Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

28 minutes ago, BSocial said:

Happy Anniversary!   Hope you two had a wonderful day. 

sorry to hear about your BP.  Still praying for your post-vaccine headache to ease.   

The most enjoyable thing today was being face timed by my grand children and their dog seeing my face and licking the screen.

• Like 12
  • Haha 1

Tomorrow we will celebrate our anniversary early.  Drive down to the beach, explore a new area and hopefully find some good food and an adult beverage.  The weather is supposed to be fairly nice with some sun and the rain will have stopped.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Tomorrow we will celebrate our anniversary early.  Drive down to the beach, explore a new area and hopefully find some good food and an adult beverage.  The weather is supposed to be fairly nice with some sun and the rain will have stopped.

happy early anniversary,  wishing you beautiful weather !

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

She, unfortunately, was crushed by a sanitation truck one block from our house.  It was six years ago and we are still dealing with the aftermath.  The driver was just out of drug rehab and should not have been driving.  She was 91 but so active and still driving.  They said I have PTSD from trying to pretend it never happened 😢

Omg, I’m so, so sorry. I don’t know why I was thinking it might have due to covid. I guess from all the unfortunate deaths lately aka all past year and now. 😥 She will always be in your heart and my she rest in peace. May you also recover from this. 

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 2

We were married by a Justice Of The Peace first time around. We have the same date, but 1 year apart. 🍾  I had moved to CA (January) to be with Mike who was transferred there 2 months prior. He was going to be deployed to the Philippines in May. Since we weren’t married yet he was afraid if anything happened to him the Navy wouldn’t help me move back, plus I had already rented out my townhouse. We chose Valentine’s Day since the following year it would also be President’s Day. That gave relatives a 3 day weekend since all relatives were from out of state. This year will be 34 years for us. We got married after 10 months of knowing each other which went completely against my plans. Best thing ever. 💘

12 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

The sun is back, and not a moment too soon 😁

On a clear day, we can say a sliver of sea from our balcony -- 

_DSC3053.JPG

Beautiful, postcard ready.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, island lady said:

Loving it!  Windows all open to the fresh air!  🙂 

We have had our windows open for almost 3 weeks. Tomorrow night it will only get down to 70 so ac it is again. 🙁

5 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Thank you.I too was owned by pets.

Funny how they own us and dictate how we live. Wouldn’t change a thing. 😻🥰

• Like 5

7 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Thank you very much my fellow New Yorker.I try to have a positive outlook .I cannot dwell on negatives.Life is too short.

I tell people to try and get the most out of each and every day.

That is the best advice ever.

Best wishes Lenny.

Graham.

7 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Thanks.I always try to think positive.

Yep, I used to say nothing I have will kill me.

Unfortunately the advice is now, this will probably be what kills you.

So now it is “At least I gave another day to annoy Mrs G”.

there has to be some plus in each day. Sometimes you just need to look hard enough.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

@GUT2407

Mr. G.,

I've always wondered what is your handle? A dog may be? An indigenous Australian animal???

It is a line drawing of a Schnauzer (dog).

since we are talking anniversaries I will tell a story that combines the two.

As our second anniversary approached, Mrs Gut said to me, get me pregnant or get me a dog. Now I had just gone through glandular fever and the doctors assured us the first was unlikely for a few years.

So began a 35 year involvement with Dalmatians, breeding, showing, judging etc. she got our first for an anniversary present.

that night, I also proved the doctors wrong.

As my mobility faded we downsized from Dalmatians to a Miniature Schnauzer who, on those days I can’t even get out of bed, has become my shadow.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

In this situation, at minimum, the practice was fun. I mean, we are looking to find the positive. 😉

Nice "catch", Andrew 😉 That's the whole purpose of this thread -- finding the positive 🌷

BTW, did u c the link I've posted for your cousin?

2 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

It is a line drawing of a Schnauzer (dog).

since we are talking anniversaries I will tell a story that combines the two.

As our second anniversary approached, Mrs Gut said to me, get me pregnant or get me a dog. Now I had just gone through glandular fever and the doctors assured us the first was unlikely for a few years.

So began a 35 year involvement with Dalmatians, breeding, showing, judging etc. she got our first for an anniversary present.

that night, I also proved the doctors wrong.

As my mobility faded we downsized from Dalmatians to a Miniature Schnauzer who, on those days I can’t even get out of bed, has become my shadow.

Congratulations on proving the doctors wrong and the dogs.  Dogs are such good companions.

• Like 2