Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

im trying to convince DW to go back to condo life but she still wants a house with a yard. 

I want some longer cruises and not worry. Booked a TA and another 10 day leg. But now that I'm not worried about home I want to book further afield. Even on harmony when I went before you, a artic blast came thru. My pipes could have burst. 5 degrees was forecast. Just time for freedom.

Also I'm older than you and my cruising days are  numbered. .. time to cruise while I can. 

I'm thinking I'm allowed some plants on the balcony, not a back yard like your wife wants, but I can play a little? Though this place is even bigger than I probably need, when you live near the ocean I found before more relatives came to visit lol. Need space for guests. Who knows, but I'm locked in now.

• Like 11

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I don't know about anyone else, but this page 4605 just kept repeating everyone's comments, over, and over, and over again🤔  CC acting weird again...

I noticed on the main page different threads will show replies but zero views.  

Example 12 replies, 0 views.  How can you have replies but no views. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

@Sea Dog best wishes for a successful surgery tomorrow.  Hoping this will allow you to more easily recover from your knee surgery.

@Sunshine3601 sorry to hear of your run i  with the mailbox.  Definitely dont miss driving in the snow.

Our son is in eastern PA, he usually downplays the weather, asked today and his reply yes we got quite a bit of snow.  We need to be up that way next month for a wedding, hoping Phil was right and all the snow will be done by then.

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm hoping I am on video to watch my slide.

🤣🤣☺️ I'm glad you are okay, with just some car damage. Out of control slides (well, really any car accident) are very scary and stressful. As is dealing with insurance and all the aftermath.

Maybe Eric can take you to work while the car is being repaired. It was convenient to be retired when my car was in the body shop recently, and we managed without a rental and just one vehicle for 10 days. we couldn't have done that when we were both working. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Icy path + ankle =. an early morning trip to hospital (once someone could be flagged down to help)at 6.30am and a teary call to parents in Australia in the early hours of the morning.  The winter season has ended prematurely for one of my “kids”.   Op in a few days time.

Greg, all the best for your op. Trust it all goes smoothly and you have a good recovery.

• Like 17

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Perfect description.  I've been watching it one episode at a time, several days apart, when there's nothing better to watch.  It's entertaining, but not binge worthy.  

I watched 7 episodes today.I found it very entertaining .

1 minute ago, lenquixote66 said:

Medical Doctors are normally not on salary .

Actually, private practitioners like me are becoming less and less. Physicians coming out these days are taking salaried position and don't want the headaches of running a business.

• Like 11

7 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Icy path + ankle =. an early morning trip to hospital (once someone could be flagged down to help)at 6.30am and a teary call to parents in Australia in the early hours of the morning.  The winter season has ended prematurely for one of my “kids”.   Op in a few days time.

Greg, all the best for your op. Trust it all goes smoothly and you have a good recovery.

That hurts ! I wish your kiddo a successful surgery and quick healing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Keksie said:

The salaries you want to be the highest are paid from taxes (our pockets).  The salaries you think should not be as high are paid from the company (their pockets).  There is a difference!

Not necessarily.Teachers working in Private or Parocchial schools and Nurses in private hospitals are not paid by the public.

6 hours ago, MJSailors said:

Snowy day here on Eastern LI.

Schools are closed. The plow just went up and down the street.

Our local pharmacy called about a delivery that was scheduled for today but has been cancelled. Will deliver tomorrow. Totally understand.

But, Amazon just made a delivery.

Totally unnecessary given the snow in the driveway and front walk. I feel sorry for the Amazon drivers being sent out in these conditions.

Hoping everyone experiencing the storm is safe and warm. Wishing everyone a good day.

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

We had sunshine this afternoon  for a while.

2 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Not necessarily.Teachers working in Private or Parocchial schools and Nurses in private hospitals are not paid by the public.

That is true and they can get paid as much as their employers are willing to pay.

6 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm okay.   Besides the broken / hanging side mirror assembly.  I do have scratches down the whole the side.   Probably from street side pole.   Cars can be fixed.   I'm just glad I didn't hit anyone else. 

I'm hoping i didnt mess up the mailbox.  I will leave them a note tomorrow when I pass by On way to work.

On my way home there were cars stuck in various places.   I was so happy when I pulled in my driveway.   

Eric was oblivious to the snow.  He was still in bed when I got home.   Living retired life to the fullest🤣

It has stopped snowing.   We just finished shoveling our driveway and neighbors.   

To all shovelers it's a wet heavy snow, Be Careful.

Glad that you are okay.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Good lord. Firefighters, police, and school teacher (public school ones) are all tax based. And public schools are responsible for the majority of property tax assessments in most communities.

• Like 9

23 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Sorry to hear that about your child, aussie!  Will they be operated while in Canada?

My youngest grandson broke his wrist last weekend while snowboarding.  Luckily it was a clean break.  He did great snowboarding for the first time all morning, before falling on his wrist just before heading to lunch.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Luckynana said:

Sorry to hear that about your child, aussie!  Will they be operated while in Canada?

My youngest grandson broke his wrist last weekend while snowboarding.  Luckily it was a clean break.  He did great snowboarding for the first time all morning, before falling on his wrist just before heading to lunch.

Hope your grandson is okay.

• Like 2

@firefly333  Our HOA's went up quite a bit last year.  It's now gone even higher now this year.  

This definitely all has to do with not only insurance rates since the Miami collapsing disaster two or three years ago, as well as the devastating hurricane a year or two ago, but the many mandates that are now required in older condo communities.  Ours is 50 years old.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Sorry to read that. Do you know where the break is?

7 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

@firefly333  Our HOA's went up quite a bit last year.  It's now gone even higher now this year.  

This definitely all has to do with not only insurance rates since the Miami collapsing disaster two or three years ago, as well as the devastating hurricane a year or two ago, but the many mandates that are now required in older condo communities.  Ours is 50 years old.

Yea my oceanfront is built during the hey days of NASA. 1961. First year I bought they assured us HOA fully funded by then the elevator didnt pass. And I got a assessment for $3500 to fix the elevator. 

Now they want to paint the exterior, in 3 stages. 1 stage a year and HOPE the increase will cover painting.

Imo condo prices are soft all over florida. I can even buy pretty reasonable downtown miami. I had a alert at that port too but HOAs there are mostly over $1000. I draw the line at $1000 a month, though with my luck going to be there on one or the other the way insurance and wages for gardeners and stuff going. It is crazy, but I'm still moving there. I've had enough of texas. It's not my home state lol. 

• Like 2