Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

8 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

For some reason I feel  better knowing others deal with these issues with their cats too. My past two cats let me do whatever I wanted to with them including trimming their claws. Prior to them it was always dogs. This behavior is so new to me.  I keep trying to figure out what I did wrong with this one. You would think that after putting up with weeks of her,  as a kitten, living in my grand piano she would be a little more appreciative.😏

image.png.6bbb3b744008afb3e6af59df07d88821.png

• Haha 11

1 hour ago, harryfat1 said:

Have you watched the nightly castle show? This was the holiday version with the Grinch Christmas Tree.

Sadly, the light show has not been running while we have been here.  I would have liked to seen it.  

43 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

As I'm relaxing in relative indoor AC comfort, I thought I'd share my Dallas area weather for this past week and next week.  Relative low humidity so it's actually bearable. 

Today
Today's Weather Forecast For Frisco, Texas is Sunny
Sunny
105 |86 °F
41 |30 °C
0% Chance
Precipitation
Saturday
Saturday's Weather Forecast For Frisco, Texas is Sunny
Sunny
106 |83 °F
41 |28 °C
0% Chance
Precipitation
Sunday
Sunday's Weather Forecast For Frisco, Texas is Mostly Sunny
Mostly Sunny
105 |82 °F
41 |28 °C
0% Chance
Precipitation
Monday
Monday's Weather Forecast For Frisco, Texas is Isolated Storms
Isolated Storms
100 |75 °F
38 |24 °C
13% Chance
Precipitation
Tuesday
Tuesday's Weather Forecast For Frisco, Texas is Chance of Storms
Chance of Storms
98 |80 °F
37 |27 °C
33% Chance
Precipitation
Wednesday
Wednesday's Weather Forecast For Frisco, Texas is Mostly Sunny
Mostly Sunny
104 |79 °F
40 |26 °C
0% Chance
Precipitation
Thursday
Thursday's Weather Forecast For Frisco, Texas is Mostly Sunny
Mostly Sunny
105 |83 °F
40 |28 °C
0% Chance
Precipitation

I guess there is no need for an outside grill, just run outside and put the hamburgers and hotdogs on the hood of your car. 😉

Your lows are our high temperatures.😎

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

We are back for another day at USF and IOA.  

I thought this was a neat little optical trick that some may not know about.  If anyone watched the first Harry Potter movie, he had to walk through a brick wall at Kings Crossing to get to platform 9 3/4.  

Grandson and Susan both walk thru the wall. 

Awesome!!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks, Deb, for the housing wishes.

They just landed there yesterday afternoon... They like the weather, cloudy, no rain. After the oppressive heat and high humidity here, that's the best change, so far....

The first pic they've sent, in front of the apartment complex where their sub-let is --

image.thumb.jpeg.1e44f4ddc58af653e393b375f75fe3d9.jpeg

The boys look happy in their new environment.  I wish your DS, DIL and 2 grandsons happiness and success in their new Country, Dani.  (((Hugs))❤️

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

All of this talk about how nobody here really drinks alcohol has made me thirsty.  I was by our closest Total Wine, which is about 45 minutes away, and stopped in to shop.  They have Pierre Ferrand Dry Curacao which I can't find near me, so I picked up a bottle for the original version of a Mai Tai (rum, curacao, lime juice, orgeat syrup...no other fruit juices).  I was in the mood for the original version and made one today for happy hour.  Very tasty, but it didn't last long.

I also made some homemade demerara simple syrup which I used for my second happy hour cocktail...a daiquiri using a twist on the classic recipe...which is just light rum, lime juice, and sugar served up in a chilled coupe glass (i.e. not frozen and no other flavors added).  I did however modify the true classic recipe by using Jamaican rum (Appleton Estate 8 year) and semi-rich demerara syrup.  Very different from a classic daiquiri but really nice if you like Jamaican rum.  I used the Anders Erickson recipe.

Once the Daiquiri is gone (sipping it right now), we're off to make homemade pesto to serve over pasta.  Yum.

• Like 12

16 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We just hit the Cincinnati area and passed the stadiums 🏟.   Got here at a bad time.  Added an hour to driving. 

image.thumb.png.a64234da82cdd2342cbb591eff46e9db.png

Looks like you were on I-471 crossing the Daniel Carter Beard Bridge, aka the Big Mac Bridge.  Rush hour in Cincinnati doesn't last long but if you catch it just right, and toss in traffic to a Reds game tonight, you would definitely be delayed.

2 hours ago, brillohead said:

I don't know what Chewy charges for shipping, but Amazon has them for the same price with free shipping, too.

If order is 50 or more shipping is free on Chewy. Just did our normal Friday martini lunch at our favorite restaurant, her car showed temperature was 120 when we left. Doing a cocktail party in a couple of hours luckily it’s just a few doors from our house.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Looks like you were on I-471 crossing the Daniel Carter Beard Bridge, aka the Big Mac Bridge.  Rush hour in Cincinnati doesn't last long but if you catch it just right, and toss in traffic to a Reds game tonight, you would definitely be delayed.

Our group is in 4 different vehicles and started at different times.  1st made it early and already at the Stadium,  we are at Sharon's DB now.  3rd was not far behind us and is going straight to the Stadium.   The 4th is 100 miles away and has been in stand still traffic due to an accident. 

I love coming here.  Old memories.   Will be going to Skyline soon!

• Like 4

On 8/3/2023 at 5:20 PM, Keksie said:

Elmer is diabetic.  He has been on insulin now for 3 years.  It took a few months to get the right dosage.  He gets 6 units twice a day.  He would not eat the special food so he eats the regular cat food.  The vet is happy with his weight (he lost a lot of weight before he was diagnosed) and his spot glucose readings.  He doesn't mind the shots.  I give them between his shoulder blades.  I use 0.5ml, 8mm syringes and he doesn't seem to notice.  Always make sure it is given on a full stomach.  

I have also had a dog with diabetes who lived a long time. 

Resized_20230803_161710.thumb.jpeg.e8e4ad6dd88e1f483bbafa306299ca1f.jpeg

Thanks, guys for encouraging words. 
it is good to know Cooper can live out his normal life span. 
After my husband was diagnosed in 1996 when he was 62, he started walking. 
Last week, at 89, he got a  bicycle. 
He didn’t tell me till I asked why there was a bike in the garage. 

• Like 14

10 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I'm the same way as you. I'll drink every day on a cruise and then go long stretches of not drinking when I get home.  Maybe not months but weeks, not including weekends. And the weekend starts Friday night so that excluded as well.  And Wednesday as that's hump day.  And occasionally Thursday as that it really Friday Eve so it's technically part of the weekend.

So now that I think about it, just Monday & Tuesdays are drink-free. But it seems like months so its the same thing, right? 😇😅

Great minds think alike!  cheers 🍻 Mark

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

All of this talk about how nobody here really drinks alcohol has made me thirsty.  I was by our closest Total Wine, which is about 45 minutes away, and stopped in to shop.  They have Pierre Ferrand Dry Curacao which I can't find near me, so I picked up a bottle for the original version of a Mai Tai (rum, curacao, lime juice, orgeat syrup...no other fruit juices).  I was in the mood for the original version and made one today for happy hour.  Very tasty, but it didn't last long.

I also made some homemade demerara simple syrup which I used for my second happy hour cocktail...a daiquiri using a twist on the classic recipe...which is just light rum, lime juice, and sugar served up in a chilled coupe glass (i.e. not frozen and no other flavors added).  I did however modify the true classic recipe by using Jamaican rum (Appleton Estate 8 year) and semi-rich demerara syrup.  Very different from a classic daiquiri but really nice if you like Jamaican rum.  I used the Anders Erickson recipe.

Once the Daiquiri is gone (sipping it right now), we're off to make homemade pesto to serve over pasta.  Yum.

Would you mind sharing the full recipe for your Mai Tai?  I seem to remember you talking about trying to recreate the ones you had in Hawaii (maybe from your review?).  

For those that have dined with the revised MDR menu in 2023, any suggestions on what's good to order for dinner nightly? 

I have checked YouTube for some reviews on the new menu and I more or less know I will order for the upcoming cruise next week but just checking if anyone here has any "must-order" suggestions from the MDR menu? 

It's a short 4-night cruise so I think we have the Welcome Aboard Dinner on night 1.  The Royal App says day 2 is "A Taste of Mexico".  Day 3 is "Taste of Italy".

Day 4 is curious in that it's an alcohol-only listing.  No food is listed.  Maybe for some that would be a good thing...

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

tempFileForShare_20230804-175331(1).thumb.jpg.007573f4ae16804a818895285faf74ab.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, harryfat1 said:

For those that have dined with the revised MDR menu in 2023, any suggestions on what's good to order for dinner nightly? 

I have checked YouTube for some reviews on the new menu and I more or less know I will order for the upcoming cruise next week but just checking if anyone here has any "must-order" suggestions from the MDR menu? 

It's a short 4-night cruise so I think we have the Welcome Aboard Dinner on night 1.  The Royal App says day 2 is "A Taste of Mexico".  Day 3 is "Taste of Italy".

Day 4 is curious in that it's an alcohol-only listing.  No food is listed.  Maybe for some that would be a good thing...

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

tempFileForShare_20230804-175331(1).thumb.jpg.007573f4ae16804a818895285faf74ab.jpg

Are you going to try Navigator, Harry? Bon Voyage! ☺️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coralc said:

Are you going to try Navigator, Harry? Bon Voyage! ☺️

Hi Patti, 

Thanks. Yes, sailing on the Navigator on Monday. Driving down to LA Sunday morning. 

As I haven't cruised to the warm climate for the past 5 years, I realized some of my more dressy shorts are a tad too tight. Blame it Covid period for the weight gain...🤪

Yeah, I know, here I am asking about food info for the cruise while I'm more rounded than ever. My wife says I look like I'm 5 months pregnant...🙃

• Haha 9

On 8/2/2023 at 2:42 PM, Ocean Boy said:

Ok cat folks. Jade was supposed to go to the vet today for a checkup. She would have nothing to do with getting into the carrier and I have a clawed up bloody arm to prove it. Had to cancel. Never had this issue before with dogs or cats. Any suggestions? Oh yeah, now she is eating treats out of my recently bloody hand.🙄

Ouch ! Have you tried putting the treats at the back of the carrier, perhaps she'll go in on her own accord , or a line of small treats leading into the carrier ?

• Like 1

On 8/2/2023 at 7:58 PM, mo&fran said:

My throat cancer treatment is finally started, Just had my first chemo. Now waiting for the radiation treatments to get scheduled,  This all started when I noticed a lump on the side of my neck on our last cruise on May 20. Went to PCP the next week, who scheduled a CT scan that led to the initial diagnosis. 

Situation became a series of requirements that had to be completed , one after the other. Each step was with a new doctor. Because the cancer is in my throat,

The process included a dentist, an ENT  (ear,nose,throat). oral surgeon, GI (gastro) . We are lucky, most are booked solid, but given the situation, they found quick appointments where there were none available when we first called.

Best wishes for a pain-free and successful treatment. Sounds like you are getting very good care

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1