Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

18 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I love having the tree lite with all other lights off while I watch tv in family room.

Plus our trash company has a special day to pick up trees to recycle/compost them.

I have a bunch of unwrapped presents under the tree and slowly remove them as we use them.

Like you said its christmas season not just a day.    I'm not ready for the joy / happiness to be over.

I guess we both have trouble letting go. 🙂

But my house looks so much better with the decorations, lights and trees up. Yes, I have 2 Christmas trees - Living room and Family Room/Den. Both are artificial so they always look good. I stopped buying real trees about 10 years ago.

My DW has to always remind me to start using my presents before the extended holiday return/exchange policies run out. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Sue.

We live near Durham.

We were in Harrogate yesterday and I was working in my sales area.

It's meant to be a beautiful area. I've only been that way once, we stopped in Durham years ago on a slow drive  back from Scotland. One of the places on my 'to visit' list is Holy Island and Lindisfarne, it sounds like a magical place, have you ever been there? 

Regards Sue

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, molly361 said:

New drain field for the septic tank

I was going to guess a new patio with Jacuzzi and gazebo and a rock garden border.

But a new drain  field is nice too. Get more use out of it. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

Yes, I am aware of the complications of the different tiers and have friends and relatives living under different restrictions presently.

I  had assumed from Graham’s previous posts that he would  have been in tier 3.

We live in tier 3 but I was working in Tier 2 which is also in my sales area so allowed to stay there and eat there.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, sgmn said:

It's meant to be a beautiful area. I've only been that way once, we stopped in Durham years ago on a slow drive  back from Scotland. One of the places on my 'to visit' list is Holy Island and Lindisfarne, it sounds like a magical place, have you ever been there? 

Regards Sue

Yes we regularly drive along the Northumberland coastline.

This is Bamburgh Castle on the coast.

You have to check the tide times with Holy Island as the causeway gets submerged in water.

IMG_20200713_111219.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Inside Christmas is put away for 2020, as it has been out since the last weekend of November.

The outside decorations and lights remain until the weather gets a bit warmer/nicer. The lights outside make us feel a bit brighter in the winter months, especially this year. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

I live near Durham.

Yesterday we were in Harrogate where I had a couple of people to see.

Today was a bank holiday so we popped down to the York Designer Outlet.

My daughter moved to Harrogate when her classes were done at York.  Her best friend in England is from there.  We had a great meal there at a restaurant called The Orchid.  My daughter worked part time as a waitress at a place called The Pit.  Seems like every night there ended either with drunk guys standing on tables and singing loudly, or drunk guys getting into a fight (or both).  To again quote @Sunshine3601...to be young again.  Yorkshire is a beautiful place!

• Like 2

Same here, put everything up on Saturday, since we've been quarantined because my brother tested positive, I am really tired of it.  Now just waiting for the quarantine to be over Friday so we can go celebrate our 25th Anniversary with dinner.  Christmas was just the 2 of us and zooming family so really quiet. THere were 2 boxes under the tree...not much enthusiasm.  We bought ourselves a Lionel Polar Express train for Christmas to make things fun.  And we engineered a table so the tree sat in the middle.  Second childhood! LOL

Fortunately, we were all pretty asymptomatic.  If I had it, it was mild.  Brother is over his too.  We live in a kind of commune, on one mountain.  We have 10 acres, brother 40 so 3 houses all in same area.  I will get the vaccine anyway as I was not tested.  Just hoping that we get our cruise April 4th!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Florida restaurants are crazy busy. Picked up takeout from Bokampers Sports Bar last night, and it was packed. 

And here is a short “Beach Therapy” video from this morning. It was sad to watch Celebrity Silhouette sail by though. 

IMG_8946.MOV 51.78 MB · 0 downloads

That was awesome....great therapy!  Thx

55 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Yes we regularly drive along the Northumberland coastline.

This is Bamburgh Castle on the coast.

You have to check the tide times with Holy Island as the causeway gets submerged in water.

IMG_20200713_111219.jpg

This is the view of Bamburgh village with the castle in the background

IMG-20200715-WA0006.jpg

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

My daughter moved to Harrogate when her classes were done at York.  Her best friend in England is from there.  We had a great meal there at a restaurant called The Orchid.  My daughter worked part time as a waitress at a place called The Pit.  Seems like every night there ended either with drunk guys standing on tables and singing loudly, or drunk guys getting into a fight (or both).  To again quote @Sunshine3601...to be young again.  Yorkshire is a beautiful place!

This was a picture in the summer of the White hart hotel in Harrogate where we had our meal.

The fat badger pub and restaurant are inside.

We often sit outside for lunch overlooking the town 

IMG_20200806_130419.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

But my house looks so much better with the decorations, lights and trees up. Yes, I have 2 Christmas trees - Living room and Family Room/Den. Both are artificial so they always look good. I stopped buying real trees about 10 years ago.

My DW has to always remind me to start using my presents before the extended holiday return/exchange policies run out. lol

We like leaving the decorations up too for a little while. I think it makes the house look festive and doesn't look cluttered to us. 

17 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

This is the view of Bamburgh village with the castle in the background

IMG-20200715-WA0006.jpg

That's beautiful. I want to go back to England so badly. We had a TA that was supposed to go there this past on the Indy. It was cancelled before covid. ☹

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

We like leaving the decorations up too for a little while. I think it makes the house look festive and doesn't look cluttered to us. 

That's beautiful. I want to go back to England so badly. We had a TA that was supposed to go there this past on the Indy. It was cancelled before covid. ☹

Bamburgh Castle is over 400 miles from Southampton.

Highclere castle where Downton abbey was filmed is about 30 miles from Southampton.

Edited by grapau27

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I usually put our artificial one in the LR and real one in FR, but this year we did Garage Christmas so I set up the artificial one in the garage along with lighted reindeer, blow up Santa, wreaths and Garland.  Looked quite festive in the garage.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

Same here, put everything up on Saturday, since we've been quarantined because my brother tested positive, I am really tired of it.  Now just waiting for the quarantine to be over Friday so we can go celebrate our 25th Anniversary with dinner.  Christmas was just the 2 of us and zooming family so really quiet. THere were 2 boxes under the tree...not much enthusiasm.  We bought ourselves a Lionel Polar Express train for Christmas to make things fun.  And we engineered a table so the tree sat in the middle.  Second childhood! LOL

Fortunately, we were all pretty asymptomatic.  If I had it, it was mild.  Brother is over his too.  We live in a kind of commune, on one mountain.  We have 10 acres, brother 40 so 3 houses all in same area.  I will get the vaccine anyway as I was not tested.  Just hoping that we get our cruise April 4th!

Happy Silver Wedding anniversary for Friday.

Graham.

We decided to take a ride today since it was warmer than usual though overcast. We headed to woodman’s in Essex for fried clams. Very famous place, been in some movies too. We then went to the beach in Manchester by the Sea. Singing Beach gets its name because the hot sand squeaks when you walk on it in the summer. Only one person surfing today. 

04C460F3-9889-4B74-A2C3-35B77F3EA3AB.jpeg

2ECBC357-03D3-415E-BF57-2A963A539DAC.jpeg

177F82FF-0EA8-4492-9CE5-8924A6DE3CEB.jpeg

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

We decided to take a ride today since it was warmer than usual though overcast. We headed to woodman’s in Essex for fried clams. Very famous place, been in some movies too. We then went to the beach in Manchester by the Sea. Singing Beach gets its name because the hot sand squeaks when you walk on it in the summer. Only one person surfing today. 

04C460F3-9889-4B74-A2C3-35B77F3EA3AB.jpeg

2ECBC357-03D3-415E-BF57-2A963A539DAC.jpeg

177F82FF-0EA8-4492-9CE5-8924A6DE3CEB.jpeg

Nice beach and calm sea.

• Like 1

A few pics.  We had a couple foxes playing tag around the garage the other night, and stopping at one spot. It turns out a female cardinal didn’t make it through the night. let’s just say there was a pile of feathers. 

3DCC4B28-BAF5-4123-91AF-7532F8969068.thumb.png.3c7dd67a3f5aeaa063b8d6cd4516adf0.png

C5CEBE22-8074-4E9F-B7B1-773A61B94B74.thumb.png.e8a5ece5f3e56bd0bce71a3111fbeb17.png

I took a look out the window this afternoon and spotted one of the two out in the daytime. 

32DCF0B4-9710-4EC2-9C12-393E629E3595.thumb.jpeg.d55892fa697c79d383dc38cc3bfeaab1.jpeg

• Like 8