Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

As you know, Dallas has great restaurants.  Many in Plano in the new area, Legacy West, and The Star are where the Cowboys train.  I think the better Old World restaurants are in Dallas proper.

Is the new seafood restaurant in Addison?

This is in Plano on Preston, it’s Sea Breeze Fish Market and Grill , it’s rated as one of the best seafood restaurants in Dallas, service was excellent.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Funny he never struck me as a martial arts kinda guy. Probably trying to make up for all those times he was bullied as a kid.

LOL. The Zuckerberg/Musk cage match was big news out here. He has been training and had the cage constructed. He has been fighting others. California is weird. Mark is in Zuckerberg SF General Hospital. I am sure he gets very good care. ☺️

More Google. They contributed 75 million to the construction of the hospital. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Aw, you and Eric are wonderful neighbors to have, also!  

I'm sorry you are battling a sinus infection this week.  My friend is also on Augmentin.  She doesn't feel that it's helping her much if at all.  She actually threw up after her first day taking it.

I hope you start to feel better quickly, Debbie!🥰

@Sunshine3601 Debbie get well wishes from me too!

40 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Never too early! I’ve seen it hundreds of times and it never gets old.

IMG_3710.thumb.jpeg.809d74308b1acda8c5359a53cce07d58.jpeg 

Cousin Eddy!  The **iter's full.

25 minutes ago, George C said:

This is in Plano on Preston, it’s Sea Breeze Fish Market and Grill , it’s rated as one of the best seafood restaurants in Dallas, service was excellent.

I know exactly where it is although I've never eaten there.    Breadwinner's is in that area.  Great place for lunch, unusual sandwiches.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I’ve always wanted to visit NYC At Christmas. Just to see all the store fronts, the Rockefeller Tree and est at some amazing restaurants. Have fun and let me know where you all go. Cheers!

Greg, as a Christmas fan you should definitely do NYC at least once.  Between the trees, window displays, Bryant Park Winter Village, IMG_0638.thumb.jpeg.714d91f0a4ef7fab1de4de6addfc9cab.jpegIMG_0651.thumb.jpeg.a22ec626da60349e16f60fd6c7953d51.jpegIMG_0649.thumb.jpeg.c24719d4b59ae0576eb8e35765ad5246.jpegIMG_0650.thumb.jpeg.5d0f879ca71490f63b179cf6fa92a48c.jpegIMG_1144.thumb.jpeg.aa7b58748cd4693da4ab231b012e96bf.jpegand all that, it’s amazing 

Edited by Husky1987
  • Like 13

9 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Home from biking, relaxing, and drinking an "Odyssey"

Someone seems to want a sip...

20231104_144630.thumb.jpg.b78bbc43e599496d483fab4d212e87ad.jpg

This brought back memories!  MANY years ago I had a Siamese kitten and was having a hard time naming her.  I left my drink on the end table while I went to the bathroom, and when I came back, she was drinking from it.  She ended up being  named Mai Tai.  

Thanks for the memory OB.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

29 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

Greg, as a Christmas fan you should definitely do NYC at least once.  Between the trees, window displays, Bryant Park Winter Village, ad all that, it’s amazing 

I agree!  I went to NYC for the Thanksgiving Day Parade several years ago, and spent a week.  Christmas is fabulous in NYC if you like the decorations.  

• Like 5

All packed, but for the last minute stuff.  Off tomorrow on the Crown Princess for a 16 night R/T cruise to Hawaii from San Francisco,  I am flying tomorrow, but booked my air thru Princess so not too worried,.  If I have to spend 5 nights in SF at their expense, I'm OK with that.😁  This was booked because I was flying up North for Thanksgiving with the family, and decided to make the most out of the flight,  

• Like 21

39 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

All packed, but for the last minute stuff.  Off tomorrow on the Crown Princess for a 16 night R/T cruise to Hawaii from San Francisco,  I am flying tomorrow, but booked my air thru Princess so not too worried,.  If I have to spend 5 nights in SF at their expense, I'm OK with that.😁  This was booked because I was flying up North for Thanksgiving with the family, and decided to make the most out of the flight,  

That sounds like a fun cruise.   Have fun.   Looking forward to some pics!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

Stay Well Pat. We keep looking at them, but they always end up on the Noro (or covid) lists. Other than that, Have a fabulous cruise!☺️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, taznremmy said:

Sounds fantastic Pat. Have a great cruise and Bon Voyage. I would be interested in how you like Princezst and the comparison between them and Royal..

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, taznremmy said:

Enjoy that cruise.  We did that R/T from San Francisco on the Grand Princess for my retirement cruise.  Are they substituting a port for Lahaina?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, taznremmy said:

I hope you have an amazing Hawaiian cruise on Crown Princess.

We did this cruise on Grand Princess November/December 2019 and had a wonderful time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We were out to dinner last night, after doing yard work.  Saw this in the parking lot.  I always wondered how how obstructed your view would be, driving this. 

IMG_9280.thumb.jpeg.e501f5d82f5d8a98fe73bb0eb0e4f919.jpeg

Since it is seasonal cocktail time, I tried the honey apple crisp.  A drink and desert all in one. 

IMG_9278.thumb.jpeg.73281e51365c07065f96c3b8caa79e7e.jpeg

Main course was mini filets and shrimp in Cajun sauce seasoning.  

IMG_9279.thumb.jpeg.b8af58fa3243e605b14cf9c56f8140c5.jpeg

• Like 17

9 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

Just made reservations for a few days pre-Christmas in New York.  Nothing like Christmastime in NYC.  Trying the Virgin hotel on B roadway between 29th and 30th for the first time, looks pretty nice.

My son and partner are flying over from UK mid Dec for a few days stay in NYC

• Like 9

45 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is 46°F and sunny here.

It is Bonfire night (Guy Fawkes) night in the UK.

I hope everyone is safe and well.

Screenshot_20231105_105243.jpg

Screenshot_20231105_105320.jpg

It was surprisingly quite last night,  being a Saturday most municipal celebrations were held last night. Maybe it'll be busier (noiser) tonight.

Poor molly isn’t keen on the bangs 

Finally enjoying sunny but cold weather after all the rain we've had recently. 

• Like 4

After eight years of using a Fitbit fitness tracker, I finally moved to an Apple Watch.  I got the new series 9, because I didn’t think the new release would be on Black Friday sales, and I got this one, almost free.  

IMG_9283.thumb.jpeg.9b576da09b2c4687a93ccc99c66d5670.jpeg

Susan and I had participated in a two year heart study.  As part of the study, she was in an Apple Watch group, and got her Apple Watch for $50.  I was in an iPhone only control group, so no cheap watch for me.  However, we earned points that let us convert them to a Best Buy gift card.  So the gift cards essentially paid for this watch. 

Only used it for a day so far, but I like the features it has.  I had to modify the watch face to show steps and distance, as well as other things I am interested in.  

• Like 12

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

We were out to dinner last night, after doing yard work.  Saw this in the parking lot.  I always wondered how how obstructed your view would be, driving this. 

IMG_9280.thumb.jpeg.e501f5d82f5d8a98fe73bb0eb0e4f919.jpeg

Since it is seasonal cocktail time, I tried the honey apple crisp.  A drink and desert all in one. 

IMG_9278.thumb.jpeg.73281e51365c07065f96c3b8caa79e7e.jpeg

Main course was mini filets and shrimp in Cajun sauce seasoning.  

IMG_9279.thumb.jpeg.b8af58fa3243e605b14cf9c56f8140c5.jpeg

I don’t know what is more salivating, the Vette or the twin filets Both look very YT.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Watching Bama and the Tigers(100,000 people in the stands in Alabama) here which both could probably beat 4 or 5 NFL teams easily. 

Not even close, although people seem to like to say this all the time.  The worst NFL team is still made up of the best college players, who are now bigger, stronger, and more experienced than they were when playing in college.  Bama had 10 players drafted this year...more than any other team except Georgia who also had 10.  That means that 12 of their starters, and another 5-10 who don't start but play regularly, weren't even good enough to play pro.  I haven't verified this but of the 10 Bama players who were drafted, several are probably sitting on the bench, and a couple may not have even made the team.  Just look at how easy #1 draft pick Bryce Young made things look last year at Bama, and how much he has struggled this year against NFL defenses.

That doesn't mean that teams like Bama and LSU aren't very good and fun to watch...their just not even close to being in the same league as any NFL team.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Aw, you and Eric are wonderful neighbors to have, also!  

I'm sorry you are battling a sinus infection this week.  My friend is also on Augmentin.  She doesn't feel that it's helping her much if at all.  She actually threw up after her first day taking it.

I hope you start to feel better quickly, Debbie!🥰

Thank you😊 I feel the augmentin has helped as i can breathe through my nose again although doing leaves yesterday didn't help me.  

I hope your friend feels better soon.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, taznremmy said:

Have a wonderful cruise!

We did the 16 night RT Hawaii on the Ruby Princess from LA some years ago. Absolutely loved that cruise. Would have loved to do it again but never got an opportunity.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1