Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

42 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

That is what I get when trying to get to "contents I have posted in". I just tried to get into my account to bring up my email and that is working fine.

When I go to that on my iPhone, it is working fine. 

IMG_9292.thumb.png.98764e57e24b99f185dca23dc7a251e8.png

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Hello my friends. Sorry I haven’t been around lately. I’ve been busy with rehab, rest, drugs, rehab,rest and drugs. I am beginning to walk better. My biggest problem is still this d%#n catheter.

IMG_3738.thumb.jpeg.e60bfa4f5cca7ba0df4b8f7bbf4fb4ae.jpeg

IMG_3731.thumb.jpeg.75c757a7321f8fc2b05166bdb3c71b40.jpeg

Charlie and Lizzy have not left my side which is nice.

Wishing you a speedy recovery. , Greg ! Are you elevating your surgical leg and icing your knee ?  Hubby and I went for a walk this morning and he outlasted me and it’s been 6 months since his knee surgery and a year since his first knee replacement.  

PT guy was at our home the next day after surgery. As you know he was discharged 8 hours after his surgery.  PT didn’t bother him all that much so I guess hubby was very lucky . 

Good luck ! 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Hello my friends. Sorry I haven’t been around lately. I’ve been busy with rehab, rest, drugs, rehab,rest and drugs. I am beginning to walk better. My biggest problem is still this d%#n catheter.

IMG_3738.thumb.jpeg.e60bfa4f5cca7ba0df4b8f7bbf4fb4ae.jpeg

IMG_3731.thumb.jpeg.75c757a7321f8fc2b05166bdb3c71b40.jpeg

Charlie and Lizzy have not left my side which is nice.

Why  do you still need catheter when you now can get up and walk around on your own.

30 minutes ago, NHProud said:

Wishing you a speedy recovery. , Greg ! Are you elevating your surgical leg and icing your knee ?  Hubby and I went for a walk this morning and he outlasted me and it’s been 6 months since his knee surgery and a year since his first knee replacement.  

PT guy was at our home the next day after surgery. As you know he was discharged 8 hours after his surgery.  PT didn’t bother him all that much so I guess hubby was very lucky . 

Good luck ! 

Yes I do elevate and I have a ice machine on it now. Had my first therapy session yesterday and it went well. I’m happy that your husband is doing well. I hope one day to be at his level.

19 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Why  do you still need catheter when you now can get up and walk around on your own.

Good question and it’s what I been asking. The urologist says the catheter must stay in at least 9 days to give prostate time to shrink. I tried to get the appointment moved up but they will not do it. Very frustrating.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes I do elevate and I have a ice machine on it now. Had my first therapy session yesterday and it went well. I’m happy that your husband is doing well. I hope one day to be at his level.

Good question and it’s what I been asking. The urologist says the catheter must stay in at least 9 days to give prostate time to shrink. I tried to get the appointment moved up but they will not do it. Very frustrating.

You will be more frustrated if they take it out and then have to put it back in. Be patient.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

You will be more frustrated if they take it out and then have to put it back in. Be patient.

Thats exactly what the the urologist said.  How will they know if everything is good when they do take it out?

4 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Thats exactly what the the urologist said.  How will they know if everything is good when they do take it out?

They will know when you urinate on your own. Over time doctors are actually able to learn what does, and does not, work. Your urologist is certainly aware of time frames for what is usually necessary for a catheter to be in place. This just like we know time frames for all sorts of other conditions and treatments.

• Like 9

Just now, Ocean Boy said:

They will know when you urinate on your own. Over time doctors are actually able to learn what does, and dies not, work. Your urologist is certainly aware of time frames for what is usually necessary for a catheter to be in place. This just like we know time frames for all sorts of other conditions and treatments.

Thank you OB. I am hoping that it will be okay to take it out.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Everything seems to be working for me now on Android.

After seeing this I checked again and all is fine with mine too.  And I still have the old closed email address in my account.   If I put a working one in do they send a lot of email?

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

They will know when you urinate on your own. Over time doctors are actually able to learn what does, and does not, work. Your urologist is certainly aware of time frames for what is usually necessary for a catheter to be in place. This just like we know time frames for all sorts of other conditions and treatments.

A while back I had a friend pull one out on his own and it hurt!  Don't they have a balloon on the end of them?  I have had to have them at home before after having kidney stones removed. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Do you mean me too I am getting the message or you use an old email account?

I have an old email which was hacked so I deleted it.

I get lots of notifications regularly on my phone when anyone has quoted me or any reactions to my posts.

Screenshot_20231107_195305.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

A while back I had a friend pull one out on his own and it hurt!  Don't they have a balloon on the end of them?  I have had to have them at home before after having kidney stones removed. 

Yes, there is a balloon to keep the catheter in. You don't want to pull it out without deflating the balloon. It not only hurts but can cause a lot of damage to the urethra.... the tube you urinate through.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

After seeing this I checked again and all is fine with mine too.  And I still have the old closed email address in my account.   If I put a working one in do they send a lot of email?

No, I rarely get CC email. Just make sure your setting are for no notifications or you will get a notice (email) everytime someone posts to one of your subscribed groups. This group alone will blow up your phone.🫨

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

We had a pet rabbit that chewed through computer cords…

My previous cat loved coaxial cables. I don't know how many times I would get home from work, turn on the TV and then have to go to Walmart to buy a replacement cable for the cable TV box.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

I have an old email which was hacked so I deleted it.

I get lots of notifications regularly on my phone when anyone has quoted me or any reactions to my posts.

Screenshot_20231107_195305.jpg

Then change your setting to no notifications if you prefer not to get them.

• Like 3

Having a catheter was the second most painful thing I ever experienced..That was after my spine surgery in 2010.The most painful was having a Bone Marrow Biopsy in 2015.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

My previous cat loved coaxial cables. I don't know how many times I would get home from work, turn on the TV and then have to go to Walmart to buy a replacement cable for the cable TV box.

I had one that chewed through appliance cords (lamps, alarm clocks, etc.). I bought some electrical tape and spliced the cord pieces back together so that I could still use the appliances, then used clear packing tape to attach the entire length of the cords directly to the wall so the cat couldn't get them in his mouth. He also chewed halfway through one of the wooden slats under our bed. I saw the sawdust and thought it was pine litter residue - nope, he was chewing through the board. He was crazy.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

OB is correct. They told me the balloon on the other end helps keep it in the bladder. They will deflate it before taking it out. I can imagine taking it out is not going to feel very good at all.

• Like 1