Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

On a plane headed to Cincinnati, again. Third wedding in less than 2 months. Our daughter and 2 of her friends all getting married at the same time. Should be a fun wedding. 

When I got married 32 years ago I had to change planes in Cincinnati, only one person was in first plane was half full but someone was in my seat , I talked to flight attendant and said I was going to Buffalo to be married, I was hoping they would tell me to sit in first class but no, at end of the flight they gave me a large bag with several bottles of wine. The one person in first was Boomer Esiason.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, NHProud said:

@dani negreanu Rockets hitting an apartment in Tel Aviv . So worried about you and your family. I can’t imagine what it is like for you and your country. 

Thankfully, Israelis heed those sirens immediately to get to their bomb shelters.  No casualties were sustained.

When I took walks in Israel, I passed many signs for bomb shelters with an arrow.  Not everyone is home near their building shelter when those sirens go off.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 8

7 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Thankfully, Israelis heed those sirens immediately to get to their bomb shelters.  No casualties were sustained.

When I took walks in Israel, I passed many signs for bomb shelters with an arrow.  Not everyone is home near their building shelter when those sirens go off.

Can Israelis citizens carry guns , like Texans can ? 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

But she said her son living in Israel is in a building without a shelter.  So if it’s the middle of the night he must leave his apartment?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NHProud said:

@dani negreanu Rockets hitting an apartment in Tel Aviv . So worried about you and your family. I can’t imagine what it is like for you and your country. 

Prayers 🙏 on their way for Dani @dani negreanu her family and all of Israel.

Pauline and I are thinking about you all of the time.

Please take care.

Graham.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Toby’s sisters other brother in law died tonight.I knew him 58 years.His funeral is Sunday and I am physically unable to go .

I am so sorry for your and Toby's loss.  I am also sorry that you can not physically attend, Lenny.😢

• Like 3

7 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

On a plane headed to Cincinnati, again. Third wedding in less than 2 months. Our daughter and 2 of her friends all getting married at the same time. Should be a fun wedding. 

Have a wonderful time at your daughters wedding.  Great idea to have joint weddings,  spread the cost, spread the love ❤️ 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Wow, with everything you are going though you still remember birthdays happening on this thread. I'm not sure what to even say about that.

I was thinking the same thing, OB!  Dani, you will never cease to amaze me!  God Bless you, my friend! @dani negreanu🌹  Stay safe!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, George C said:

Many of Jack's friends in Israel have guns.  

I worked with many people here in TX who had guns.  One co worker was a 24 year old girl, one a 55 year old woman.  Both claimed they have guns for personal safety. Very liberal laws for sure.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Oh, that sounds like fun, Bob!  I bet there's going to be lots of dancing this weekend!  It is such a special time when you get to see and attend your daughter's dear friends at their Weddings!  Enjoy!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

Thank you, Bonnie.💕

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NHProud said:

@NHProud   Judy, luckily, just 4 minor injuries. Iron Dome is doing a good job, but it is not full proof. When many rockets are launched at the same time, one or two might not be intercepted... The flat which took the direct hit was empty.

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

But she said her son living in Israel is in a building without a shelter.  So if it’s the middle of the night he must leave his apartment?

@helen haywood  

Marian,

Yes, he's leaving his apt. every time the alarm is sound.

His rented apt. is at street level, and he goes down to -1, which, basically is the foundation pillars. Other renters and he filled the gaps between the pillars with sand sacks... Those living in the upper floors are exiting their apts and stay on the stairs, since they'll not have enough time to arrive at -1. No elevator in this very old building. Hope my explanation makes sense...

1 hour ago, George C said:

Combat soldiers and reservists in active duty carry guns. Policemen.

Civilians -- not so much. You need a license, no previous "close encounters" with the law, and a valid reason for asking to carry. It takes between 3 and 6 months, and thorough checks are carried out.

Edited by dani negreanu
clarification
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 17

5 hours ago, voyager70 said:

Would like to add my birthday wishes to one of the nicest people on these boards, Graham @grapau27

4 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Happy  Birthday @grapau27

How does it feel to finally turn 30? 😉😇

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

@grapau27

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRAHAM!!!  I HOPE IT WAS WONDERFUL!!💖🎈💖🎈💖

51 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Happy Birthday Graham!  Looks like you enjoyed it!

Thank you friends for your birthday wishes.

Graham.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Civilians -- not so much. You need a license, no previous "close encounters" with the law, and a valid reason for asking to carry. It takes between 3 and 6 months, and thorough checks are carried out.

They did have a story on our news, that they were expediting the process in Israel so it would not take so long.   Still a much longer process, and more training than we have here.

I don’t think I know anyone who doesn’t have at least one gun.

• Like 3

@dani negreanu Dani, we all breathe a sigh of relief when we see your posts.

@h20skibum Mark, except for the 2 gals I worked with, I know nobody that has a gun, although I suspect some do not broadcast the fact.

Ms. Congeniality the movie, Candace Bergen:  "This is Texas, everybody has a gun.  My florist has a gun".

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Tis the Season. @Sea Dog...Since last year kind of skipped over Christmas because our Kitchen remodel.

Have lots of trees this year!  Put up 8 trees yesterday. Only 2 so far are decorated. Will show all the trees again when all are decorated.

All the trees have some kind of theme. First 2 are 9 ft. Trees, others are all 7 1/2 ft. Except the last tree which is a table top tree about 3 ft.

Phillies Tree by ( Front door)

20231026_212420.jpg

Wilderness tree in (Kitchen)

20231026_212322.jpg

ButterFlies and Dragon Flies Tree (Sunroom)

20231026_212529.jpg

Seashell/Cruise Tree (Guest Bedroom)

20231026_212638.jpg

John Deere Tree (Guest Room/ Office)

20231026_212739.jpg

Twilight Tree  (Master Bedroom)

20231026_212919.jpg

Disney Tree (Downstairs In-Law Suite)

20231026_213416.jpg

Flocked Angel Tree (Bonus Room Overtop Garage)

20231026_213200.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 20

4 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Tis the Season....Since last year kind of skipped over Christmas because our Kitchen remodel.

Have lots of trees this year!  Put up 8 trees yesterday. Only 2 so far our decorated. Will show all the trees again when all are decorated.

All the trees have some kind of theme. First 2 are 9 ft. Trees,other are all 7 1/2 ft. Except the last tree which is a table top tree about 3 ft.

20231026_212420.jpg

20231026_212322.jpg

20231026_212529.jpg

20231026_212638.jpg

20231026_212739.jpg

20231026_212919.jpg

20231026_213416.jpg

20231026_213200.jpg

Beautiful!  I love the idea of having a Christmas tree in many rooms.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

@NHProud   Judy, luckily, just 4 minor injuries. Iron Dome is doing a good job, but it is not full proof. When many rockets are launched at the same time, one or two might not be intercepted... The flat which took the direct hit was empty.

@helen haywood  

Marian,

Yes, he's leaving his apt. every time the alarm is sound.

His rented apt. is at street level, and he goes down to -1, which, basically is the foundation pillars. Other renters and he filled the gaps between the pillars with sand sacks... Those living in the upper floors are exiting their apts and stay on the stairs, since they'll not have enough time to arrive at -1. No elevator in this very old building. Hope my explanation makes sense...

It seems to me laws should be reversed citizens in Israel specially in Gaza Strip area should have been allowed guns and here in Texas they should at least have a valid reason to carry . 

• Like 4