Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 minute ago, voyager70 said:

My parents had a home in Punta Gorda for years and the drive from RSW airport to PG was horrible!  I would get passed like I was standing still going 75.

West Palm through to Miami on a weekday on I-95 is another of those "get out of my way if you are not doing at least 90" stretches.  😮 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

West Palm through to Miami on a weekday on I-95 is another of those "get out of my way if you are not doing at least 90" stretches.  😮 

At what speed can you do on I-95 in Florida before the police give you a speeding ticket?  I have also been going 75 mph and other cars pass me as if I was stopped.

6 minutes ago, Dennis#1 said:

At what speed can you do on I-95 in Florida before the police give you a speeding ticket?  I have also been going 75 mph and other cars pass me as if I was stopped.

Don't know...have not received that ticket....so far anyway.  😉   I seem to try to keep it at 9 over (being 79 mph in good traffic conditions).  If it is getting packed up...I am back to legal speed limit.  Was "rounding up" to 80 yesterday...and still the slowest person on the highway.  Yikes.  

• Like 1

I'd take I-95 over I-4 any day.  I-95 is okay until you get to South Florida.  I-4 is pretty much awful everywhere.  If we have to go across the state we go down 95 and then take 417 around Orlando and all the attractions

Edited by molly361

12 minutes ago, island lady said:

Don't know...have not received that ticket....so far anyway.  😉   I seem to try to keep it at 9 over (being 79 mph in good traffic conditions).  If it is getting packed up...I am back to legal speed limit.  Was "rounding up" to 80 yesterday...and still the slowest person on the highway.  Yikes.  

Do they have speed cameras on those roads?

We have speed cameras on all our roads plus police mobile camera vans.

8 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I'd take I-95 over I-4 any day.  I-95 is okay until you get to South Florida.  I-4 is pretty much awful everywhere.  If we have to go across the state we go down 95 and then take 417 around Orlando and all the attractions

Yup, same route I do...but then again...I have only 4 miles on I-95 south to get to 528 west bound, then onto to 417.  😉   

I still remember before they turned I-4 into 3 lanes.  Was nail biter all the way to Tampa.  😮 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, davekathy said:

But, but officer, everyone else was going faster than me. 😉

We got pulled over in the motorhome in Illinois one day, years ago.  Indeed the absolute slowest vehicle on the road.  Like a turtle compared to the others.  We were still going 5 miles over the speed limit.  

Figured it out pretty soon that the young officer noticed our Florida tag going north, apparently thought we were stuffed with drugs coming up from Florida.  (Was on a country road far from Chicago).  I smiled nicely and invited him in to "see our home".  He was embarrassed by then (pulling over two old fart retirees)...but we still had a nice conversation...then he let us go without a ticket.  😏

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Just now, island lady said:

We got pulled over in the motorhome in Illinois one day, years ago.  Indeed the absolute slowest vehicle on the road.  Like a turtle compared to the others.  We were still going 5 miles over the speed limit.  

Figured it out pretty soon that the young officer noticed our Florida tag going north, apparently thought we were stuffed with drugs coming up from Florida.  (Was on a country road far from Chicago).  I smiled nicely and invited him in to "see our home".  He was embarrassed by then (pulling over two old fart retirees)...but we still had a nice conversation...then he let us go without a ticket.  😏

The wolves will always go after the weak, sick or old wildlife. Just to be clear,  I wouldn't nor am I implying that you and Bucky or any of those. Well maybe the wildlife. 😉

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, davekathy said:

The wolves will always go after the weak, sick or old wildlife. Just to be clear,  I wouldn't nor am I implying that you and Bucky or any of those. Well maybe the wildlife. 😉

LOL...well maybe not weak or sick...but definitely old wildlife.  He would be the first to tell you he is an old dog.  😄 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, singinalot said:

took the drone out today and kept getting gimbal motor errors again. I recalibrated it twice before it finally worked correctly. Here are a couple shots. I’ll download videos later. I got high wind warnings so had to give it up.

13110AB7-48B2-43CF-80C6-D2DC20DBB55F.jpeg

7AF85BD6-FDE8-44ED-95A1-04581BFD9A1C.jpeg

5B598A99-C69C-4EC2-A46E-645EDDB1BDCB.jpeg

0BA468DC-F0AD-4BD1-A7FE-7F15EEAF39C5.jpeg

Beautiful pictures!

I get a charge out of your descriptions of I95.  It's all true. We don't drive to FLL for our cruises, we hire a local car service, who I have used for over 40 years. And, since we usually do at least B2B, it's actually cheaper than paying for the parking.

I really don't mind the driving north on I95, at least to DC, then it is crazy again.

I agree I-95 was crazy, but we didn’t see any police from the GA border to Fort Lauderdale.  We were cruising at an easy 75, and everyone was flying past us. 

Now GA was different.  We came through one spot where they were set up on an overpass and had chase cars beneath.  Six chase cars all had someone pulled over, and a seventh was waiting. My wife was driving at that time, doing 80, and they didn’t come after her. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I agree I-95 was crazy, but we didn’t see any police from the GA border to Fort Lauderdale.  We were cruising at an easy 75, and everyone was flying past us. 

Now GA was different.  We came through one spot where they were set up on an overpass and had chase cars beneath.  Six chase cars all had someone pulled over, and a seventh was waiting. My wife was driving at that time, doing 80, and they didn’t come after her. 

Few years ago I got caught doing 81, probably about 8AM, light traffic, and I wasn't paying attention. Had to pay the ticket since GA has a reciprocal agreement with FL .  Then , I got a letter from Ga saying since I had paid my ticket, meaning I was pleading guilty, I was a Super Speeder, so I got an additional fine.  I think , all told, it cost me about $600.

I don't think will drive through Georgia anymore.

Edited by mo&fran
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

Few years ago I got caught doing 81, probably about 8AM, light traffic, and I wasn't paying attention. Had to pay the ticket since GA has a reciprocal agreement with FL .  Then , I got a letter from Ga saying since I had paid my ticket, meaning I was pleading guilty, I was a Super Speeder, so I got an additional fine.  I think , all told, it cost me about $600.

That's INSANE!!

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

We’ve taken I4 a few times when we have either driven south or are heading home and have to take the I75 route through Detroit as opposed to I95/I77/I79 though Buffalo and I absolutely agree with you.  Seems like every time we take I4 we get stuck in some sort of traffic jam for hours. The last time heading south we did some back roads and cut across to get to I95 to avoid a big closure. 

• Like 1