Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Sue.

There is no snow up here just ice.

We are going for a walk now.

Take care and stay safe too.

Graham.

16114875982742554652708090438535.jpg

That looks like a lovely place for a walk.  Even when it is cold I like to walk by the water.  Here it is the best time to find shells too.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

We have about 30 of those.😉

The artist, Londono, has a studio in Tarpon Springs. She actually made a few for me

Bought the one I pictured....in Curacao.   Guessing it came into the island with a huge container from China.  😉   It was a bit bigger than my usual fridge magnets I collect at each port.  

16 hours ago, Keksie said:

Had a great lunch and found the dog beach to take our dog when it warms up,

Beautiful!!  And yup, I always feel that the Panhandle in that area has the most beautiful beaches in the world.  Even over Hawaii...IMHO!  😉  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

My knowledge of US geography is constantly improving with every mention of someone's location... Cocoa Beach/Ocala, Amelia Island, Ormond Beach, Indian Creek, and now - Pensacola Beach 😁🌷

And don't forget "the swamp"....where I live.  😄 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Keksie said:

You need to come visit.  

I will be near there again, but as usual further east.  We will spend 2 months (Sept./Oct.) in the "land yacht"  popping around, but mostly in Grayton Beach area.  🤗   Hopefully no hurricanes again...for either of us!!  😮 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, sara mom said:

CF50BC41-899C-4354-A2DC-BD00C041DCE8.jpeg

This will be me next weekend if my Bills get passed the Chiefs today.  My friends twisted my arm and said that I wasn't really part of the mafia if I have never done this.  I will need to find the cheapest made table that easily falls apart.

For those who don't follow American Football, fans of the Buffalo Bills are called the Bills Mafia.  We have developed this strange practice of breaking tables by jumping on them...usually before games and heavily under the influence of alcohol.  Don't ask me how or why this practice developed.  It's not always alcohol related.  Many of us have had to deal with cancer and I loved seeing this tweet the other day:

SportsCenter on Twitter: "After 5 months of intense chemotherapy and battling cancer, he rang the bell Bills Mafia style! Amazing 👏 (via @neilsonvic) https://t.co/ibvHK34Eif" / Twitter

• Haha 1

On 1/23/2021 at 1:32 AM, ReneeFLL said:

Funny how they own us and dictate how we live. Wouldn’t change a thing. 😻🥰

It is interesting (to me) the sort if affect a dog has in me. When I am driving and the person in front of me is aggravating me in some way, if I then see a dog in their car all the annoyance that I am feeling toward that driver just goes away. 

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, island lady said:

I will be near there again, but as usual further east.  We will spend 2 months (Sept./Oct.) in the "land yacht"  popping around, but mostly in Grayton Beach area.  🤗   Hopefully no hurricanes again...for either of us!!  😮 

You have that right.  Sally was enough for awhile.  We still need to rent a lift so my husband can trim up the trees that were damaged. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

So this happened in the Sunday newspaper. 

Mazal Tov, Sue, as we say here in the "neighborhood". 

I seem to remember that Christina Marie is your only daughter, and that makes it 10 fold more emotional and exciting.

Let's hope that the wedding will take place with lots and lots of invitees, in a much more optimistic atmosphere.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

It's been a long week and I'm finally wrapped up for the day.  And I'm going to take tomorrow off!  Time to sit down and enjoy a few beverages and watch UFC 257!  

The King is back 🙂 

Screen Shot 2021-01-23 at 8.36.49 PM.png

I saw this this morning...

3A2985BA-D915-449B-A91E-E6BF4B02823C.thumb.jpeg.0fd32d1f4e27d7dd2ec15e44188838c4.jpeg

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Keksie said:

You have that right.  Sally was enough for awhile.  We still need to rent a lift so my husband can trim up the trees that were damaged. 

Sadly the Panhandle has suffered a lot the last couple of years.  Hoping for none..nada...zip this year!  

Mexico Beach is still suffering, but many are rebuilt now.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

You had me with "the swamp".... looking it up....

Dr. Google says it's "Gainesville" ??? Not even near the water??😢

LOL...sorry...goofy joke on where I live.  I like to list I am near Port Canaveral, as my closest home port.  We used to live only 5 miles away (for 20 years) in Merritt Island.  From my house we could even hear the ships horns as they left.  Then...doing the "retiree downsize" we moved out here about 20 miles north and west of there.  It's a gated community, that is very RV friendly.  We have a huge RV port attached to our house, as do many others.  That keeps the land yacht under cover.  

We boarder the St. John's water management area, and the St. Johns river. Which is the only one of two rivers in the U.S. that runs south to north (Oregon being the other).  Comes out at Jacksonville Florida.  Very swampy out there, and in fact can get wet feet if we walk too far into the woods behind our house.  Have had alligators walk through our back yard.  😮  

When they talk about the Swamp of Gainesville...it's the college.  Bucky graduated from there.  The Gators are their sports team.  😉 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Enjoy the sea air, G + P -- and the view is good for the soul.

I admire your faithfully going to church... and McDonald's 😁 every Sunday. That's also food for the soul, in more ways than one 🌷

Thanks Dani.

Our church is on my Avatar.

Paulines late mam and dad and Pauline and I got married here.

Both Pauline's mam and dad's funeral service was held here too.

So, DW, a RN, got her Shot Friday morning.  Her arm hurt Friday.  She slept horribly running a low grade fever Friday night.  Fever broke after she took an Advil.  Yesterday she was cranky and didn’t feel great.  Took a long nap.  We went to the country club with friends for dinner.  Got home had a nightcap.  She slept about 10 hours woke up today and feels like her normal self.  She had the Pfizer vaccine.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Our church is on my Avatar.

Paulines late mam and dad and Pauline and I got married here.

Both Pauline's mam and dad's funeral service was held here too.

So much history and tradition.

For me, it's amazing to have so deep "roots" in one place, since, more or less, we're a country of immigrants, 72 years old only, and quite a lot of people left their memories in their original homeland....

I'll have to revisit Bucharest to see the synagogue where my late parents got married. Luckily, it was not destroyed by the war or by the Communist party....

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Fever broke after she took an Advil.

Thanks for mentioning the Advil, with your DW being a RN.

Some said it's not recommended after the Pfizer vaccines, something along the lines of "lessening the efficacy/effectiveness [pick one...] of the vaccine".

We had our 2nd Pfizer jab 4 hours ago, and my arm is hurting. I was just looking through our medicine chest for an Advil "replacement" ...  Advil works great for me.

• Like 1