Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

IMG_1479.JPG

IMG_1480.thumb.JPG.f84d6458d444886e4cd6c97804960f98.JPG

@bobmacliberty

IMG_1483.JPG

Renee, your picture of Mike reminded me of the time when my son's plane (FA) had a close encounter with an unlucky bird, just when they approached landing in Paris (CDG).

The crew got an unexpected 2 days layover in Paris (usually Paris is a "quickie"😁)...

IMG_1482.JPG

I would think that would have been scary. Good thing it didn't go thru the engine.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I agree I-95 was crazy, but we didn’t see any police from the GA border to Fort Lauderdale.  We were cruising at an easy 75, and everyone was flying past us. 

Now GA was different.  We came through one spot where they were set up on an overpass and had chase cars beneath.  Six chase cars all had someone pulled over, and a seventh was waiting. My wife was driving at that time, doing 80, and they didn’t come after her. 

Passed that set up many times in GA.  

The other bad spot is through Summerville WV on 19  They’ll get out of state/country plates doing a couple miles over posted limits and the limits constantly change.   It’s so bad through that area that CAA recommends avoiding that route and taking an hour detour around there. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

GA State Troopers are going to get you. 

In 1999, Atlanta got to play in the Super Bowl down here, and I happened to be in Port St Lucie visiting my DD and her children.  FHP had their airplane in the air and were targeting the south bound speeders. I saw a lot of Georgia tags.  Must have been payback.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

We’ve avoided turning this thread into a COVID19, smoking, dress code, DL/CL/SL discussion. Hope it doesn’t swing to a spelling/grammar check. 😇

I’ll just throw in some Canadian spelling and it will confuse you to the point that you will forget all about it. 😉

Color VS Colour.

Neighbor versus Neighbour.

Favorite verses Favourite. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Dennis#1 said:

At what speed can you do on I-95 in Florida before the police give you a speeding ticket?  I have also been going 75 mph and other cars pass me as if I was stopped.

I'm guessing it depends on the mood of the cop. :classic_biggrin:

28 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

Few years ago I got caught doing 81, probably about 8AM, light traffic, and I wasn't paying attention. Had to pay the ticket since GA has a reciprocal agreement with FL .  Then , I got a letter from Ga saying since I had paid my ticket, meaning I was pleading guilty, I was a Super Speeder, so I got an additional fine.  I think , all told, it cost me about $600.

I don't think will drive through Georgia anymore.

That's crazy.

4 hours ago, voyager70 said:

I-95 in FL is downright scary!  I-75 on the west coast isn't much better.

I find I-75 scarier than I-95.  We'll be on I-95 this Wednesday  and Thursday, traveling across I-10 Thursday to I-75, and continuing our journey along I-75 on Friday, to our condo in Naples.  🌴

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mo&fran said:

Few years ago I got caught doing 81, probably about 8AM, light traffic, and I wasn't paying attention. Had to pay the ticket since GA has a reciprocal agreement with FL .  Then , I got a letter from Ga saying since I had paid my ticket, meaning I was pleading guilty, I was a Super Speeder, so I got an additional fine.  I think , all told, it cost me about $600.

Over here if you are less than 10 miles over the speed limit you can elect to do a one day driving course instead of the points on your license,  you have to pay for the course. If more than 10 miles over the limit its fine plus points. If you get more than 12 points in 3 years you can lose your license 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 1

Today I blew snow for a couple hours and have to do more tomorrow to get it mostly respectable.  A few pics to give you the idea. 

F94B87E2-444A-495D-B508-5FEDEB5F0F64.thumb.jpeg.8874b00fcc90a50fb2ee299561b420e1.jpeg

8CE389A3-B0DD-4C39-954C-9295EB25FB9D.thumb.jpeg.58280eba4616a2163075e9fc8a45900e.jpeg

Lucy even came out for a couple minutes, and immediately showed the snow what she thought of it.😉 Thankfully the blower threw it 90’ into the field never to be seen again. 

FC851A6D-D0E0-4927-8FD3-B8E8B822B287.thumb.jpeg.5dbea777e5c983df5c58a77dd7c86c3d.jpeg

The sun also made a special guest appearance as well. First time we have seen it in 4 or 5 days. Sunset is a couple minutes later now, and I so appreciate that. 

B41E8365-BF7C-4220-84FD-01B37C04D965.thumb.jpeg.4d808084a4c5f9ccce6fd75f57f4c81f.jpeg

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Sunset is a couple minutes later now, and I so appreciate that. 

All this white is so beautiful, so pure. I like it from afar😘

I dread the 8 weeks or so between the end of the "Daylights Saving Time" and Dec. 21st, when the days get shorter and shorter.

As you say, from 21st "we" gained ~5 minutes !!! And... is getting better and better.

• Like 2

After lunch we put together Owen’s new workout bench and hung his LED lights he also got as a gift.

We ordered another set to wrap the entire room. It’s his hockey training room, with a net, hockey shot tarp, and a superdeeker for puck handling skills. The baseball stuff lives in the corner until spring.

1D0FE69E-774D-4401-B675-A279D1782F01.thumb.jpeg.223c50b92d2f2bef8d5d0fda75c7ad34.jpeg

The lights are programable, have different patterns, multiple colours (Canadian spelling for @bobmacliberty), and are about 32’ long.

9411A635-2B38-412E-9C5A-816402CD3C7E.thumb.jpeg.06a272adea7a73c2df8708435f2b69ec.jpeg

• Like 7

41 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Lucy even came out for a couple minutes, and immediately showed the snow what she thought of it.😉 Thankfully the blower threw it 90’ into the field never to be seen again. 

I know a few of us here deal with snow, and it looks like this guy has a great, quick method.

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6218447628001

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

I know a few of us here deal with snow, and it looks like this guy has a great, quick method.

LOL, I’ve seen that video a few times the last couple days. The house coat and beer makes me think of Cousin Eddy.

I have a friend in town who now has a heated driveway. He tore up his 10 year old one and ran glycol pipes in the new one. If runs off his home heating system. His laneway was only wet after this storm, but it takes a bit of time to melt off.  Now if he could only empty his garage and park inside he wouldn’t have to brush off his truck. I give him the gears over that. 😉

It doesn’t heat the sidewalk to the road. He has to clean up that small area by hand, but he usually just powers through with his truck. 

564B409E-3E20-454C-8C94-FB157C6F7432.thumb.jpeg.747b9e61bf93a44b8770019460213da8.jpeg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, mo&fran said:

My son got one of those in March. Same thing with the second ticket

11 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I have a friend in town who now has a heated driveway.

I've thought about doing that since I was young.  Growing up in Buffalo, I used to go to Sabres games at the Old Buffalo Memorial Auditorium.  The entire concrete area where you entered the building was heated.  It was sometimes a little wet, but not covered in snow or slippery.  An easier way to ensure no snow in your driveway is to move to Florida.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

After lunch we put together Owen’s new workout bench and hung his LED lights he also got as a gift.

So Owen is not only taller than you now, he will soon also be stronger than you?  Dangerous.  Cool lights, especially the ability to change color. 😉

• Like 1

9 hours ago, vettprincess said:

After reading all the horrors of driving 41, 75, 95 I will convince my daughter that when we make the move we will ship the 4 vehicles and fly down to FL.

Lots of car carriers on the road with the cars having north land tags on them.  Big service here. Then in the spring...all loaded and back north.  Traveling with the pets can be an issue...but is doable (for $$)  with the airlines.  

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Lots of car carriers on the road with the cars having north land tags on them.  Big service here. Then in the spring...all loaded and back north.  Traveling with the pets can be an issue...but is doable (for $$)  with the airlines.  

Yes, thank you. My dog went to heaven so trying real hard not to rescue another one till we complete the move to FL.