Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

So the next cruise is Adventure.  Our first stop is Labadee.  We have been there once before but this experience will be different so I'm looking for a little advice.  On our previous trip to Labadee we were on a fairly full Oasis ship but we had a Cabana. We enjoyed ourselves immensely.   It was a Landmark anniversary cruise I pulled out the stops all week long.  This time on Adventure I have nothing booked yet.  This is going to be a full ship it looks like but it is Adventure instead of Oasis.  How full is Labadee going to feel and how is it going to be getting a lounger with some shade somewhere when I'm not one of the early ones off the ship.  I like to have a leisurely breakfast in the morning so I'd probably not be getting off the ship until 10am.  

Should I break down and get the beach bed at $380?  The Cabana's are off the table, they are just over $1000 a day.  They have these beach loungers for two for sale.  Should I get one of these or am I just wasting money and will easily find something similar without spending any extra money.

Screenshot2024-01-13at1_15_50PM.thumb.png.0f9db97abce71da27bf89045df9a458c.png

It’s a real shame the cabana pricing is so bad.  I love labadee cabanas but the cost now is totally out out of control.  😢 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

It’s a real shame the cabana pricing is so bad.  I love labadee cabanas but the cost now is totally out out of control.  😢 

When we were at Coco Beach Club this month in Coco Cay, all but two of the over water cabanas were empty, and others in the Beach Club were empty.

I guess they figured if they could sell those two at $4,000, they would make more than selling 10 at a more reasonable price.  All I have seen is an increase in price.  I keep watching prices for my August cruise, and everything is ridiculous. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

So the next cruise is Adventure.  Our first stop is Labadee.  We have been there once before but this experience will be different so I'm looking for a little advice.  On our previous trip to Labadee we were on a fairly full Oasis ship but we had a Cabana. We enjoyed ourselves immensely.   It was a Landmark anniversary cruise I pulled out the stops all week long.  This time on Adventure I have nothing booked yet.  This is going to be a full ship it looks like but it is Adventure instead of Oasis.  How full is Labadee going to feel and how is it going to be getting a lounger with some shade somewhere when I'm not one of the early ones off the ship.  I like to have a leisurely breakfast in the morning so I'd probably not be getting off the ship until 10am.  

Should I break down and get the beach bed at $380?  The Cabana's are off the table, they are just over $1000 a day.  They have these beach loungers for two for sale.  Should I get one of these or am I just wasting money and will easily find something similar without spending any extra money.

Are you the only ship there? If so the place will seem pretty empty. It will be easy to place a lounger in shade.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

@Sea Dog Good luck to your Chiefs tonight in that frozen tundra I keep hearing about.  Much whiskey would be needed for me in order to attend that game lol 😂 

There is not enough whiskey in the world for free that I would freeze my tail off and be there. I’ll watch from the cozy confines of my couch. The beer is a lot cheaper here too.

IMG_4040.thumb.jpeg.671cd70e1f2354baee2a6a48ea31a7e3.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

There is not enough whiskey in the world for free that I would freeze my tail off and be there. I’ll watch from the cozy confines of my couch. The beer is a lot cheaper here too.

IMG_4040.thumb.jpeg.671cd70e1f2354baee2a6a48ea31a7e3.jpeg

Greg, sitting in the Pub on Serenade and I will be cheering for the Chiefs as well!

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

Greg, sitting in the Pub on Serenade and I will be cheering for the Chiefs as well!

I wish I was with you. We need all the fans we can get. Say hi to John and Laura for me. Cheers to you Pat!!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I wish I was with you. We need all the fans we can get. Say hi to John and Laura for me. Cheers to you Pat!!!!

Will do Greg.  Wish you and Linda were here as well!  Good start to the game. 🤞

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

You  going to stay up for the whole game, getting late onboard. I'm assuming not a late night crowd onboard is it?

5 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

You  going to stay up for the whole game, getting late onboard. I'm assuming not a late night crowd onboard is it?

Guess it depends on who you hang out with.  Pub is pretty full.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Our dogs are too spoiled.😉

All of our pets should be spoiled, I fell sorry for Andy Reid’s mustache looks totally frozen might fall off . I sure you fell sorry for your old coworkers that are covering the game . 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, George C said:

All of our pets should be spoiled, I fell sorry for Andy Reid’s mustache looks totally frozen might fall off . I sure you fell sorry for your old coworkers that are covering the game . 

I’ve always had a mustache and I remember a few games where it was so cold shooting video I had icicles coming off mine.  I’ve already texted our photog at halftime and he said it’s really tough out there.

• Like 4

Can anyone remind me how to find a cabin number from the boarding card bar code?

Our cruise next month from Singapore still has no cabin assigned and I'm wondering if I should bid on a royal up

5 hours ago, sgmn said:

Can anyone remind me how to find a cabin number from the boarding card bar code?

Our cruise next month from Singapore still has no cabin assigned and I'm wondering if I should bid on a royal up

It’s the number after the dash in the screenshots below…IMG_1482.thumb.jpeg.dbd51a71d40bf83d182432935af968c9.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

The last time we were in Labadee was in September on the Independence. One ship in port. No crowds. I know people were off the ship since there were lines getting on and off, but the island seemed deserted, kind of, compared to previous times. I loved the peace and quiet.

We will be there in Feb on the Symphony.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

0233C9B3-A159-4B6E-9020-F92C9E7C39D4.thumb.jpeg.dd91d20a276f2627e4c0d843bc94e04e.jpeg

132D3AE6-05C7-441C-9BCF-B472954264FB.thumb.jpeg.9607ed5c84660b5210775de2a544f5c3.jpeg

6E7694CB-DF57-4841-A10C-6539A973FC83.thumb.jpeg.b1d59865747b41ad5ebe70a93e6af076.jpeg

8FA52AC1-2D3B-4472-B1C1-59DC498EF930.thumb.jpeg.8c98ca3e037f851b37d77a15e56847a3.jpeg

Photos from DH’s bushwalk in Sydney today - Jerusalem Bay Track to Taffy’s Rock Track & return - a challenging 17km walk in very humid conditions.    We have had a very humid summer so far, with one day last week being the muggiest day in Sydney on record.  Thankfully the rain only set in once they arrived home.

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 15

5 hours ago, sgmn said:

I would wait to see what is assigned and bid up from that. But that is just me. You do what ever you are good with.
My GTY for an upcoming cruise was assigned the same day I booked. But that cruise is in 3 weeks. I am very happy with the assignment. Is this you World Cruise segment?

6 hours ago, sgmn said:

55 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

It’s the number after the dash in the screenshots below…IMG_1482.thumb.jpeg.dbd51a71d40bf83d182432935af968c9.jpeg

If you have only the bar code, without the numbers below it, take a screenshot of the barcode.   Then upload it to an online bar code reader (there are several free ones).  It will return the numbers for the bar code.

As @SteelCityCruiser10 said, room number is the last 4 digits.  If you have a muster station assigned, it is a good chance your cabin has as well.

• Like 1