Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

27 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

I like the t-shirt for this very worthy cause.

Not being familiar with baseball (???), it's meaning is lost on me (even though I've tried to google it, instead of asking dumb questions 😢...)

@bobmaclib

Thank you for so tactfully  finding the explanation.

Once I wore this on a cruise with friends we met here on CC.

Their son then 8 could not understand why everyone else loved the logo and laughed.

Finally his dad spoke out and said we all love baseball.

That was as good an answer as any for the moment.

Stay healthy 

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

Every year for October in recognition of those affected by breast cancer our local community sells t - shirts where all profits are gifted to those battling the disease.  They can use the money as they wish.  
The following shirt a few years back raised the most profits. 

Stay healthy. 

D4D06D60-1E5B-4FAA-A47F-81452C8B134D.jpeg

That is wonderful.My mother had breast cancer in the 1940’s ,a time when surgery was not always successful.

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

It may exist forever but the postings may slow if/when moved to the Floataway lounge.

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Why ? I post more in the Floataway lounge than on the regular boards.

48 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I don't know if I have ever posted in the Floataway lounge

I think only the most dedicated, hard-core CC posters even know what the Floataway lounge is. Most of the traffic occurs on the Cruise Line or Port-of-Call boards.  Most of the special interest boards seem to be low-volume.  Some haven't even had activity in years.

Having said all that, should this thread even be moved, I would think the number of postings would stay consistent as it is a dedicated group.  Not sure how many "new" people have joined in. But number of views would drop dramatically as the occasional CC member looking for RCL specific information click in, sees the off-topics conversations and moves on, will not be found in the Floataway Lounge

• Like 2

On 9/29/2021 at 3:55 PM, bobmacliberty said:

I flew American Business Class from Dallas to Seoul a few years ago.  One of the flight attendants was "very experienced".  I usually flew Delta and asked her a generic question about American Business Class.  She said that she couldn't answer my question because she was usually on the Dallas to Tokyo flight, not the flight to Seoul (???).  Later, that same FA had a basket of rolls being served with dinner.  She asked what kind I wanted, and then proceeded to use her hand to move my selection from the basket to my plate.  No thanks.  My luggage didn't make it thru Seoul. Never again if I can avoid it.

I much prefer Delta or even more so their SkyTeam partners AirFrance, KLM (love the little houses) and especially Virgin Atlantic.  VA from Heathrow, using their Clubhouse check-in, was fantastic. 

When Bucky was gainfully employed, he used to fly Singapore Air from the U.S. to China business class.  That was his favorite airline.  Great service.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Impulse buy of the day.  It is kind of funny how we actually got to this point.  

I started out looking at the TP cruise next October, with a cruise after before flying back. So I was making my list of cruise fares for each leg, and researching airfare costs based on what they are this year.  First I looked at costs from Sydney back to Pittsburgh, then I looked at what it costs to fly to Honolulu now.  

I was shocked at how cheap airfare was from here to Hawaii right now. A flight on SW was just over $200.  So I started down the rabbit hole to see how hotel prices were over there, and they were pretty inexpensive.  

So while I am considering doing a Hawaii trip for next month, I thought I would look at what other flight deals there may be out there.  SW just sent me an email promoting their $99 flights to Fort Lauderdale. So down the second rabbit hole I go to see if there are any cruises that would work with those cheap airfares. 

I saw Odyssey had an 8 night that would fit perfectly.  Before I even finished booking it, Susan had already booked the flights and the hotel for the pre-cruise stay. 

So Odyssey wins out, and we sail in 23 days.  Already checked in and have our boarding times and set sail pass.  Now to get the home test kits ordered and put some OBC on the reservation. 

This one goes to Coco Cay (a first for us because other cruises were canceled-but we will be there twice in January).  Then on to Curaçao (another first) and Aruba (been there before, and will enjoy again). 

It will also be a first for this class ship, since both our Anthem and Ovation cruises were canceled.  

I can’t wait to be back in cruising mode.  I am already printing my packing list. 

Have a fantabulous cruise!  Bucky and I are on the 8 night Odyssey cruise as well, but not until end of January.  Also staying on for the following 6 night with my sister joining us on that one to celebrate her anniversary.  🙂 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

When Bucky was gainfully employed, he used to fly Singapore Air from the U.S. to China business class.  That was his favorite airline.  Great service.  

I took Cathay Pacific to Hong Kong a couple of times. Even their Economy Plus class service & amenities puts some US airlines business class to shame.  Most comfortable seats ever for a 16 hour flight.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I don't mind getting up early to go to the airport. I don't sleep well anyway the night before leaving for vacation.

I have no idea how many posts I miss on this thread. After being away a few hours there are just too many pages to catch up on.

Same thing with me.  I never sleep well just before an early flight.  But would much rather have that early flight and get to destination early...then the alternative.  

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I took Cathay Pacific to Hong Kong a couple of times. Even their Economy Plus class service & amenities puts some US airlines business class to shame.  Most comfortable seats ever for a 16 hour flight.

A friend of mine flew on a regular basis to China when he was working and often said the same thing.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Keksie said:

Samantha's big brother Elmer is being so good with her.  He just pats her gently on the head and gives her a lick now and then.

1181653694_Samantha7.thumb.jpeg.b8aaa0d6729f398b1cc2c19f11fafcb5.jpeg

Sooo cute as usual .  They are both adorable.  Good thing big brother is being nice to Samantha...she is going to be a lot bigger than him very soon!  😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

It may exist forever but the postings may slow if/when moved to the Floataway lounge.

As far as I remember ....it was moved once before.  But after some complaints...the Mods moved it back to the RCI board again.  

• Like 1

Well, the first leg of the Florida Panhandle trip went well.  No engine problems this time with the land yacht purring smoothly down the highway.  

Only here in Silver Springs state park two nights, then on to a one night at Carrabelle...which will catch us up to parks we had booked 11 months ago...just missing the first two weeks.  

Got out early to kayak on the Silver River before the heat and the throng of tourists showed up.  Nice having the river almost to ourselves.  Then on to Staples in Ocala (my old charger I keep in the land yacht was not compatible with new laptop).  Mexican restaurant for lunch, and now catching up to my friends here.  

20211001_083744.jpg

20211001_095411.jpg

• Like 22

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

We have just had lunch.

It is sunny but there are rain showers.

Take care.

Graham.IMG_20211001_124335.thumb.jpg.9054a39c39840953831118eb2a31fdc1.jpg

IMG_20211001_130139.jpg

Third time to try this comment!

if I’m ever reincarnated, I’m coming back as you or Pauline!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Thank you! Seriously, thank you so much!  In this place of "friends who have not met yet", I truly find comfort that my friends here are still thinking of me all these months later. 

Especially you, @singinalot as you seem  to have so much going on in your life & a plethora of Internet friends as well. Thank you for taking the time for the shout out!  As someone who enjoys traveling, I've been enthusiastically following your weekend getaways as well as your upcoming Greece trip thread. I will be living/traveling  vicariously thru you.  And your trip planning & ability to secure a deal skills are nothing short of admirable.

Thank you Graham. One thing I always look forward to and can count on is seeing pics of you and your DW here & you never disappoint.  Even without words, the love and dedication you have  for each other shines thru each and every picture. Thank you for the prayers. After almost 6 months, the journey my DW is on has been a story of one step forward, two steps back, followed by two steps forward and one step back. So things are not really trending in a good way but the journey will continue.

Just realized as I typed "almost 6 months" that it feels both like 6 years and 6 days at the same time, if that makes sense. Is it really October already?

Thank you Dani for both this safe space thread and keeping me in your thoughts.  In addition to the health issues, I've been dealing with  many related legal, financial, work and home-life balance issues as well that has kept me from engaging in any meaningful conversations of CC.  So I'm more of a lurker-in-the-shadows type person now.

And I do lurk!!  However, whenever I do come here, there is usually 15+ pages to catch up on and unlike many others, I'll only go back 2 or 3 pages to catch up. So I miss a lot of stuff.

But I do get an e-mail notification whenever I'm tagged in a post with the "@" so I'll know when people are talking about me🙂 even when I'm not on CC for  many days at a time. So whenever you or any others want to get my attention, that's how to do it. It's like ringing the dinner bell, I'll come a running (well, maybe a slow amble).

Thank you from Pauline and myself for your kind words.

We pray that your dear wife will get better.

Sincerest best wishes.

Graham & Pauline.

IMG_20211001_124327.jpg

IMG_20210926_114949.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

We would all follow this thread wherever it goes. 

I absolutely agree.

John's Friends of Bell is on Floataway and has a high post count.

I have posted on another Floataway lounge thread for 3 years.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1