Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

20 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I didn't even notice you take that picture.😁

That goes to show how much you pay attention to me. I told you I was going to make sure I only got the bottom of your legs/feet. 😁 

• Haha 6

4 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I finally won a RoyalUp.  We are 9 days out from boarding Adventure of the Seas and I got the email today.  Prior to this I was 0 / 9 in my Royalup bids.  We moved from a standard 4D balcony to a JS for $305. And not just a standard JS but an aft facing JS so we have the extra deep balcony.

I'm really surprised because the ship has been sold out for a couple of weeks and folks in the roll call have reported getting emails asking them to postpone their sailing for a refund and full credit for a future sailing or to downgrade from a balcony to an OV for a 50% FCC.  

Based on that I had no expectation that we would win our RoyalUp 🙂

We've had a couple of suites over the years... This is the first JS,  I know they don't come with any benefits but just the extra size will be nice and the extra large balcony will be great.

Screen Shot 2024-02-07 at 11.16.55 AM.png

This is awesome!  We’ve been lucky enough to win a least 2 royals ups maybe 3.  It’s a great feeling especially if your bid was on the low side!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

We haven’t been to Falmouth since 2019 and I can’t wait to get a proper pattie again. 

I could have stood in line and had a pattie marathon but I could not go beyond one. It was BIG and oh sooooo good. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

We should figure out some way to organize ourselves on this issue, to increase the chances that they will actually do something.  A bunch of individuals complaining doesn't seem to have any effect.  We've complained in the past on the post cruise survey and I've heard others say that they've done so also.  At a minimum, the high volume level eliminates the enjoyment of the event.  Micheline has to actually leave (although she hadn't cruised with her Loop earplugs yet).  Worst case, they are causing hearing damage.

What about on their FB page? I'm going to do that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

Once upon a Margaritaville.

20240207_175019.jpg

That is sad that they closed up.  That was always our place to go when we were in Falmouth.  Hang out at the swim up bar and have one of their Cuban sandwiches. 

Will have to look for someplace new if we ever have it for a port stop again. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I finally won a RoyalUp.  We are 9 days out from boarding Adventure of the Seas and I got the email today.  Prior to this I was 0 / 9 in my Royalup bids.  We moved from a standard 4D balcony to a JS for $305. And not just a standard JS but an aft facing JS so we have the extra deep balcony.

I'm really surprised because the ship has been sold out for a couple of weeks and folks in the roll call have reported getting emails asking them to postpone their sailing for a refund and full credit for a future sailing or to downgrade from a balcony to an OV for a 50% FCC.  

We've had a couple of suites over the years... This is the first JS,  I know they don't come with any benefits but just the extra size will be nice and the extra large balcony will be great.

Congratulations.  Love the extra room especially the closet.  😊 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Congrats. Our favorite location.

3 hours ago, Keksie said:

Kelly had her wellness check today.  She is approximately 6 months old.  If she is pregnant it is super early (the Dr. didn't feel anything).  She is healthy except for tapeworms which were taken care of at the appointment.  She is up to date on all her shots now and set up for a spay next Thursday.  No microchip was found.

Thank you for taking care of this sweet baby.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

@reallyitsmema

I hope you're busy cruising 🌺

You must be in my brain. I was literally just thinking about her & JC as I haven't seen them post in a long time.   I just assumed I missed their posts as lately I've been spending more time on LIVE review threads than here, which is actually very uncharacteristic of me.

• Thanks 1

Once upon a Margaritaville.

20240207_175019.jpg

33 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

That is sad that they closed up.  That was always our place to go when we were in Falmouth.  Hang out at the swim up bar and have one of their Cuban sandwiches. 

That is a shame. Last time I was in Falmouth, we did a Margaritaville Catamaran excursion. Snorkel first with snacks and drinks (in little cups) provided, followed by a beach party with food & drinks (in little cups) provided and ended up at Margaritaville, food and drinks NOT provided. I remember hanging out at the swim-up bar buying a beer & looking up at Liberty OTS and thinking I could be have a free beer there as I had the drink package.

Of course, I love swim-up bars so I had 2 more beers before heading back to the ship.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 3

Is anyone else having weird issues with CC? I had problems trying to get on for a few hours yesterday, kept getting a message the site is unavailable.  Finally when I was able to get on, the site was slow and I was not receiving any notifications of new posts for threads that I follow.

Now I'm being bombarded with multiple notifications for same posts I've already read.  Does CC really want me to read the same posts 4 or 5 times! 😒😬

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Is anyone else having weird issues with CC? I had problems trying to get on for a few hours yesterday, kept getting a message the site is unavailable.  Finally when I was able to get on, the site was slow and I was not receiving any notifications of new posts for threads that I follow.

Now I'm being bombarded with multiple notifications for same posts I've already read.  Does CC really want me to read the same posts 4 or 5 times! 😒😬

Same here.  My email was just flooded with 300 emails from CC, and they were not in any particular order   

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

I don't hate them like I do the iguanas. They have cost us $$$$$. 

Since I have no idea and have never lived with them.... What sort of expensive damage do iguanas cause? I am very curious. 😊

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Very nice in Aruba too. Cloudy but that kept it from becoming uncomfortably hot. The usual trade winds were not blowing today to cool things down.

What did you do while there today?  I'll probably just go to the beach while there;  we'll be there on St. Patrick's Day, and I think we're in Port until 10:00, if I remember right🤔

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Oh! Margaritaville Falmouth closed? Bummer. We enjoyed drinking there and listen to the music. I did not know that. I remember when they were first building it. It doesn't seem that long ago. Probably another pandemic casualty. 

• Like 4

I could have stood in line and had a pattie marathon but I could not go beyond one. It was BIG and oh sooooo good. 

We are there in March, not that I’m counting the days. 😅

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Since I have no idea and have never lived with them.... What sort of expensive damage do iguanas cause? I am very curious. 😊

They dig holes from the yard and under the seawall. We had to have an extra thick 130' footer put in. There's been a house or 2 that didn't take care of things and their seawall collapsed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

33 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Same here yesterday.  It would tell me "unavailable" try again later.  I then lost the thread entirely.  After this happened to two of the threads I was on, I gave up for an hour or two.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

What did you do while there today?  I'll probably just go to the beach while there;  we'll be there on St. Patrick's Day, and I think we're in Port until 10:00, if I remember right🤔

I just walked around town. I was going to go out to the lighthouse but decided not to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1