohead
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

They have a chance to exact some revenge at the year end local tournament.  They’ll be gunning for us, but they also have a donkey for a head coach, and their worse one was booted out for their association this season.

Edit: the worse one was coaching his son (the pitcher) from the sidelines all game. 

Ugh, I remember those types from my years of being a hockey mom.  🙄

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

If you're still interested, let me know what email address to use and I'll send you a link to a OneDrive location where you can upload the original.  I really wish CC had direct message capability turned on. 😒

Much appreciated Bob
d n o r t h c u t t 3 2 1 @ g m a i l

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

This is great news!  Please give her a 'gentle' hug from all of us.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I want to try Hooked.  It looks great!  

I’m way behind and not sure I’ll catch up…we did our Alaska cruise tour which was awesome.  We got home a week ago and since then we’ve had our littlest grands 2 and 5, while their parents got an anniversary trip.  While the grands were here our main AC went out for about 40 hours.  Temps here were around 103 those days.  We survived with fans with a max of about 83 in the house.  We have thermal plantation shutters on all our windows which saved us I’m sure. A smaller AC unit cools the upstairs but it couldn’t keep up either.  We did no cooking, and quiet activities like reading books and watching Disney +. The littles were troopers and loved the neighborhood pool and our hot tub.  We freeze gallon jugs of water and float them in the hot tub like ice cubes.

My plan this week is to rest and finish unpacking from our trip! 

• Like 16

6 hours ago, QueSeraSera said:

Yes, we are having good results with the ones from Proctor & Gamble.  They must still be in limited production as I haven't seen them in stores yet. 

EC30 | Shop Laundry Swatches | ec30clean.com

This is after poor experience with another brand of sheets.

Thanks for the info.

• Like 1

Few pics from our trip down to LA today:

20230806_102610.thumb.jpg.9532f96c30ee3d96d81659eee1e57375.jpg

20230806_110309.thumb.jpg.37d480669ad24205584b2d4701d1e56a.jpg

Wcome to land of $6 gas

20230806_121521.thumb.jpg.1353cf09854b6535a27ec0bb29175bc6.jpg

20230806_172316.thumb.jpg.a7aae9427c884db7ae6e72554d1ce9bc.jpg

20230806_174802.thumb.jpg.03e263587aa77bf818b5990f7e55eafa.jpg

20230806_174847.thumb.jpg.05442d85f3a9fda296e395ed70e2f173.jpg

Sashimi and sushi take out to eat in the room as we got the huge 600 square feet room for the 4 of us and in-laws room was 350 sf so plenty of space to relax to stretch out 

20230806_202727.thumb.jpg.8cfa33c075d1b515913651c8e7b8f78b.jpg

20230806_202800.thumb.jpg.3fb4b463e9eba870fa6040d4a979c6a0.jpg

• Like 16

4 hours ago, brillohead said:

The really sad part is that they have Allure cruising out of Galveston, and they're serving up this stuff as "Mexican" food.  They should just scrap that menu entirely when cruising out of Texas, because it's just going to disappoint everyone. 

On one cruise, the wife of the couple at the next table was American-born of Mexican parents.  She had ordered the Carne Asada, and when they set it down in front of her she looked at it, blinked a few times, and asked them to take it away and bring her something else, because, "That is NOT carne asada!" 

She was very polite about it, not "Karen-ish" at all, but the look on her face when they set the plate in front of her just cracked me up -- she looked like she thought she was on Candid Camera or being "punked"!  🤣

Have a WONDERFUL cruise!

Yeah. Same with cruise to west coast Mexico from LA where it's less than 200 miles away from the border. The locals know what Mexican food should taste like instead of the Gringo version from RCI. 

Oh, well, just try something else on the menu...

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Today is National Lighthouse day.

IMG_4921.thumb.jpeg.af33b0affa391733bbee926bed5e9690.jpeg

Gibbs Hill Lighthouse in Bermuda.   I need to start looking at cruises to go back there.

Climbing that lighthouse was fun and the view is fantastic. I, too, would like to find my way back there.

• Like 3