Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I'm asking again if anyone saw @brillohead Debbi post recently?  She's been MIA for the longest time.

Looks like her last activity was on March 16 and her last post was in February.  Hopefully everything is OK and she's just busy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Looks like her last activity was on March 16 and her last post was in February.  Hopefully everything is OK and she's just busy.

She posts some memes over on FB but haven’t seen her around here in a long time. Same with @Tree_skier .

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Jack and I can't get into our RCI app. We're getting msg.  "Sorry, we hit a snag. We're unable to complete your request, so please try again later"  Anyone else having issues?

I can get into RC's site from my computer to plan my cruises....

18 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I'm asking again if anyone saw @brillohead Debbi post recently?  She's been MIA for the longest time.

12 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Debbi is "seeing" posts on other Bella's shall not be named site.

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@grapau27

Graham, I'm so happy everything is OK with your skin cancer check up 👍

Off-topic, the mom of my step cat is thanking you again for all the help you provided for her friend looking to book P&O Iona.

That's one of my step cats taking a nap after a hard day's work....

image.thumb.jpeg.902e997718c54e6700a48da31d4261ab.jpeg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 10

13 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Oh, that Bella head tilt!

That oh so adorable Bella head tilt!!

For some reason, pets always look so much cuter when they tilt their heads.

• Like 7

33 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

She posts some memes over on FB but haven’t seen her around here in a long time. Same with @Tree_skier .

He posted yesterday in the thread about The Atlantic article about a writers first time cruising.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

I can get into RC's site from my computer to plan my cruises....

Debbi is "seeing" posts on other Bella's shall not be named site.

The only problem is the RCI app on my phone.  Like you, computer works fine.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Thank for not forgetting about me.  I have posted the odd time lately but I have only glanced at CC in the last couple of weeks a few times.  I have been unusually busy with a new project.  

I hope everyone is doing well.

On a cruising note, for those who might be cruising out of LA, I have discovered an amazing restaurant in Ensenada.  People often say Ensenada is a port to just stay on the ship and indeed that is what I did the last time in Ensenada.  However, I have driven down to Ensenada a few times in the last month because of an opportunity to set up a new program and stumbled into one of the best steak houses I have ever eaten at in my life.  It is truly amazing.

The first thing you notice when you get there is every vehicle in the parking lot is a local vehicle.  You can tell by the MX license plates. The next thing you notice is every vehicle is either a Mercedes or BMW or some such thing.  It is only patronized by the wealthy. Ensenada, as is true of most of Mexico, has no middle class. There is just the extremely rich top few percent and then there is everyone else.

That being said, by US standards the prices are quite reasonable for a first class steak house.  So, instead of staying on the ship in Ensenada I highly recommend taking a ten minute cab ride and give Sano's Steak House a try.  I have been a regular for the last few weeks and absolutely love it.

IMG_1988.thumb.jpeg.2a0daa79c57319eb0b34004cb70b05cc.jpeg

IMG_1991.thumb.jpeg.0574138479331e3fb8399b4059d19306.jpeg

IMG_1993.thumb.jpeg.97bc357fb5bc1f423f818ee64ac93685.jpeg

IMG_1994.thumb.jpeg.09883f81b0746e21c9207bfc72034039.jpeg

IMG_1995.thumb.jpeg.fe6824e9cd89cdc16134c9e3cac47e22.jpeg

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Maryann.

The consultant said the 2 cancer removal scars had healed well and my face looked good.

I just found out this morning that I have a squamous cell carcinoma on my thigh. Bummer. The doctor will be doing an excision later in the month. 

• Like 11

10 hours ago, Coralc said:

@StanleyandGus Sorry to continue a bit, but I was wracking my brain trying to remember the testing laboratory that I used without purchasing anything in advance. It was Western Analytics. All online, no kits or mailers needed. : https://www.asbestostesting.com/index.html   Taking the sample, Ziplock bag, fill out the form, pay online. 

This is a good article, too: https://thecraftsmanblog.com/popcorn-ceilings-what-you-need-to-know/ 

And anything to take my mind off packing. 😄

Thank you! 

We’re kind of in procrastination phase of home renovation for this project. It may replace regrouting floors as our least favourite job!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Coralc said:

I just found out this morning that I have a squamous cell carcinoma on my thigh. Bummer. The doctor will be doing an excision later in the month. 

Best wishes for the cancer to be totally excised with nothing else required!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Coralc said:

My one before a couple weeks ago mine was right above my knee. She cut into it and cut it out. I'm used to doing MOHS so was surprised. They said on the leg scars dont matter so much.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

They said on the leg scars dont matter so much.

I guess they're right. I am still processing the diagnosis. It is high enough that most of a scar will be covered by shorts. 

The tech said they only do MOHS on the head, neck and chest. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 7

26 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

That being said, by US standards the prices are quite reasonable for a first class steak house.  

Are the prices in US dollars? 200$ for a steak seems a lot to me, but what do I know, living in the Middle East.... 😕

25 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Pat, DH had the whole range -- BCC, SCC and melanoma. He is full of craters.... Full check up every 6 months.

The first 2 are OK if found in time and all is excised.

Good luck and 🤞

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

31 minutes ago, Coralc said:

I'm sorry to hear that.

Hopefully you will be fine after the excision later this month.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Are the prices in US dollars? 200$ for a steak seems a lot to me, but what do I know, living in the Middle East.... 😕

$12.17 in US dollars. The $200 is Pesos. Very reasonable. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@grapau27

Graham, I'm so happy everything is OK with your skin cancer check up 👍

Off-topic, the mom of my step cat is thanking you again for all the help you provided for her friend looking to book P&O Iona.

That's one of my step cats taking a nap after a hard day's work....

image.thumb.jpeg.902e997718c54e6700a48da31d4261ab.jpeg

Thank you Dani.

I booked another P&O Iona cruise this afternoon.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

On a cruising note, for those who might be cruising out of LA, I have discovered an amazing restaurant in Ensenada.

Glad you are still here.

Thanks for the recommendation. The food pics look amazing. We will be on Navigator out of San Pedro this October. We ended up booking a Royal excursion in Ensenada called "Ensenada Taste of Mexico and Margarita Madness." So imagine we will get quite full but we would like to cruise out of LA again.

My biggest frustration is that we are coming into LA two days early because I am a huge Tiki fan and wanted to visit some Tiki bars. Unfortunately where we are staying at the Double Tree in San Pedro nothing is close to there except one in Long Beach. All the others are over an hour away. I don't really want to rent a car because drinking Tiki drinks and driving in an unfamiliar town do not mix. We have some friends that live there but they way live way up north. I wish LA was smaller, oh well. We will at least have the Bamboo Room on Navigator.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Coralc said:

Hoping all goes well with your excision.  Just went for my yearly check, all good except dr wants to remove a cyst I have had for over 50 years.  Said won't turn cancerous but age could cause it to leak and cause issues, joys of getting old, yuck.  Holding off for now.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I booked another P&O Iona cruise this afternoon.

Enjoy your next cruise on Iona !!!

I so wish we had a cruise port within driving distance, with no need to fly.

Booked a Voyager OTS out of Athens, that will be the shortest we'll have to fly to. Due to the war, our excellent TA found us a group booking with refundable deposit.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Just now, dani negreanu said:

Enjoy your next cruise on Iona !!!

I so wish we had a cruise port within driving distance, with no need to fly.

Booked a Voyager OTS out of Athens, that will be the shortest we'll have to fly to. Due to the war, our excellent TA found us a group booking with refundable deposit.

Southampton is a 315 mile drive for me.

The last few times we have stopped halfway there and stopped overnight in a hotel then drove to Southampton the next day and stayed overnight in Southampton before getting on our cruise the following day.

Driving home we stay in our halfway hotel again.

Our nearest cruise terminal is 15 miles away at Newcastle but none of our favourite cruise lines sail from there.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

The prices listed are in Pesos... 

• Thanks 1