Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I've thought about doing that since I was young.  Growing up in Buffalo, I used to go to Sabres games at the Old Buffalo Memorial Auditorium.  The entire concrete area where you entered the building was heated.  It was sometimes a little wet, but not covered in snow or slippery.  An easier way to ensure no snow in your driveway is to move to Florida.

Are you  sure

https://www.news4jax.com/weather/2019/12/23/remember-snowstorm-hits-jacksonville-in-december-1989/

I remember when it actually got to 25°F here.

1 hour ago, vettprincess said:

Yes, thank you. My dog went to heaven so trying real hard not to rescue another one till we complete the move to FL.

So sorry to hear about your fur friend.  My sweet fur baby also did recently, and her sister went to Kitty heaven just before her.  The Demon cancer took them.  😞  

They passed almost two  years ago, first time being pet less.   So last year we booked a lot of longer cruises, B2Bs, and international.  That was to start middle of last year.  So much for that.  Would dearly love to get another couple, but want to get these longer trips out of our bucket list...if that will ever happen now. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ATG said:

I feel like that too.  But plenty of soccer (or football more correctly) on to keep me occupied.  Surely Liverpool can score more than one goal!

My team Sunderland have 13 players with or isolating 

from Covid19 so last 3 games were called off and probably the next one too on Tuesday night.

Edited by grapau27

59 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

Are you  sure

https://www.news4jax.com/weather/2019/12/23/remember-snowstorm-hits-jacksonville-in-december-1989/

I remember when it actually got to 25°F here.

31 years ago?  I'll take that risk.  Not happy though with the number of freeze warnings recently.  That wasn't in the brochures.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, bobmacliberty said:

31 years ago?  I'll take that risk.  Not happy though with the number of freeze warnings recently.  That wasn't in the brochures.

I got moved down here in 1976 as part of a corporate relocation. The service that coordinated the move reported before that it had never snowed here.  The next January, we had a cold snap, i went out to go to work, and i saw snow flurries. I figured I must have broken Florida. I wasn't the only one saw it, it was actually official, there was now snow recorded here.

• Like 4

We lost our cat of 15 years last September.  We decided not to get another cat as we travel so much.  Then 2020 arrives!!  I made it to May before I was so overwhelmed by loneliness that I went to the shelter and adopted two cats.  Now I’m not alone anymore!!  (Downside:  I have become a Crazy Cat Lady and take too many pictures and videos...)

image.thumb.jpeg.b1302829bfcd95ca0f44013fe50b7f50.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.8cf617268127b5e89b724b3e8f24e9f3.jpeg

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

We lost our cat of 15 years last September.  We decided not to get another cat as we travel so much.  Then 2020 arrives!!  I made it to May before I was so overwhelmed by loneliness that I went to the shelter and adopted two cats.  Now I’m not alone anymore!!  (Downside:  I have become a Crazy Cat Lady and take too many pictures and videos...)

Never too many cat pictures...bring em.  😉  I miss my girls something awful.  

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, singinalot said:

I think I’ve mentioned that the drone has been giving me errors lately. We went on another hike this morning and once again it gave the gimbal motor overload error. This made for 4 times in a row. 

We got home a couple of hours ago and I called Best Buy to see if I could exchange. I purchased it in September so was fairly nervous they’d say no. I’m now back home with a new mavic mini. 🙂

Here are some pics from the hike this morning. We took a trail we hadn’t taken before and were all mesmerized by the colors of the stones and caves.9442EBF5-6F0A-42C1-BDCE-C79D6957D9ED.thumb.jpeg.8fe972c26d1f56c15086694aed3dd016.jpeg

C3B59457-AB80-402D-8AF9-05A8938D6B7B.jpeg

CD8312EB-BC66-4B52-BE52-55784A270119.jpeg

21F56928-A31E-4043-AF93-11DA168AB7C7.jpeg

6E926C0D-E183-47A4-B7A5-927529A9131D.jpeg

I love to see nice photos.

These are awesome.

Graham.

15 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Soooo, has anyone folded Christmas up yet?  Thinking about doing it tomorrow.

I may do the inside tomorrow or Tuesday -- there's not much, as we have our 6-month old grandpuppy "in residence," so much of the normal decor stayed boxed up, and the rest is a minimum of 36" inches above the floor 😉 .  Our outside decorations, though, are currently under a light layer of snow, so will probably wait for a little thaw.

• Like 3

Ours will still be up and lit till January.  Always heard it was bad luck to take them down before the new year.  (Plus we won’t be back till then)

I think some people did that last year, and look what happened. 😬😬

Everybody go put their stuff back up now.   

• Like 5
  • Haha 4