Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks, Deb.

Physically we're OK.

Our souls -- not so much.

Dire situation..... no end in the foreseeable future to this futile war 😢.

Some things are harder to deal with, such as what you are going through, when there is no end in sight.   Hang in there Dani.  🙏  we are all still and will always be thinking of you.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Dire situation..... no end in the foreseeable future to this futile war

I know it’s so sad. I wish there is something I could do to ease your pain.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Something tells me OB won't have his toes painted in pretty red for Valentine's Day.     Does Celebrity do the e-muster like Royal?

No I think he will go for blue!

• Haha 6

Does Celebrity do the e-muster like Royal?

Spoken as a loyal Celebrity cruiser…yes, you watch a video on your phone or cabin TV then check in at your Muster Station with either your Sea Pass card or your Express Pass.  What is great about Celebrity is when you first board…even if it’s early like 11 am you are able to go to your cabin which probably won’t be finished yet, but you collect your Sea Pass cards in a slot outside your cabin and you are allowed to go drop off your carry on bags…put stuff in the safe…put the wine you brought onboard in the fridge.  Which means people aren’t camped out at the Oceanview Cafe (think Windjammer) waiting for the cabins to be available.  Now how long SOLAS allows e-muster to continue is anyone’s guess.  The allowance was made when sailing recommenced to avoid crowding.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Can you spend some time with your family in Amsterdam?   Any future travel plans or cruises booked.    That would help heal your soul.    

We traveled because we really missed the grands, but our heart wasn't into it. We just couldn't "shake" from our minds what was and is happening here.

We simply cannot travel and worry whether will find our home in one piece when we return, or whether there will be flights back.

The "mood" is missing, even though our boys are past the "draft" stage and we don't have kidnapped people in our immediate "environment"....

When the war started,  our DIL's family were all in Italy  (annual vacation "sponsored" by our in laws 😎), since there was a Jewish holiday / school out. They were stuck in Italy for 2 additional weeks, all the flights to Israel being cancelled, and the only airline still flying was the Israeli one, which gave priority to all those who were called back to fight. The vast majority of the pilots were immediately called for reservist duty, so the number of flights was very reduced.

Only our son and his family managed to get back from Italy to Amsterdam....

• Like 13
  • Thanks 7

27 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

We traveled because we really missed the grands, but our heart wasn't into it. We just couldn't "shake" from our minds what was and is happening here.

We simply cannot travel and worry whether will find our home in one piece when we return, or whether there will be flights back.

The "mood" is missing, even though our boys are past the "draft" stage and we don't have kidnapped people in our immediate "environment"....

When the war started,  our DIL's family were all in Italy  (annual vacation "sponsored" by our in laws 😎), since there was a Jewish holiday / school out. They were stuck in Italy for 2 additional weeks, all the flights to Israel being cancelled, and the only airline still flying was the Israeli one, which gave priority to all those who were called back to fight. The vast majority of the pilots were immediately called for reservist duty, so the number of flights was very reduced.

I cannot even begin to fathom what you are going through.   Part of me would want to escape and go somewhere to distract me but as you said there will always be worry as long as this dreaded war is ongoing.     I hope and pray for peace in sight for you and your loved ones.   We All Love you and are here to help you at least try to escape reality for a little bit everyday.  ((((((💖))))))

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Maryann, please get that FL weather straightened out before we get there Feb 21st!

I'm trying, Deb!  I think perhaps the day after tomorrow it will begin improving around here.  I sure hope so!  We will be having a Jimmy Buffett party around the pool on the 22nd.  

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

My Boss and his Wife are saying the same thing.    They live in Cape Coral and Wife loves to take the dogs for walks to the beach, etc. while her DH (my boss) works remotely.     She said she has hardly made it to the beach.   It's either too cold, windy or raining.     

My Boss is flying up here today to stay for unknown amount of time.   Very sad to say his Brother that has been fighting pancreatic cancer for approx. 3 years.   He had been in remission for a while but has taken a fast downhill spiral in the last couple of weeks as the cancer metastasized to his Liver and Bones.    He was in excrutiating pain and went to the ER earlier in the week and they found tumors in his Spine and Neck and his stomach was distended with fluids.     He is signed up for at home hospice on Thursday and unsure how much longer he has.   Saying prayers he passes with no pain and at peace.   🙏

I hope Eric was able to get your clogged drain fixed today!

Cape Coral has really been getting the worst of the weather so far this Season!  Your boss's wife is right about it having been either too cold, windy, or raining.  I haven't been to the beach yet, other than to quickly drive to the beach last week to catch a Sunset.

I hope your Boss's brother can find some comfort and peace since being admitted to the hospital.🙏

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I cannot even begin to fathom what you are going through.   Part of me would want to escape and go somewhere to distract me but as you said there will always be worry as long as this dreaded war is ongoing.     I hope and pray for peace in sight for you and your loved ones.   We All Love you and are here to help you at least try to escape reality for a little bit everyday.  ((((((💖))))))

@dani negreanu  Perfectly said, Debbie.  Dani, please know that you are always in our thoughts and prayers,  Praying for peace for you and your Country.🙏  (((Hugs)))

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I had to go check.   I currently have a Teal loofa (OH NO! - Don't tell Eric)

See if it changes colors during the week.  😂

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Haha 6

6 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

+1 💞 from me, too, Dani. @dani negreanu. 😢 🙏🕊

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, h20skibum said:

We were pulling into our driveway after breakfast, and the grandkids saw a large bird in one of the trees in our front yard.  I look at it, and I say “that is a Cooper’s Hawk”

Our granddaughter says “Cooper’s **** !”  (Although what she said was not hawk, but something that rhymes with it.).  Of course, our grandson starts laughing, and he tries to correct her.  She tries again, and it she repeats several times “cooper’s ****, cooper’s ****”.  By now, Susan and I are laughing along with our grandson. 

Finally, our grandson says “stop it, the way you are saying it is a bad word.” 

I guess they haven’t taught that word in 3rd grade yet.  I won’t put the word there, because I want to pass GO. 

My son, when a toddler, had trouble with the word Truck. His Ts came out as Fs.  We had to switch to Lorries instead 

• Haha 15

10 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Thank you for the update Dani.  It's such an awful situation, I wish a sensible solution could be worked out which would give a lasting peace in the whole area. 

Every time I read about Israel in the news I think of you and yours.  So sad that even having breaks is difficult  and not a  solution to the stress of living in a war zone. Prayers to you both and your son 🙏 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

On 2/3/2024 at 9:44 PM, A&L_Ont said:

Wait, what???  You guys are on the same cruise?  I should have crashed it. 😀

I was going to post a picture if my seat on the plane but I didn't want to make you jealous....😁😁😁

• Haha 11

12 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Sorry to read all of this. I feel badly to be writing about what's happening on a cruise ship when you are dealing with such issues.😐

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2