Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

27 minutes ago, singinalot said:

Thank you everyone for being so thoughtful! I’m here with him at the recovery center. He’s been keeping the nurses entertained with his jokes. They made him get up and walk and he did well. He said that for the first time in 2 years, the pain that ran down the back of his leg is no longer there. He’s still in a lot of pain (and stubborn) but doing well.

12624FEC-88CA-4657-A362-A4E17A437493.jpeg

Great news, thanks for the update.  Thoughts and prayers for a full, speedy recovery!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, singinalot said:

Thank you everyone for being so thoughtful! I’m here with him at the recovery center. He’s been keeping the nurses entertained with his jokes. They made him get up and walk and he did well. He said that for the first time in 2 years, the pain that ran down the back of his leg is no longer there. He’s still in a lot of pain (and stubborn) but doing well.

12624FEC-88CA-4657-A362-A4E17A437493.jpeg

EXCELLENT!!   I dont know any man that isnt stubborn!   Wishes for speedy recovery and return to home soon.

• Haha 1

Today was “take out Tuesday”.  Thai for me and Pizza for the other two. I had a few minutes along the drive and stopped to get a few photos. 

E4B7C979-B851-4743-B60A-59EDEBEFCA9A.thumb.jpeg.1438799c50e36ba45129184b8274ab4a.jpeg

An old abandoned school house. Rumour is it was a gathering  point the night of the Black Donnelly murders in February 1880. 

DC2EA647-53FF-4112-A7B4-42F5EDAD9AE0.thumb.jpeg.6baf1577a0532825fdbdc7b39e40e0dc.jpeg

At the bottom of the old windmill you can see the old cement water trough that livestock would drink from. 

CA8D5991-4AA8-4948-9696-F30A26D71BAA.thumb.jpeg.575125bcc91d024192847c4496bac297.jpeg

674E9119-BC88-4889-B852-F7A4294E13EC.thumb.jpeg.63db5cf7334be41515c54a224fdc227a.jpeg

E6048272-9E7F-465C-AFFF-FB0DF5B9A944.thumb.jpeg.0cc7df2454c9ef8857b5fd3e4e095c09.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, singinalot said:

thank you everyone! I’m back home for the night. I hope you all have wonderful new years’.

Really pleased for you both that the operation went well.

Hope you can now enjoy your new year together.

Graham.

The Oxford/Astrazenaca vaccine was approved in the UK this morning.

Roll out from January 4th.

It is cheap and easily transportable and gives protection in 2-3 weeks.

A follow up dose 12 weeks later gives you a longer protection.

Good news hopefully for a return to cruising.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 9

27 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

The Oxford/Astrazenaca vaccine was approved in the UK this morning.

Roll out from January 4th.

It is cheap and easily transportable and gives protection in 2-3 weeks.

A follow up dose 12 weeks later gives you a longer protection.

Good news hopefully for a return to cruising.

In Florida, the vaccines are rolling out by County. Our Governor mandated after healthcare workers and first responders, those 65+ are eligible for vaccine. It starts today at an outside sporting venue. First come first serve. After this announcement yesterday, people are already camping out in line. They are going to do 1000 injections a day until they run out. I think I will wait for an appointment. 

M8

• Like 7

56 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

In Florida, the vaccines are rolling out by County. Our Governor mandated after healthcare workers and first responders, those 65+ are eligible for vaccine. It starts today at an outside sporting venue. First come first serve. After this announcement yesterday, people are already camping out in line. They are going to do 1000 injections a day until they run out. I think I will wait for an appointment. 

M8

Saw that(not that folks are already camped out but no appointments)   It is going to be a cluster ----  Figures we are the only county NOT making you have an appointment 

Edited by molly361
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

M8

In our county there are 30,000 eligible for the second round.  The person in charge said that they would be doing it by appointments so I am just keeping an eye out to sign up.  I expect sometime in the next few months.  My husband will have to wait until the under 65s can get theirs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Did one place offer both Thai and Pizza?

M8

We go to two different places, but the Thai place does have pizza as well as other north American offerings.  I always get their spring rolls and another dish.  Meals with left overs. 😉

49 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I had to look that one up.  Interesting story.

Yes it is.  There are still many last names in the community today involved in the massacre that February night. All within a handful of miles and minutes from my house. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

M8

This vaccine approved today in the UK is a different vaccine from the first one that is being used now.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

We go to two different places, but the Thai place does have pizza as well as other north American offerings.  I always get their spring rolls and another dish.  Meals with left overs. 😉

Yes it is.  There are still many last names in the community today involved in the massacre that February night. All within a handful of miles and minutes from my house. 

I was curious so I also looked it up. Do any of them still hold a grudge from the past?

• Like 1