Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

@Sea Dog Greg, being born and raised in CA. of course I was cheering for the 49ers.  But KC is my next favorite team.  It was a great game and Mahomes is WOW!! …on and off the field.  
Go into your surgery with a smile on your face!  Keep us updated, we are all concerned about you.

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, George C said:

My wife as a lifelong Bills fan hates chiefs like she previously hated them he patriots, I respect them and believe Bills will conquer them soon. Both teams have a exciting Quarterback which is fun to follow.

I’ve never hated any other team. All teams have great players and great fans. I respect that. This game could have gone either way. I feel lucky that my home town team won. I have great respect for the 49’ers their team and organization. 

• Like 9

Don't be ridiculous. We don't "hate" any team. We watch the Super Bowl no matter who is playing. Of course, we root for a local team. But I thought the flying Ravens, Eagles and Seahawks was one of the best, and funniest commercials. 😃

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

@Sea Dog Greg, being born and raised in CA. of course I was cheering for the 49ers.  But KC is my next favorite team.  It was a great game and Mahomes is WOW!! …on and off the field.  
Go into your surgery with a smile on your face!  Keep us updated, we are all concerned about you.

Im not worried about my hernia as much as I am about my heart. The stress of that game really got to me.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I’ve never hated any other team. All teams have great players and great fans. I respect that. This game could have gone either way. I feel lucky that my home town team won. I have great respect for the 49’ers their team and organization. 

My wife is just frustrated with being a life long Bills fan , she would be happy if Taylor Swift would start dating Josh Allen 😁😁😁

• Haha 12

11 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Im not worried about my hernia as much as I am about my heart. The stress of that game really got to me.

Better get your heart in shape, you're going for a 3-peat next year.

• Like 4

Just now, HBE4 said:

Better get your heart in shape, you're going for a 3-peat next year.

Yes it’s easier when they play bad and lose. When it’s the Super Bowl all the pressure compounds itself.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

Interesting in that my surgery is the same day as the parade. I hope my surgeon is focused.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Good morning.

Congratulations to Kansas Chiefs.

I have never ever watched an American football game.

It was 34°F with frost on my car windscreen when I went out this morning.

I hope everyone is safe and well and y'all have a wonderful day.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, Coralc said:

Don't be ridiculous. We don't "hate" any team. We watch the Super Bowl no matter who is playing. Of course, we root for a local team. But I thought the flying Ravens, Eagles and Seahawks was one of the best, and funniest commercials. 😃

I loved that commercial!  It was unexpected and creative.  I was disappointed with the Clydesdale commercial, I expected more.  I’m not a football fan (we watch soccer), but since we’re in Miami between cruises we had it on.  Off Oasis yesterday and board Freedom today.  I hope our stop at Coco Cay is less exciting this week.

• Like 9

7 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Although Usher is very talented, I didn't much care for halftime but wished Alicia Keys was on longer.

My thoughts exactly.  The 10 seconds of her singing behind the piano were the best part of the whole halftime show.  I only recognized one song, so that didn't help. 

6 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I don’t know how many more Super Bowl games I can take. I was in a bad mood till the very end. I will say this to the haters.

NFL! "You can doubt the Chiefs. You can dislike the Chiefs. You can disrespect the Chiefs. You’re gonna have to deal with the Chiefs!"

Mitch Holthus, 

Congrats on the win Greg!  The Chiefs are now up there with the 49ers, Pats, and Steelers as a dynasty team.  The Bills have work to do to get by Mahomes and the Chiefs.  

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, ATG said:

Off Oasis yesterday and board Freedom today.  I hope our stop at Coco Cay is less exciting this week.

Which day are you at Coco Cay this week? I can tell you that there was plenty of talk on Odyssey last week about your visit to Perfect Day.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Which day are you at Coco Cay this week? I can tell you that there was plenty of talk on Odyssey last week about your visit to Perfect Day.

We were there on Tuesday.  And I guess Wednesday since the ship couldn’t get away from the dock until 2:00 am.  It certainly wasn’t a normal perfect day!

My only issue was how they handled refunds.  We had gotten a fairly good deal on the Beach Club.  We’d just sat down for lunch when they announced the closing.  The waitress rushed our lunch out and we gobbled it down.  The trek back to the ship was “interesting “.  I really didn’t expect a refund since we had been there for a few hours and did eat.  I overheard someone saying they got a refund.  So I went to guest services and they refunded the whole amount!  I had expected a small refund.  My issue is that I only got it because I overheard someone.  I think they should have done something for everybody.

• Like 10

@Sea Dog congrats on your Chiefs big win last night Greg!  I thought the game was a little sleepy for the first 3 quarters but it sure turned into a nail biter at the end. 
We’ve got a nor’easter moving in overnight tonight with 8-12 inches of snow predicted for our part of the state.  Not a very nice welcome home for @Ocean Boy ❄️🌨️!

• Like 6

Just now, Momof3gurlz said:

@Sea Dog congrats on your Chiefs big win last night Greg!  I thought the game was a little sleepy for the first 3 quarters but it sure turned into a nail biter at the end. 
We’ve got a nor’easter moving in overnight tonight with 8-12 inches of snow predicted for our part of the state.  Not a very nice welcome home for @Ocean Boy ❄️🌨️!

After being out of the office for a week this is the last thing I need.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

After being out of the office for a week this is the last thing I need.

That is Mother Nature’s way of saying welcome back to reality.   

It seems she always welcomes us home that way, after our winter cruises.

We are only supposed to get 3 to 5 inches from the storm on our end of the state. 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, ATG said:

My issue is that I only got it because I overheard someone.

Not unusual.  Probably less than 5-10% ask, so the rest is money they get to keep. 

Had a similar thing where we had horrible internet one day.  I saw some people lined up and complaining, and heard they were giving refunds.  Went back when it wasn’t crowded, and they refunded one day of internet to us.   If we wouldn’t have inquired, there would not have been a refund.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I was happy to see the nail biting excitement pick up in 4th qtr.   That's how  Superbowl should be.  Congratulations to the Chiefs.

I had recorded the game & start to watch it about 2 hours after it began. I fast-forward thru most of the first half, semi-watched the 3rd quarter& watched every second of 4th & OT.

Good game, love the comebacks & last second score tie it up. I feel like there was a time when the Super Bowl was always a blowout & pretty much over by halftime.  As you said, this is how a Super Bowl should be.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Thanks Deb! I’ll be glad when winter is over. I hope you get less snow than predicted.

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

My thoughts exactly.  The 10 seconds of her singing behind the piano were the best part of the whole halftime show.  I only recognized one song, so that didn't help. 

Congrats on the win Greg!  The Chiefs are now up there with the 49ers, Pats, and Steelers as a dynasty team.  The Bills have work to do to get by Mahomes and the Chiefs.  

Thanks Bob!

Glad for those rooting for the Chiefs, particularly @Sea Dog Greg. 

I was rooting for the 49ers by default as I really  wanted the Lions to be in the SB as they had a good season and they were considered to be underdogs.

We watched the 2nd half and thought Mahomes and team would pull out a touchdown in OT.

I am not sure why the 49ers didn’t have better coverage of the  end zone in that final play. 
But in the end one team would win and the other team would loose.

Mahomes will continue to be a formidable player who the other teams will have to deal with next season.

As for commercials- Nothing stellar seems to have gotten my attention.

I did think about the commercials for AI and Scientology. Different for sure.

State Farm was pretty good with Schwartzenager and DeVito focusing on the accents, but I hope they keep the young fellow who has been doing their commercials for awhile.

Another commercial that had a good amount of airtime was Temu.

A younger friend told me that they are becoming competitors for Amazon and are based in China. Anyone know about this company?

Wishing all posting here a good Monday.

Hoping those with storm predictions do not have much of the white stuff to deal with tomorrow. 
Long Island may get an inch or two.

It is Winter though.

Hoping those with cruise plans to escape the Winter have safe travels and enjoyable vacations!

Have a good day all!

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

I think Super Bowl commercials peaked in the 1990's & 2000's and have set a very high bar that is tough to live up to. The past few years have been underwhelming & this year was no exception.

A few that gave me a chuckle was the Uber Eats ad with Jelly Roll, Usher and Jennifer Aniston and being a fan of "Arrested Development", enjoyed the Reese Peanut Butter Cup (one of my favorite snacks) with Will Arnett doing the voice over & CeraVa moisturizer with Micheal Cera.

The worst were Home.com with Daniel Levy (even though I'm also a big fan of Schitts Creek) & the weird alien commercial with Martin Scorsese.  I guess advertisers figure all they need to do is just put a big name in a commercial and it'll be a hit.

The actual best commercial was the one that was NOT shown in it's entirety, Cardi B's Duck Plumper ad. CBS did not show the second half of the ad, too risque I guess. Here is the full, uncut version. I personally find it hilarious & think it's safe for work but I have a twisted mind.

Edited by HBE4
  • Haha 9

20 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

I did think about the commercials for AI and Scientology. Different for sure.

State Farm was pretty good with Schwartzenager and DeVito focusing on the accents, but I hope they keep the young fellow who has been doing their commercials for awhile.

I forgot about the State Farm ad with Arnold & Danny, that was also enjoyable. And I was surprised by the Scientology ad too, wondered how come they didn't feature their ship, The Freewind.

20 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

Another commercial that had a good amount of airtime was Temu.

A younger friend told me that they are becoming competitors for Amazon and are based in China. Anyone know about this company?

It seemed like Temu had the most airtime. They sure are spending big and your friend is right, it's a Chinese owned company that is a direct competitor to Amazon & Walmart selling low cost goods direct from factories & warehouses in China.  They are a legit company although a few people have had the usual concerns when dealing with overseas companies - unsafe products, skirting labor laws, etc.  Not sure if any of that it true.

Edited by HBE4
  • Thanks 1